Malcolm Ecker Is this you?

Have you seen Malcolm Ecker?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

January 27th, 2014

What a Doctor should not be!

CHOP's front desk accidently scheduled us with Dr. Ecker for a follow-up appointment that was supposed to be with another doctor. As we waited in the room, he approached in the hall and spoke with a nurse outside the open office door: "Why am I seeing this patient? Probably a mom that just goes from doctor to doctor until she hears what she wants to hear." He then walked in. I corrected him, saying that his office had made a mistake. He then proceeded to tell me that my one-year old daughter "has CP and that I should just accept that she would never walk." Keep in mind that he hadn't actually even examined her yet. Fast forward six years to today: my daughter plays basketball, climbs at the rock gym, plays soccer, etc. I would never use this term loosely, but Dr Ecker is the closest Dr. I have come to calling a "quack". Glad we didn't listen to a word he said. Anytime my daughter tries something new, my husband and I joke that "oh, Dr. Ecker said she would never do that!" and chuckle to ourselves.

March 23rd, 2017