A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mai Liu:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mai Liu is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Liu
Ragweed Allergy Patient Education Guide For information on how to diagnose and treat ragweed allergies, read Vitals' ragweed allergy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Liu Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mai Liu, DO, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Allergic Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis
- Bronchial Diseases
- Bronchial Hyperreactivity
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Fluid in Lungs (Pulmonary Edema)
- Intermittent Positive-Pressure Breathing
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Bronchial Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer (Bronchiolo-Alveolar Adenocarcinoma)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pulmonary Sarcoidosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Liu graduated from New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Liu has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mai Liu DO and MD is a male Internist, has 15 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Mai Liu practice?
- Dr. Mai Liu has 3 office locations.
Dr. Mai Liu practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Woodbury, NY and Flushing, NY.
See New Hyde Park Internists, New Hyde Park Critical Care Practitioners, and New Hyde Park Pulmonologists.