Dr. Mahtab Sohrevardi MD Patient Reviews

2.7
  • 14 reviews

July 15th, 2016
Appalling
Absolutely appalling this woman. Rude, inaccurate on every level. First she was diagnosing me with conditions I don't have. Then she was dismissing conditions I do have. Trying to take me off of life-sustaining medication that I need, while trying to give me medications that I don't need. Wouldn't listen and everything that came out of her mouth was inaccurate. Then she went into my records and messed everything up. Two weeks later and I'm still trying to have the erroneous info she put in there corrected. She's not even my endocrinologist, I was just unlucky enough to have been an inpatient and assigned to her during my hospital stay. Her residents are just as rude and condescending. Whatever institution gave this woman a medical license needs to be investigated. I'm absolutely appalled on every level.

August 6th, 2013
Poor Response time on reviewing lab results
The doctor took over two months to explain the results of the lab test that was done. When she finally did respond back it took more than fifteen phone calls before a final response was given. If you have two months to spare this is a good doctor

July 29th, 2013
Dr. Sohrevardi is a wonderful doctor. I thought that she was very knowledgeable and always explained things well. She is a great doctor and I would highly recommend her.

April 16th, 2013
Unsympathetic, doesn't listen
I, like other reviewers, had to wait for a long time before I was seen. She didn't pay attention to anything I said. There were numerous times that I would be in the middle of saying something and she would just talk over me. Her advise was to quit taking medication that was prescribed to me for pain, without even exploring what the reasons were for my taking them. Her answer for everything was weight loss. You have to love thin people that are prejudiced against heavy people. I was almost 80 pounds thinner a few years ago, but I never acted that way towards people that weighed more than me. Yes, I am aware that I need to lose weight, that is the reason I was there. I had dropped my calorie intake in half and was getting as much exercise as I could considering my physical limitations and was still having a hard time losing any weight. I am hyperthyroid and wanted to make sure that my pcp was dosing me correctly. She ordered a bunch of lab work which I had done, although their regular lab was closed and I had to wait over an hour just to have my blood drawn. I was at the hospital and her office for close to 3 hours and no one has even bothered to call me back with the test results. This was six months ago. Ridiculous waste of time.

February 8th, 2013
Dr. Sohrevardi does has restricted my drivers license for no reason, except maybe from her spite and indignation from my disatifaction with her staff. My A1C's were good. 6.8 she told me to lower my basil rate. I did as she asked. Then my A1C went to 7.3 still good but not better. She never asked about my situation or how I manage my diabetes. I manage it well. I test 5 times a day. I'm not overweight. I was still seeing her until her staff never faxed my DMV form to the Utah Drivers License devision. I recieved a ticket/citation from the police for driving under expired license. I called and the staff promised to fax in the form, they didn't. They have given me false information about the DMV form and theyh don't treat you with respect. I DO NOT recommend this Dr. She is not reasonable, logical or understanding.

January 21st, 2013
Don't waste your time!
Not sympathetic towards any symptoms....makes you go back and back spending co pays while everything could have been done over the phone. Spend several hours in office waiting on her. Her answer is to loose weight. She will not treat clinically. Poor follow up.

July 30th, 2012
not sympathetic
I went to see her as a referral from my primary doc. She didn't have my records on hand even though i confirmed with her receptionist.After explaining my issues she took blood tests and a week later ordered an MRI Asap infear ofna tumor. I waited for 5 days before she called me back and after 3 days of leaving her messages. Finally she told me MRI was fine but i was pre diabetic and converting testosterone to estrogen. She gave no help or meds, just told me to loose weight and come back 3 months later. She did say that estrogen makes you retain body fat, but didnt offer estrogen blockers somi could loose thhe weight. She didnt seem to care that weight loss is nearly impossible for me and that is why inwasnseeing her. I feel like i wasted 2 months of my time with her to be in same situation

May 21st, 2012
I would not recommend her
I went in because I had a baby and my thyroid levels went crazy after giving birth. My levels were 300 times above what they should be. Dr. Sohrevardi's assistant called me and told me to stop taking the medication I was on and insisted that I come into the office. I kindly asked why. I didn't see the need since they had my lab results and already told me to stop taking my meds. She then spoke with Sohrevardi who still insisted that I come in. To make a long story short, I went in, waited for 35 minutes in the waiting room and 25 minutes in the room she would see me in. I finally went and asked her to come in after she had been out talking and laughing with her co-workers for 10 minutes. She told me to stop taking my meds and that she would see me again in 2 months. So an hourAnd 15 minutes later and $25 copay pater, NOTHING was accomplished. So frustrating. She is terrible and all previous times I have gone in it has been bad. She just struts around in a doctor jacket and high- heels and states the obvious. So frustrating.

April 23rd, 2012
She's Okay
I've been seeing her for my diabetes. I am a type 2 diabetic. At first I was not so pleased with her, she kept waving her arms at me saying I was overloaded with sugar. Every time I tried to explain to her that I don't just sit at home and eat all day, I really don't think she believed me. I just wish she would really take time and listed to what I have to say.

October 30th, 2011
Concerned
I saw her for an opinion on thyroid cancer at the advice of Dr. Hunter the neck surgeon who did my cancer surgery. She was to talk about doing Iodine, but was in and out in under 10 minutes, did not ask if I had any questions. Just said I needed the iodine and her staff would refer me to radiology.That was frustrating, but I later got a copy of her clinic note and see that she claimed that she spent "over 100 minutes in person' with me on this visit. Totaly not true. I learn from others that this was done for billing purposes. I am going back to my prior thyroid doc who never lead me wrong. Advice - ask for a copy of your note later and see what she said really happened. I should complain to her boss or insurance, but never did.

April 25th, 2011
Excellent doctor. Saved my wife's life while in emergency hospital care. Came to hospital many nights in the wee hours of the morning to research her diagnosis and find solutions. Was right on the mark with diabetic and thyroid diagnosis. Cannot praise her enough!!!!!

March 24th, 2011
Maybe Dr. Sohrevardi is smart, but she has very poor communication skills, and I did not feel that she was interested in helping me at all. She ordered a lot of blood work and when I saw that it was obviously out of range, I tried repeatedly to contact her to find out why and what I needed to do next. She only left messages through her nurse saying that the labs were normal and she could not help me. Finally, after I threatened to talk to her supervisor, she called me back promptly and said that my labs were not normal and I needed some follow-up care. (Oh, really?!) She interrupted me frequently and did not bother trying to listen to what I was saying. I did not go back to see her, and would never recommend her to anyone.