Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Thank you Dr. Bakhos show details Thank you Dr. Bakhos
Apr 13th, 2015

Dr. Bakhos saved my father's life. What else can I say? May every doctor achieve the level of professionalism and knowledge that Dr. Bakhos has. He is an amazing doctor.

a surgical patient show details a surgical patient
by Rick B on Mar 3rd, 2015

outstanding surgeon and caring person... World class experience and credentials

patient show details patient
by Youash Tamrazi on Jun 10th, 2014

The best surgeon.

by Mike on Sep 11th, 2013

After carefully reviewing all of my options, I'm glad I selected Dr. Bakhos and Loyola.

Thank you to you and the team for your expertise and excellent care! show details Thank you to you and the team for your expertise and excellent care!
by Rose Ullberg on Apr 25th, 2013

There are not enough stars for this doctor! Amazing in his bed side manner, knowledge and skill, this surgeon cannot be revered enough by patients, family, colleagues and students. In Jan 2012 he replaced my 19 year old daughter's aortic valve. Within 3 days she was walking down the hallway to hug him! After one year of thriving, now 21 (birthday in April, I had the privilege of hugging him myself!! He worked closely on my mother's cardiac condition and we cannot thank him, Dr. Leya and the team enough for their constant care and consideration in this case. Dr. Bakhos will always be in our hearts The Loyola Cardiac teams and Dr. Bakhos are the very best!!!

by AK on Apr 8th, 2013

I had aortic and mitral valves replaced in 2010. Dr. Bakhos was recommended to me by my cardiologist. I am so glad he was my surgeon. He has the best bedside manners, he's professional, kind and wonderful. I would highly recommend him.

great experience show details great experience
by Gretchen Johnson on Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. Bakhos provided excellent care to my husband who has Marfan's syndrome. My husband had a complicated aortic dissection which was successfully repaired by Dr. Bakhos in 2006. My husband has been doing very well since.

We were thankful/impressed show details We were thankful/impressed
Sep 23rd, 2010

Dr. Bakhos led us step by step through our mom's open heart surgery. He instilled confidence in us that he would do the best he could during the surgery, and he and his team of doctors/nurse practitioners/nurses did an excellent job and she came through the surgery very well and the days in the hospital also. The teaching and prep for going home was thorough, and you really felt they cared about you as a person. We thank God for leading us to Dr. Bakhos and the team at Loyola that works along with him

Best in the World show details Best in the World
by Very happy patient on Sep 14th, 2010

I had an aortic valve replaced and could have gone anywhere. After my research and meetings, Dr. Bakhos was the pick. He is talented, very fast (i.e., less time on bypass machine) and though busy, caring and a remarkable person and doctor.

outstanding surgeon and doctor show details outstanding surgeon and doctor
Feb 8th, 2010

March 2009 underwent a mitral valve repair at age 50. Dr. Bakhos gave good explanation of the problem, the solution and inspired confidence. My cardiologists told me, you want to go to the guy with the numbers, and Dr. Bakhos does over 500 heart operations a year, and over 300 of those are valve operations. He is known among docs as the guy who can fix the valves other people say can't be fixed. Very humble and down to earth guy. The nurses at the hospital told me he is very approachable (you want a doctor that the nurses aren't afraid to call) and when he walks through the hospital, it's like the Pharoah is there- he is that well respected. Very kind, polite, patient. Couldn't have found a better man for the job.