Dr. Majed Sahouri Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Majed Sahouri?

Horrible bedside manor - would not recommend this facility to my worst enemy

Posted on July 14th, 2017

There is not enough time or space to describe the horrible experience we had with my granddaughter whom is only 1.5 years of age. She was referred by her pediatrician for a urgent visit and a family friend whom is an opthamologist out of state who also stated she needed to be seen quickly. The pediatrician did refer her with a improper diagnosis which made him upset along with us being asked to be seen quickly. He and the staff held her down to try to look in her eyes which he looked for about 2 seconds as he was upset. They then held her down again to dilate her eyes after we had waited quite along time all together over 2 hours. He is suppose to work with pediatric children which is hard for me to believe as he has the worst bedside manners that I have ever witnessed from a physician and I work with a lot of them. He told us that she was fine and that we should be fortunate that she has a talent as she is crossing her eye on purpose. Who says that she is only 1.5 years old, really now. He said come back in 6 months if it continues. He was very rude and had a bad attitude. Our intuition kept saying we need a second opinion and it was a good thing we did. We took her to Children's Hospital where she saw a pediatric ophthalmologist who did care. They were amazing there and were able to look at her eyes several time as well as dilate them with no issues. The outcome was just what we expected. She barely has any vision in her left eye and her right eye is not the greatest either. She needs glasses and if no improvement possibly surgery. This should have been addressed when she seen you. We were sure to explain the treatment and the statement made about her new talent, their office stated they have had alot of patients recently from great lakes with complaints. Isn't that interesting. Thank god for you that it was not cancer and that she will not loose her vision now. You really should rethink your career path as your bedside manners and knowledge is unexcused. I pray that if you treat other children you do not do the same. I will be sure to let everyone know the kind of treatment that we received in hopes that they will go somewhere else. I am also hoping someone important reads this email and addressed this. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that you did not take the proper steps. Shame on you and your staff!!!!!

Communication lacking