Dr. Majd Hakim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 24th, 2016
Run, don't walk, away from this doctor
I recommend that you NEVER see this doctor if you have thyroid problems. She will only base treatment on tests and will NOT take into consideration your symptoms. She has terrible bedside manner and does not listen to her patients. Dr. Hakim is not current with research and treatment. She also does not take into consideration diet and/or holistic approaches to treatment.

April 3rd, 2016
I highly recommend Dr. Hakim
Dr Hakim is by far, the best Dr I've ever had. She is deeply concerned about her patients and does not stop until a diagnosis and proper treatment is found. She's very knowledgable about not only endocrine diseases, but a wide spectrum of other medical issues. I know I'm in good hands with her Dr Hakim is a Dr that I look forward to seeing at all my appointments

March 3rd, 2016
Dr. Hakim is very nice, but I don't feel like she listens at all to my symptoms or how I actually FEEL. I have been going to her for hypothyroid for a year and a half. For that entire time, I have been complaining about a variety of symptoms. She insists that my thyroid numbers are within range, and therefore none of my many symptoms are being caused by my thyroid - even though other doctors have told me they are. To her, it is black and white. Numbers in range = I am fine. She won't change my meds. She doesn't seem to care at all about how I am actually feeling.

March 27th, 2015
Dr. Hakim used time of the visit to share with me her experience with OTHER patients instead of listening anything about me. Actually it turned out that one of her patients got on awesome meal plan since Dr. Hakim could not help her as well so now that's what Dr. Hakim is selling to other patience. She has very much by the book approach, not a step to the side.

March 26th, 2015
Dr. Hakim is very nice but office staff are horrible
Dr. Hakim is thorough and a very nice person. I would like to recommend her but the office staff is not worth the hassle. Who sends a letter to reschedule an appointment instead of calling the patient? Dr. Hakim's staff. Who makes you wait in the office while the person who is supposed to be helping you is on a personal phone call? Dr Hakim's staff. Etc. etc. etc.

March 24th, 2015
Mr.
During my one visit, Dr. Hakim was kind, knowledgeable, and wise. I felt completely comfortable with her, and trusted her approach, diagnosis, and treatment plan.

May 27th, 2014
Selective about patients
My friend recommended Dr. Hakim and I called to make an appt because I'm not happy with my current endo. The receptionist took all my info and then asked me what the appointment was for. I explained that I'm hypothyroid and prescribed synthroid which keeps my tsh in normal range for the most part but my current doc does not dig deeper to figure out why I still have hypo symptoms. She told me that Dr. Hakim doesn't have time to see patients like me and that I should ask my current doc to run different tests. If Dr. Hakim is so busy and won't see patients who currently have an endo but are looking to switch, then they should make that clear before taking personal information. I was so turned off by the attitude and condescension that I would never want to be involved with this practice.

October 19th, 2012
Dr. Hakim really cares about you as a person and goes above and beyond. I would recommend her practice! She is very knowledgable and I have been her patient for 8 years.

November 2nd, 2011
Long waits every time for five minutes of wasted time...
My thyroid was out of the normal range one time and was fluctuating, and Hakim diagnosed me as having hypothyroidism despite not having the anitbodies. After reading online, I get the feeling most endocrinologists have no idea what they are diagnosing, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. I complained about muscular spasms and heart palpitations on the drug synthroid, and she continued to prescribe it despite the issues. I then read horror stories about synthroid from othes that started with the drug, so I quit cold turkey and stopped going for my appointments. I kept canceling them.When I did go, the typical visit included my arrival at the appointed time I was told by the receptionist. I would promptly sign in then wait sometimes well over an hour before being called back. I would then get the typical checkup by a PA then wait for almost fifteen minutes for Hakim to arrive. Once she arrived, she was always in a hurry except on the first time where she did a sonogram and seemed so sure of her diagnosis. After that, she would come in to tell me my prescription needed a dosage change. She would then prescribe and end the session telling me to go pay. Sometimes, she would not even say goodbye as she would hurry off to her next patient. I found her behavior on multiple occasions to be unprofessional and completely uncaring. Her patients are just cattle to her, and she does not review her charts before coming in. She reviews them on the spot and diagnoses in a hurry. I always felt like I did not matter a lick to her, and I am now seeking a new doctor to treat me who actually will take the time to get to know me and my symptoms...

January 19th, 2011
She is an exceptional and kind physician with a state of the art knowledge of of pre-diabetic disease and hypoglycemia. I had visited other Frederick physicians who discounted my hypoglycemia as a minor condition not worthy of bother. Dr. Hakim developed a dietary and exercise plan that considerably reduced my symptoms over 6 months and greatly eased my concern. She is highly recommended

November 17th, 2010
Dr Hakim first treated me for hypothyroidism and was able to figure out the right dose of medication for me, even though I had previously seen a well known endo who had my dosage wrong. She was the first endo who discovered my metabolic syndrome even though I had seen another endo for 10 years prior with never any mention of that. She is a wonderful doctor who is great at diagnosis and has a wonderful, caring bedside manner.

May 13th, 2010
Diabetes Management
Dr. Hakim has been my endo for a few years now. She has been able to get my diabeties under control and will try new meds when needed. I find her easy to talk to. I do not feel rushed when I am there and she takes time to listen to me. My experiences have all been positive and supportive with Dr. Hakim