Dr. Mai Nguyen MD Patient Reviews

April 4th, 2016
A Very Unpleasant Doctor and Staff

November 20th, 2013
GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Oh god. Please save yourself the stress, anxiety and grief. If you didn't have anxiety already, you would definitely develop it sitting in front of her. So let me tell you my experience with doctor dearest. I received a reminder call this morning of my appointment from the front office lady. Good confirmed. I show up 15 minutes early, as instructed, filled out all the necessary paper work. The office is... dull. Lacking in personally, warmth and comfort. It feels like you're in a third world clinic. You get called in, and you sit in this small room, with chairs lined up against the wall. and her humongous desk taking up 3/4 of the room, leaving you with maybe area the size of full size bed to sit in. Mind you, you're not sitting directly in front of her either. So, she begins talking asking you about your symptoms. She's very... precise... would be the nice word to use. She only wants symptoms and dates of occurrence. And she will pressure you into giving more information. It felt like an interrogation. She was not interested WHY you felt that way. She wanted to know how you felt that way. HOW? I wouldn't be in there if I knew HOW. She judges you and belittles you for your lifestyle. I was sooooooo glad and sooooo relieved to be out of there. I'm sure you can find better, more sympathetic, less cold, psychiatrists out there. I'm sure as heck going to. Oh, and she doesn't fill out paperwork. If you need to have forms filled out for work or unemployment or disability, they charge an administrative fee. I've never heard of a doctor charging you money for a doctor's note. I'm pretty sure they make good enough money off my insurance, but to then charge a fee for filling out paperwork, sounds like a crook to me. BEWARE!

March 11th, 2013
I do not have a good word for this doctor
I have to agree with the reviews here, my mother went there and I accompanied her on occassion.It wasn't long before I saw how unprofessional, rude, impatient, and disinterested this doctor was. I also got a weird outburst from her, after asking simple mental health questions...I don't have much experience or knowledge in mental health and it's a stressful situation, she totally made it worse.

October 3rd, 2011
incompetent, unethical, and unprofessional
she is so incompetent, unethical, and unprofessional. I bet when asked to take medical exams again, she would certainly failed on most but only surely passed the arrogant. She thought most of her patients are vietnamese who don't know how to file complaints therefore, she does careless about her behaviors and conducts. She overdruged me for too long, only because she selfishly wanted my insurance and copayment. I am currently filed complaint formally against her with the Medical Board of California about her incompentent, unethical, and unprofessional behaviors and conducts.

March 25th, 2010
WORST DOCTOR I'VE EVER MET
Dr Mai H Nguyen got upset for me asking her general questions on my mother's medication, yelling at me that "She didn't have time for this!!" I replied, I am just asking because I don't know the answer so you don't have to be so rude. She retorted, "If you think I am rude, there are other doctors out there you can go to and opened the door for me to get out, then says do you want the meds or not? If not, I can't help you anymore and you dont have to come here anymore! Then she said if you mom gets worse, call 911 and have her commited!! I was so shocked hearing this from her mouth. How unprofessional and impatient can a DOCTOR get at an unknowledgable and concerned family member of her patient?! Totally inappropriate behavior on her part, no professionalism at all! People go to a doctor to seek help not to get yelled at and kicked out! I filed a formal complaint against her and requested another doctor...I DO NOT recommend her to anyone!