Dr. Malik Ahmed MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Saint Louis, MO

3.6

May 24th, 2016
Malik Ahmed
Dr.Ahmed's office has double booked me 2 times and forced me to reschedule. They have also called me 30 min prior to an appointment to cancel. Not only that, but Dr.Ahmed refuses to see me unless EXACTLY 3 months apart because he doesn't work 2 days of the week nor weekends or breaks because he has 2 young children who need his time. Therefore, students coming home from college are unable to see him in a timely manner. Ahmed did not look at my chart prior to the appointment, asked me to call back in a week to remind him to do so. During the appointment he does not give me direct eye contact and unfortunately keeps asking me to try a sleeping medication which I have numerous times declined. I do not feel comfortable or stable enough to be taking a sleeping medication and he has a hard time understanding why I will not get that script filled. I am very unhappy with my experiences with his office as well as him. I pay a good amount of money towards this office and deserve more assistance and respect than I am given. Very disappointed. And the worst part is that even after all the rescheduling etc, he still forgot to write my prescription for my antidepressant which I am out of and he is aware of. Extremely unprofessional.

October 13th, 2015
The Best
Dr. Ahmed genuinely cares about his patients. He is the best!

April 6th, 2014
Listens and knows his medications for difficult to treat illnesses
He was fabulous in the hospital and I had many difficult reactions to medications and he found an obscure older med that now treats my condition in a wonderful manner. His knowledge is immense. He listened very carefully to my symptoms and believed what I was telling him to be true. I say if he runs late in the office, make your appointment 50mins before you need it to be. He is worth every long wait; bring a book.

September 3rd, 2013
DECLINE IN ABILITY TO PERFORM HIS SPECIALTY!! POOR ATTITUDE TOWARD A PATIENT!!!
He didn't like when i mentioned that he didn't like when I was late, so I always made it a point to be on time. He was 50 minutes late and left me with only 10 minutes until I had another appointment. I told him in a calm manner. He said I could get another Doctor. When I asked why, he said he didn't have to tell me. I said I would mention that to a Psychologist he recommended. Then he said he would come up with names. HE NEVER HAS!! HE SAID I COULD FIND A DOCTOR WHO IS ON TIME. HE WAS VERY INDIGNANT. I asked if he could move his computer so we could have eye contact and he said NO. All he did was write me a prescription.

July 10th, 2013
After having been his patient for 10 years he was RUDE and terrible to me!!
He schedules your appointment, meanwhile scheduling more than one person at the same time. Often he runs behind ten to twenty minutes and I wait. This time I politely asked him why he gets mad if I am ever late (which happens 1 in 12 times, if that much), but when I mentioned he was 50 minutes late and that I had another appointment, he became belligerent to me. He told me to find another doctor. I asked why. He said he didn't have to answer me nor give me a reason. When I brought up another Physician's name (Psychologist) who he had recommended to me and told him I would talk with that doctor, he changed his tune and said he would come up with other Doctor's names who would run on time to make me happy. I guess he was intimidated by my comment. I have yet to receive any names from him!! I believe now that he is practicing in the United States he has become greedy and indignant! I wouldn't recommend that anyone see him!!!!!!~

April 25th, 2013
Ahmed, MD
First off I have been to numerous psychologists, Dr. Ahmed is the Best Psychologist out there. He listens, and genuinely cares about issues and or concerns you have. I would highly recommend him as your doctor. Also his staff is awesome! Both him and his staff are very personable which is hard to find in the medical industry.