Dr. Mahyar Parvin MD Patient Reviews

• 20 reviews

October 3rd, 2016
Complete circus show
Violated dr patient confidentiality within the first 5 minutes I met him. Told my parents everything I had discussed with his psychologist & then continued with an outrageous evaluation of my mental state using foreign accents and child-like analogies. I am 21 years old. Told my parents and I he was "f*****g smart" and badgered my father, talking in circles to the point that no one understood him. He is egocentric and the entire appointment was a circus show. I can see how he may be good with young children but in my opinion he is a joke. My dad immediately asked for the $400 copay back after the appointment ended (which is a ridiculous amount to charge before seeing a dr to being with). He continued to use my mental health issues as a pawn in his argument with my parents, saying that they did not care about my health (very untrue they are my #1 supporters) Very unappealing when you are looking for someone to help resolve your issues and add some peace in your life. I would not recommend him to anyone.

June 17th, 2016
Arrogant
Arrogant. For our consult they put us in an office and he viewed us from a camera on another area. Guess he wanted to see the family dynamics? Spent more time talking about himself. Said he could come up with several different combinations of drugs to try. We went a few more visits than found someone who actually put patient first.

May 26th, 2016
Horrible Customer Service
Dr. is ok but customer service staff is horrible, they expect you to bend over backwards for them but when you need to reschedule you are treated like crap! Keep looking there are better doctor office's out there.

November 19th, 2015
Dr Parvin is very unprofessional and seems to be in it for the money! No compassion for patients or any sort of understanding!! Very sad, wouldnt recommend anyone to go to him!!

February 23rd, 2015
Like the team approach
Like the team approach. very cutting edge group. they all care.

January 28th, 2015
very poor advice given to a parent seeking help for a 7 year old. found a qualifed therapist elsewhere.

August 21st, 2014
This doc and his team save lives!! Go away rats! This dude helped us a bunch
The people below are skewed dude! This doc and his team saved our family children and marriage. What the heck! Everyone I go there the doc just works his tail off for us. He discovererd a serious thyroid and sleep apnea issue. He stopped a suicide happening in our family. He talks to the patients and knows the meds. If you say he doesn't talk to you and only pushes meds them your a lier and probably tried to do something terrible that got you kicked out. His therapy team is awesome caring and they solve problems as a team. We could have divorced and lost everything. We are all healthier and now were making more money since were functioning and are out of financial debt. The doc gave us a sliding scale when we were totally in trouble and excused a lot of our debt because we are long time patients. So you terrible liers and unappreciative people. Go some where else especially the dude or lady who wrote review below. He forced meds, he shouldn't order labs, he talked with you instead of pushing pills. Wow he saved my daughters life and contributed to my family getting out of the hole. While there might be you few who complain there are hundreds of people who are getting better. Stop complaining about your situation. If your talking about money then your the money monger. This doc saved us a ton of money and his team of therapists is top notch and the front staff awesome. Thank you doc! We will always have your back and the entire group at FBH! Again thank you.

October 17th, 2013
Do not go here

July 27th, 2013
Parent of mentally disabled child
I would not recommend this DR or his office Family Behavioral Health to anyone. The wait time to see the DR. is incredibly long, usually at least an hour. The DR is very egocentric. Beware of being charged on your bank accounts also. This office took over $400 from my checking account without my permission. Also the DR is never available anywhere but in his office. Never give them access to your account, which is their policy. I can tell you that with every visit to the office I overheard on of the receptionists dealing with an upset person over the phone... telling!

July 3rd, 2013
Tired of the really short psych appointments? I was too. Dr. Parvin takes the time to explain conditions, meds and answers questions. Sometimes the wait can be a little long, however, it is better than getting the usual 5 minute check in elsewhere. He might be a little too quick with the prescription pad. However, many doctors are. I had a side effect that he wanted to treat with another med. His front desk staff is friendly and pleasant. He may challenge you on some things. That is really all I want to say about that.

May 10th, 2013
Do Not waste your time with Dr. Parvin. He is only intersted in medicating and over medicating!! It's almost impossible to get a hold of him or to communicate through a phone call. He refused to collaberate or return phone calls to other doctor's involved in my care and I was not treated with respect and dignity. There are actually very good doctor's out there, don't make the mistake and waste valuable time and money with this one.

February 17th, 2013
All about him
(He also goes by Matthew.) I'm 15-years-old and I go to Family behavioral health in Plainfield. I went to see him due to family issues (I do not get along with my emotionally abusive parents) and it seems like everything is about him. Whenever I bring up something good I did he ignores me, tells me that I'm nothing but a kid. To trust him, look at all his degrees. He says my parents are always right, and never, EVER listens to me. He says everything between us is secret, then tells my parents. He says 'don't say you're a great student, I did better than you'. I cannot not take him. He tells my parents what they do is right, and the abuse continues.