Dr. Meir Spinner Is this you?

4 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

Showing 4 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 24th, 2013

dont waste your time or money

From the beginning, I thought Dr Spinner did not have a very caring attitude, He would sit there, shrug his shoulders, and stammer his thoughts about what I said. Not very proactive in terms of coming up with a treatment plan. He then pushed me to see him weekly for "therapy". So he can shrug his shoulders some more and make a few more bucks. This is the type of guy you only want to see once a month for meds, max. Weekly visits would be a waste of money. Unfortunately money is all he seems to care about. The other day I was notified by my pharmacy that my prescription needs a prior authorization from Dr Spinner. Dr Spinner then went out of his way to call me and tell me that in order for him to call my insurance company to give the authorization, I would need to first book an appointment to see him and only during that time would he make the phone call. His reasoning "I'm a very busy person. I cannot be bothered with issues like this which take some time". A "very caring doctor" indeed? Never in my life have I been charged for a doctor to make a phone call on my behalf. From my experience, the phone call is several minutes long, max. Telling a patient that he will get his meds only if he pays for an extra session so the doctor could make a phone call, is ridiculous. I should mention that on several occasions, Dr Spinner had suddenly cancelled or moved my appointments with as little as one hour notice. He would then not follow up to reschedule with me. Needless to say, I am off to find a new doctor, and quickly,

October 2nd, 2015