Chop shop show details Chop shop
Mar 22nd, 2016

I was referred to dr Malik for a possible hernia. staff is very friendly by the way. while I was in the room I could hear him rush from room to room. telling patients cough, cough, yep you got hernia lets schedule you for surgery. when it came time for me he was very rushed and said same thing. I never had this before and no surgery before so I had questions and it seemed to throw him out of groove. he did spend a few minutes with me but I got the impression that this was a chop shop where "everyone" has a hernia and needs surgery so he can rake in the thousands upon thousands of dollars. I am getting a 2nd opinion. I just didn't feel like my best interests was at stake. He could be very good, I don't know but the rush, rush feeling and lets get you into surgery didn't set well with me as I am not even sure if I have a hernia or not. my primary doctor said he wasn't sure either. but based upon the rushed experience and his rush for surgery I am getting a 2nd opinion. you don't have to wait long for your appointment I might say as he rushes through everyone so fast. So that is about only positive if you don't like waiting. but when it comes to surgery I don't mind the wait to make sure surgery is necessary.

Mar 13th, 2016

I needed a hernia repair. I was seen the same day as the referral from my primary care doctor. Surgery was scheduled for two weeks later. I was well prepared for what to expect. There was only minor pain that was easily managed with Advil. No need to use the opiate drugs. The incisions were the least painful part and very small. This is the only surgery I have ever had.

Sep 25th, 2011

Dr. McKany was fast in person and my healing time was very slow!! If this is what you want from your Gen. Surgeon than I recommend Dr. McKany. Overall, Dr. McKany seemed rushed and not real empathetic. I did not feel that the level of care was very thorough.

Solved Years of Missed Diagnosis show details Solved Years of Missed Diagnosis
Nov 12th, 2010

For 25 years I had problems where I would get flu like symptons and get to the point when I vomited bile. I sought treatment at hospitals in Florida, Ohio, Hawaii, Michigan, and Illinois. I had gone to St. Joe's on a few occassions and was always sent home. In January, 2008 when I was in emergency at St. Joe's Dr. McKany happened to be the surgeon that reiewed my case and immediate rushed me into surgery. Since then I am like a new person and owe it all to Dr. McKany he's the man!