A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mahmood Akhavi:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mahmood Akhavi is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mahmood Akhavi, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Restless Legs Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhavi graduated from Tehran School Of Medical Sciences.
Dr. Akhavi has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Baylor Medical Center At Garland
- North Central Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akhavi accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Unicare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 4 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mahmood S. Akhavi practice?
Dr. Mahmood Akhavi practices Neurology near Garland, TX.
See Garland Neurologists.