Dr. Mahmoud Issa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

December 14th, 2009
Nice Dr but not good
I went to Dr.Issa for bowel problems. It took 3 months to get in to see him. I then waited over 2 hours due to his receptionist giving me the wrong time. Dr.Issa spent 3 minutes talking to me and rushed with all of his patients. I had a colonoscopy and Dr.Issa said I have IBS-C and a fissure but said there's no need for follow up because the fissure will heal on it's own.He prescribed me amitzia and I told him I was having loose stools with it and he said to not take it daily then. Anyhow. this was back in July. I ended up in the E.R 3 weeks ago due to severe anal pain and the E.R dr said my fissure is so bad that I need emergency surgery. I was referred to Dr. Westbrook that's snot only a general surgeon but his specialty is the colon,butt, etc. He ended up having to do a partial lateral spinsterectomy surgery due to Dr.Issa not following up and ensuring my fissure healed.Also, I never had IBS -C. Turns out I've got a problem with my thyroid and that can cause IBS symptoms and Dr.Westbrook told me, loose stools and constipation cause fissures and cause them not to heal. However Dr.Issa never once told me that the loose stools would effect my fissure. Very horrible place!