A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mai Liu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mai Liu is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mai Liu, DO, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Bronchial Diseases
- Bronchial Hyperreactivity
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Intermittent Positive-Pressure Breathing
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Bronchiolo-Alveolar Adenocarcinoma)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Liu graduated from New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Liu has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital