Dr. Mahmoud Wahba MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Kansas City, MO

2.1

September 10th, 2014
Demanded cash in his Physicians office
This Dr. asked me for cash in his Physicians office..he was demanding about it and this was my first visit. When I told him I only had checks or credit card he looked disappointed but let me pay the woman at the front desk. It was clear he wanted the cash to be paid to him not the woman at the front desk. He also said some inappropriate things in my opinion.

May 6th, 2013
Money issues rule this practice
I have a lot of concerns with this doctor. I wait on average an hour for my scheduled appointment. The front office does not have any type of sound barrier into the lobby. While I sit there for an hour, I can hear every conversation and phone call that goes on in the front office. Including patient names, medications, etc. which seems like this set up would be a major HIPA violation. Front office staff is very nice and I think doing the best with what she has to work with. This practice is really focused on the money not the patient. Each time I've met with this doctor we spend more time discussing how insurance companies are putting the squeeze on psychiatrist and how he is changing his fees yet again. When I started seeing him I paid my large copay, then shortly thereafter he told me I needed to pay an additional $30 cash on top of my co-pay at each appointment as an office fee. Between what my insurace pays, my co-pay, and the additional office fee he should be making $850/hour. That's a pretty high billing rate. I'm sorry insurance has put the squeeze on him but it is very intimidating to be sitting in a doctor's office asking for mental health help and to feel like you are getting hustled to see how much cash is in your purse. To say the least, I am looking for a new doctor.

December 4th, 2012
Dr. Wahba,is a caring and great physician I would not be here if it wasn't for him. I've been to so many doctors he was the only who diagnosed me correctly.I'm doing so much better

August 26th, 2012
He is greedy, and I really feel he do not care about his patients. He knew I was still having issues, he never offered to change medication. He said there wasn't much out there to treat my condition. I go to a new doctor told him I was still having issues, he immediately changed my dosage, within two days I felt better.

July 1st, 2012
This doctor is a quack!
This doctor does not accept insurance, cash only basis.Make sure to get a receipt for your payment! Your appointment times don't matter, you will sit up to a hour waiting. His staff is not very responsible when it comes to calling in refills. Example, they are out on vacation for a week in which your meds will run out during that time. Told to call in the week before their vacation to get it done, did so on a Tuesday, and was never done!Discover this fact when you go to pick up your meds and then you cannot get ahold of anyone. He will also keep you on medication longer than you should be just to keep milking you out of your money and not really trying to help you. It's sad when you have a limited amount of income, and are trying to recover from opiate addiction. He has you at his mercy, and doesn't care for his patients. Just cares about making money and keeping you hooked.

March 9th, 2012
Un-Ethical and Greedy
He is always late for appointments, averaging over an hour, and have waited 2 hours before. He no longer accepts insurance, instead asking patients for $150 Cash Only for each visit, ever 30 days. He does not help with facilitating any prescription authorizations, and only takes appointments on Tuesday's, wednesdays, and Thursday's, between the hours of 2 and 4pm. New patients in the need of good healthcare are taken advantage of by being told they need to be seen every week and the first visit is 250.00 and 150.00 every week after that and the level of patient care is limited at best.

June 7th, 2011
My experiences with Dr. Wahba have been extremely frustrating and disappointing. I typically schedule appointments early in the afternoon with Dr. Wahba, as the earliest he will schedule appointments is 1:30. Despite making appointments for that time, typically when I show up the doctor is 30-45 minutes late. And despite using a scheduling system, the doctor sees patients on a first come, first serve basis. So even though you may have had the first appointment of the day, 8 people who may have appointments later in the day may decide to show up earlier, so you are forced to wait for them. The only positive is that the doctor only spends 2 or 3 minutes with each patient, so you'll only have to wait an hour or two extra. The doctor charges 150 per visit, so you're essentially paying him around $50 per minute. Through my experience with Dr. Wahba, it's become clear that he's trying to push as many patients through as quickly as possible and make as much money as he can. Wahba cares very little for his patients and preys on their addiction for his personal gain. I'd avoid this doctor if at all possible.

April 12th, 2011
Fails to arrive on time for appointments and despite there being a set schedule for patients, they are seen on a first come first serve basis. You could have an appointment at 3, but if people show up early for their 330 appointment they will be seen before you and so on. And once you finally do see the doctor he only spends a few minutes with you and rolls through patients as quickly as possible. It appears that he views patients as money and not real people. The only good thing about this doctor is his assistant, Shirley, who is very kind.

December 7th, 2009
Based on random prescriptions and lack of listening to my symptoms it appeared Dr. Wahba had little or no experience with suboxone detoxification. He seemed to infer that I was deceiving him about my symptoms and needs since his prescriptions were making me feel ill.