Dr. Malathi Yella MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 24th, 2016
Sarah
Excellent clinician, takes time to know her patients and provides top notch care. Love her!!!!

February 26th, 2014
Excellent clinician, listens and cares. Saved my life. I was misdiagnosed with menopause and anxiety by few physicians, suffered for few years, until i saw Dr.Yella. With in a month after seeing Dr.Yella i was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and now have a defibrillator and pacer. I would highly recommend her to any body who is looking for a new physician.

September 5th, 2013
office visits
Dr. Yella is very thorough and spends a lot of time on my care. She listens to my issues with my health and explains everything to me in lay-mans terms. I highly recommend her to all my friends and family.

August 24th, 2013
I was recommended to Dr. Yella by a relative who is also her patient and my own doctor who was retiring. She is smart, well educated and well read, compassionate, listens, and takes the time the patient needs to spend with her. I trust her, feel very comfortable with her and know that she'll pay close attention when I'm talking to her. Her follow up in managing my health care is top notch. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a new or different doctor.

July 7th, 2013
Dr. Yella came highly recommended by several members of the medical community as well as my husband. After being under her care for several months, I can now see why. She is a firm believer in developing and maintaining a relationship with her patients and takes the time to get to know them and truly listen to what they have to say. In this day and age, that is a practice that has gone by the wayside for many, which is unfortunate since the information shared within the confines of an examining room is often just as important, if not more so, than any medical/laboratory test in determining a diagnosis. While you may wait a bit longer in the waiting room, it is well worth it. I'd highly recommend Dr. Yella for those who seek a knowledgeable and compassionate PCP with a holistic approach to medicine.

May 3rd, 2013
THe best of the best!
Dr Yella is kind, caring, and intelligent. She listens, and looks at the complete health of her patients. She diagnosed my symptoms after taking the time to listen. She is honest and goes to the enth degree to serve her patients well. She saved my life and I will be forever greatful. I have a medical background and of many MD's I have had the pleasure of working with, Dr. Yella stands above the rest. I have encouraged friends and family to see her and they have been more than pleased.

September 6th, 2012
A medical professional recommended a few doctors for me to consider in my search for a new PCP, and suggested I make a wish list to help me make the best choice for my needs. It looked something like this: My new PCP would (1)Be very competent in his/her diagnostic skills for patient's particular healthcare needs. (2) Schedule sufficient time for sessions to answer questions and inform/educate patient where needed. (3) Take the time to review current lab results and make adjustments to prescriptions if advisable. (4) Make an effort to build a relationship with patient that fosters confidence and trust, thereby allowing for the most comprehensive exchange of information relevant to patient's condition(s). In every category above, Dr. Malathi Yella demonstrates these qualities. She is, in my opinion of almost 5 years to date, a sincere professional of the highest caliber. I am so lucky to have Dr. Yella as my PCP. it seems as though she welcomes the patient as an associate in the proactive process toward setting and achieving optimal good heath goals.

January 20th, 2012
Excellent Physician and Excellent Care
Dr. Yella takes time with patients and listens to symptoms carefully and thoughtfully, making accurate assessments and diagnoses. I feel understood and that she has genuine care and concern for my health.

October 19th, 2011
She is really the best in the Berkshires
I switched to her about 6 years ago and that was the best decision ever. She spends time with you, will call and follow up with if needed...even on the weekends or her days off. She called me once while getting ready to leave for her vacation so I knew my test results before she went. She is so caring. I love her and would recommend her to ANYONE!

January 27th, 2011
Well Worth the Wait
You know you've selected the right physician when the waiting room is filled with the other BMC employees. I work in Healthcare and have been a patient of Dr. Yella's for nearly 9 years. Dr. Yella is professional, intelligent (keeping current with the newest advances in medicine) and compassionate. I confidently recommend her to my friends, family and fellow healthcare workers. Along with my recommendation, I share the story of how I went to visit her a few years ago and even though I was perfectly healthy I didn't seem "happy" and a few weeks later the phone rang after dinner and it was Dr. Yella just calling to see how I was doing, since she was concerned. (That's above and beyond). It is true you may wait a little while beyond your scheduled appointment time but the trade off and personal attention she gives every one of her patients is well worth it.

January 6th, 2011
My comments
Dr. Yella is, in my mind...one of Berkshire County's finest Doctor. More doctors should be like her. She is kind, considerate and caring. She diagnosed my diabetes in the early stages and gave me such care that I was able to control it with little medication and diet!

December 8th, 2010
Excellent Physician, Excellent Care!
I have been under Dr.Yella's care now for about 4 years. I have such respect and admiration for Dr.Yella, that I have also referred my parents, husband, sister, friend, grandmother and brother. Her bedside manner, her 'thorough' workup, and follow through, is nothing less than exemplary. She is an excellent doctor and I will keep referring pts to her as I know they will be in wonderful hands. Bottom line..she cares about each and every patient as she would her own family.