Emergency Physician

924 Westwood Blvd
Ste 300
Westwood, Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-825-2111
Locations and availability (3)

1.0

|  Incompetent  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2009

I came to the emergency room with lower back pain and was seen by a host of ER doctors including Dr. Gupta. Each time they asked why I was there and looked at my file, clueless as to any prior assessment. I had to give a urine sample. It was left sitting so long (2 hours) that it was not longer good so I had to give another sample. Tests came back that I had a kidney infection. They gave me antibiotics and nothing for pain, which is why I came in in the first place. I was in excruciating pain, which is obvious if I was willing to sit in the ER 6 hours waiting to be seen. The first side effect of the antibiotic I was given was nausea. They sent me home in pain with an antibiotic. No surprise I was back several hours later in horrible pain that was even worse and vomiting. I finally was seen by one doctor who wasn't completely incompetent. Upon leaving, I asked billing if I needed to pay a second time. The billing person said absolutely not - I was there twice in one day for the exact same thing. Six months later what do I receive? Two doctor bills and two hospital bills. I'm am still being harassed by UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Physicians to pay two doctor bills and two hospital bills for their massive incompetance. UCLA Physicians - I paid one doctor. They told me the competent doctor withdrew his claim after my complaint about what happened and now a year and a half later, they're trying to bill me again. Paying twice for substandard care is beyond unacceptable.