Dr. Mamdouh Bakhos Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mamdouh Bakhos?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

January 16th, 2017

He performed open heart surgery on me several years ago on a Monday evening including a bypass and aortic valve. I Went home friday morning and all I want to day is Thank You to a very very good surgeon and staff.

June 3rd, 2016

I had my surgery I month ago, he is an amazing Doctor and I feel really good, Thank you Dr. Bathos.

February 8th, 2016

lifesaver

This review is overdue at least a year. After 2 surgeons told us there was no hope for family member due to bad heart and diabetes. Dr. Bakhos was sent to us and told my family He would perform the surgery the others said couldn't be done. 2 years later my brother is thriving and doing great. We know he's an amazing surgeon firsthand but his humility is what i admire almost as much as his talent.

August 27th, 2015

do not recommend

I had my bypass done at Loyola as emergency as I came with heart attack to Loyola ER. I saw first cardiology doctor and then was referred to Dr. Bakhos, His intern saw me first and then Dr. Bakhos showed up. He was in rush with other business and did not tell me about complications of surgery. I had my surgery next day and it did not go well. I spent a long time in ICU and suffer complications. And all through the time I was in the hospital I saw Dr. Bakhos few times only . I have am impression that he cares about billing for surgery not care for me, his patient. Luckily, it was wonderful nurses in ICU, ICU doctors who really cared. I am doing well, but when comes to surgeons, I would recommend someone else.

April 13th, 2015

Thank you Dr. Bakhos

Dr. Bakhos saved my father's life. What else can I say? May every doctor achieve the level of professionalism and knowledge that Dr. Bakhos has. He is an amazing doctor.

March 4th, 2015

a surgical patient

outstanding surgeon and caring person... World class experience and credentials

June 11th, 2014

patient

The best surgeon.

September 12th, 2013

After carefully reviewing all of my options, I'm glad I selected Dr. Bakhos and Loyola.

April 25th, 2013

Thank you to you and the team for your expertise and excellent care!

There are not enough stars for this doctor! Amazing in his bed side manner, knowledge and skill, this surgeon cannot be revered enough by patients, family, colleagues and students. In Jan 2012 he replaced my 19 year old daughter's aortic valve. Within 3 days she was walking down the hallway to hug him! After one year of thriving, now 21 (birthday in April, I had the privilege of hugging him myself!! He worked closely on my mother's cardiac condition and we cannot thank him, Dr. Leya and the team enough for their constant care and consideration in this case. Dr. Bakhos will always be in our hearts The Loyola Cardiac teams and Dr. Bakhos are the very best!!!

April 8th, 2013

I had aortic and mitral valves replaced in 2010. Dr. Bakhos was recommended to me by my cardiologist. I am so glad he was my surgeon. He has the best bedside manners, he's professional, kind and wonderful. I would highly recommend him.

December 9th, 2010

great experience

Dr. Bakhos provided excellent care to my husband who has Marfan's syndrome. My husband had a complicated aortic dissection which was successfully repaired by Dr. Bakhos in 2006. My husband has been doing very well since.

September 24th, 2010

We were thankful/impressed

Dr. Bakhos led us step by step through our mom's open heart surgery. He instilled confidence in us that he would do the best he could during the surgery, and he and his team of doctors/nurse practitioners/nurses did an excellent job and she came through the surgery very well and the days in the hospital also. The teaching and prep for going home was thorough, and you really felt they cared about you as a person. We thank God for leading us to Dr. Bakhos and the team at Loyola that works along with him