Pediatrician

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
 |  VERY SAD EXCUSE FOR A DOCTOR  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

My kids have been patients of Dr. Uma for the last 3 years, I am very sad to say that she is just a money minded doctor, has no concern whatsoever for the patient. Fraud in billing, insurance mix-ups, charges co-pay when not supposed to, never availalae whan needed, will not prescribe medicine until you come in, even though its routine medicine for the last 12 years, charges $5 for every piece of paper.... these are just a few of the things. But to make it worse is if you point out her mistakes she is very rude, uncourteous and agressive.

|  horrible  |  show details
by Stephanie on Jun 18th, 2013

My son is now one... he has had rsv multiple ear infections , bronchitis n has had to b hospitalized when he was two months old.... NONE of these diagnosis's are from the doctor.

|  Fraudulent  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

Very rude doctor and very rude staff. Charges co-pay for well visit and then submits to insurance for sick visit and well visit. Totally unethical. Insurance Fraud. Call the billing office too - nobody ever answers. Hmmmm.

|  Money Minded and Poor Billing  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

Insurance fraud being carried out thro an outsourced billing company. Beware. Watch your benefits and read the policies.

|  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

money minded.... 4rm 1st day u will get her fee list...

|  Do not recommend  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

Dr. Uma's office has turned into a night mare. Rude staff calling all the decision making. Not sure if the Dr. is even aware. Recommended shots/vaccines when not necessary and figuring out it was not necessary when we went in for the shots.Office staff is extremely rude. There are a lot of cumbersome office polices that are sited by the the staff even for the simplest things. Would not recommend Dr. Umas office to any one.

|  Excellent pediatrician  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2010

Dr. Uma has been our pediatrician for both of our kids for 15 years. Eldest is now 20 and still the doctor treats her (may be until 21). When the eldest ran into a serious health issue in her college town hospital, she took personal interest many times and advised us how to get best medical care even though she was not treating her for that incident. After-hour calls will be promptly returned. Two years ago, I rememember her billing agency trying to collect some dues which were not really due. But, that agency was a local one; fortunately, we dont hear from them any more. No billing issues recently (may be because we have a good big company insurance). Charges $5 for every health form though! Surely, we will recommend Dr. Uma.

|  Worst pediatrician and staff in Maryland  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

You could not make a worse choice for your children than to choose Dr. Umamaheswaran. She made wrong diagnosis, recommended unnecessary tests, and did not give appointments when needed. He office staff, right from the receptionist at the front desk are rude and it is symptomatic of how the doctors office is managed. Finally the billing was wrong and it took me months to sort out the issues with her outsourced, India billing center!! I will never take my children back to her and would not recommend you to take your child there, while there are so many other good pediatricians around here.

|  show details
Feb 3rd, 2010

Dr. Uma has been my children's pediatrician for the past 15 years. She is very professional and caring and her staff is very friendly. She is a great doctor. I have been very happy with her since day one.

|  Caring mom  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2009

She has been taking care of my kids for the past 16 yrs. We followed her during her move.My kids love going to her office.

|  Excellent Care  |  show details
by Mrs. B on Jul 2nd, 2009

DR.Uma and her staff were excellent and they treated me and my children with great care.I would recommend her to anybody.