Dr. Mahyar Parvin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mahyar Parvin?

July 31st, 2017

Extremely Unprofessional

We saw Dr. Parvin and a therapist for several months and it seemed to work well for my son despite the fact that I personally found Parvin arrogant and obnoxious. Most of the credit for my son's growth would actually go to Jennifer, the counselor. A lot of sessions with Dr. Parvin were spent with him going off on unnecessary tangents or talking about himself rather than focusing on what my son needed. Still we continued going while hoping that my son would benefit long term. Until the day he sprung my son's diagnosis on us without any warning or prior conversation -- in the middle of a therapy session --- and seemingly to get a reaction out of my son. The diagnosis was a shock to us all and when I called the next day and asked (the therapist) to meet with him to learn more about it, he REFUSED and had her tell me that he had already spent enough time with us and that if I "didn't like his diagnosis" that I could wait six weeks for our next appointment to talk to him. While I furiously took some time to think about how to handle this, the therapist called me again and said we were being discharged! I NEVER even heard from him personally! This man is an arrogant ego maniac and his entire office is UNBELIEVABLY UNPROFESSIONAL.

April 4th, 2017

Takes a unique approach

My son has been a patient of Dr. Parvin for about 7 yrs. He has always been kind, sympathetic, and caring, He goes above and beyond for his patients, constantly researching, and looking for new ways to improve the quality of his patients (and families) lives. He doesn't always jump to medicine, and tries different non medical interventions along with traditional medicines, which I find helpful. His staff is helpful nd pleasant, Lisssete,, always kind and patient, and Amy is amazing and helpful. She ALWAYS gets back to me , and if there is a crisis, they are there with you to help. That being said I find it helpful to always call before I come in for an appointment to check on wait times. He spends time with people when necessary, which can make him run a little late. :)

March 30th, 2017

Great location

Jennifer and Dr Parvin are a great team Amy was rude the other day too bossie Overall works when I need help with things

March 30th, 2017

Cares a lot

Good doctor just helped my family a lot Always dedicated Good therapists and good front staff

February 8th, 2013

Best psychiatrist we've been to hands down

Dr. Parvin and his staff have gone way overboard helping my family and I feel I'm now successful and able to do well in my own career because of his support. His staff have all been very helpful despite how busy it can get. I wish I could go back to Illinois and thank him but since getting promoted we've moved..looking for another dr half as good now wish me luck! Don't know why it's so hard.

March 1st, 2011

I'm a teacher in the school district, and have worked with many doctors in the area due to my child's diagnosis. However, Dr. Parvin is by far the best doctor we have been to (and we have been to a LOT sad to say). I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has a child with behavioral or learning problems. Also his staff goes out of their way to help. They are a very busy office, and their waiting room is usually packed but it's worth waiting to get in. to be honest it's not easy dealing with my child's problems and is a daily struggle but at least I know his office and support help us and we're much better off than before when she wasn't on medication.

November 15th, 2010

You might have to wait to get in to see him

However, he gives all his patients the same time. It is not all about the pills. Talking is important and listening too.He cares, that's important.

September 20th, 2017