Dr. Mahyar Parvin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 31st, 2017
Extremely Unprofessional
We saw Dr. Parvin and a therapist for several months and it seemed to work well for my son despite the fact that I personally found Parvin arrogant and obnoxious. Most of the credit for my son's growth would actually go to Jennifer, the counselor. A lot of sessions with Dr. Parvin were spent with him going off on unnecessary tangents or talking about himself rather than focusing on what my son needed. Still we continued going while hoping that my son would benefit long term. Until the day he sprung my son's diagnosis on us without any warning or prior conversation -- in the middle of a therapy session --- and seemingly to get a reaction out of my son. The diagnosis was a shock to us all and when I called the next day and asked (the therapist) to meet with him to learn more about it, he REFUSED and had her tell me that he had already spent enough time with us and that if I "didn't like his diagnosis" that I could wait six weeks for our next appointment to talk to him. While I furiously took some time to think about how to handle this, the therapist called me again and said we were being discharged! I NEVER even heard from him personally! This man is an arrogant ego maniac and his entire office is UNBELIEVABLY UNPROFESSIONAL.

June 17th, 2017
Excellent choice!
I've been a patient of Dr. Parvin's for over 2 years. I'm very happy with his practice. Very friendly and knowledgeable doctor and staff. Dr. Parvin uses an awesome genetics testing technique which dramatically speeds up the process of matching the patient to prescriptions that are safe and most affective for a patient based on their genetics. Life changing results!

May 15th, 2017
I have known Dr. Parvin a little over 8 years now. He began treating my eldest son and soon after I started treatment. Dr. Parvin and staff have taken my family in as their own. Their services have been outstanding and most important helpful. I have never had a problem scheduling appointments and once there he and his staff spends the appropriate time needed to provide the best service we need. We trust Dr. Parvin on his recommendations for treatment and are very thankful for what he has done.

May 12th, 2017
Dr. Parvin
I've been with Dr. Parvin for almost 10 years now. Many of these reviews are unfair towards him as patients may ignore his recommendations and end up making their issues worse. He has helped me through depression and many other struggles, and now I'm 3/4 through engineering school on track to graduating the honors program. A big turn around from the chance of not graduating 5th grade. If you happen to read this Dr. P, thanks for everything. You've turned my entire life in the right direction.

April 21st, 2017
Definitely unique approach
Good doctor and therapist take care of issues right away Genetic testing school Helps lower side effects and prevent death ! Dr. does not get money from the gene company only gets the results we give permission to Dr. To help us by using the test results. Lots of preventative healthcare here They take insurance Receptionist are caring Really like Amy

April 20th, 2017
Dr. Parvin knows his stuff!!!
I was not a fan of therapy prior to my son seeing Dr. Parvin. Looking back at our journey now, and how far my son has come, I can't imagine anyone being able to do a better job! He taught me how a medical issue is the same whether it is mental, emotional, or physical. I was opposed to medicine (thought it was trendy or a quick fix), but Dr. Parvin, through his unique ability to visually describe what the medicines do specifically, educated me on their benefits, and my son is in a great place!

April 4th, 2017
Takes a unique approach
My son has been a patient of Dr. Parvin for about 7 yrs. He has always been kind, sympathetic, and caring, He goes above and beyond for his patients, constantly researching, and looking for new ways to improve the quality of his patients (and families) lives. He doesn't always jump to medicine, and tries different non medical interventions along with traditional medicines, which I find helpful. His staff is helpful nd pleasant, Lisssete,, always kind and patient, and Amy is amazing and helpful. She ALWAYS gets back to me , and if there is a crisis, they are there with you to help. That being said I find it helpful to always call before I come in for an appointment to check on wait times. He spends time with people when necessary, which can make him run a little late. :)

Dr Parvin is great
Is direct supportive and funny Sometimes late but worth the wait

Great location
Jennifer and Dr Parvin are a great team Amy was rude the other day too bossie Overall works when I need help with things

Cares a lot
Good doctor just helped my family a lot Always dedicated Good therapists and good front staff

March 30th, 2017
8 years here myself all my kids great doc hard worker worth the wait genetic testing helped my family
Very dedicated doctor. 8 years at this office and trust him and my kids lives and my life. Very professional and helps us laugh and see truth. Genetic testing saved us. He really works hard for good results. Person who made negative review. People who say negative just don't get it. If you've been there for 6 years then your life is better. You trust your kids lives with him then you know he's good . Where's your decency and loyalty and thanks. Omg do you have your head on straight. Really? Go to another place that will do better than his staff the therapists are great this place even helped us by not overcharging us ever they gave us breaks when We had money problems. Negative reviewer you're review feels very untruthful i Talk with most mothers who are in the waiting room We are all pleased. Really negative. You're putting down a place you go for So long and no specific statements of why you coward! I pray we all have great medical service like the way dr Parvin and his team give in all our medical care I'll be watching for you in the waiting room I will pray for you! Show kindness be a respectful thankful person and don't make up stuff. I bet your the one with recent problems at home with Your spouse I think heard you talking out there once. Wow! 6 years where's your good review for all the hard work And good results

July 3rd, 2013
Tired of the really short psych appointments? I was too. Dr. Parvin takes the time to explain conditions, meds and answers questions. Sometimes the wait can be a little long, however, it is better than getting the usual 5 minute check in elsewhere. He might be a little too quick with the prescription pad. However, many doctors are. I had a side effect that he wanted to treat with another med. His front desk staff is friendly and pleasant. He may challenge you on some things. That is really all I want to say about that.