Dr. Mahpara Syed MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2017
Dr Syed is fantastic!
Dr Syed is fantastic! She does a great job managing my very rare disease. I am so grateful to have found her!

November 25th, 2015
I have seen no less than 10 medical professionals in the past 3 months, attempting to diagnose my complicated medical situation. My health issues recently became acute after an 11 year progression. Dr. Syed was the first to thoroughly evaluate ALL of my symptoms. She explained that in a complicated situation like mine, we'd have to work together to determine my diagnosis. "You know your body, and I know rheumatoid diseases. Let's solve this puzzle together." With that, she took over to her computer, turned it toward me and we worked through each potential disease, comparing symptoms and lab results to determine my diagnostic and treatment strategy. I've never had a doctor include me in the diagnostic plan before. We need more doctors like Dr. Syed!

April 1st, 2015
Very kind and interested in me.

February 6th, 2015
I was the extremely nervous about my appointment. I had already seen multiple Rheumatologist who have misdiagnosed me. Dr. Syed knew immediately and began treatment right away. I can't be any happier with her and her office staff is very helpful.

January 27th, 2015
This doctor does not like you to ask her any questions and she does not like to answer questions. She wants to tell you what the issues are and is not open to any discussion. She writes everything down a paper and gives it to you, but dare you to ask her any questions. Her medical assistant is also very rude, the whole experience is not good and not very inviting to want to go back. Good luck if you stick with this doctor, she would'nt even address my high blood pressure,stated she does'nt treat blood pressure,even when you're in her office and it's high, I was told to go to the ER or urgent care...What a joke...again good luck with this one.

May 16th, 2014
This doctor is fabulous. She explained my labs In detail. I have seen 3 rheumatologist that were unable to diagnose me, she did it in less than 5 minutes.

March 20th, 2014
Patient
thorough and good in diagnosis

February 27th, 2014
Amazing
I wasn't sure about seeing Dr. Syed at first. After my first visit I fell in love. She is the most thorough doctor I have ever seen. The second visit she spent time explaining every test she took and answered all my questions. I was happy to hear I do NOT have any type of arthritis but sad that I will not have the pleasure of seeing her again.

September 30th, 2013
Do not go to Dr. Syed. She is rude, inconsiderate and has a major superiority complex. She acted as if I was wasting HER precious time by even going to her. What about all the time I'VE spent trying to get an accurate diagnosis? Her behavior is unexcusable.

April 11th, 2013
Very inappropriate
I would never go to this doctor again. My PCP sent me there and this doctor laughed at me and told me I was stupid for even being there. Do YOu want a doctor who makes you feel stupid and worthless? if so then by all means see this one. personally I have made a complaint to my PCPs office, Beaumont medical systems and I'm filing a complaint with the Michigan Medical Board. Her behavior was inexcusable.

August 23rd, 2012
AMAZING!!!
I found Dr.Syed after years of being misdiagnosed. Dr.Syed reviewed my labs and diagnosed me on my first visit. I love coming to her office. From the moment you arrive you are greeted with a smile. Its nice to feel like a person and not "just a patient". I would recommend this Doctor to everyone.

August 1st, 2012
I have been a patient of Dr. Syed's for several years. I found her after an unpleasant experience with another doctor and I am very happy to be in her care. She takes the time ask questions, listen to my responses and gives me relevant information. She has adjusted my course of treatment based on the information I share with her. She is thorough as well.