Feb 22nd, 2015

I came to see Dr Okor but he wasn't the one who seen me. My Dr in Gadsden Al. sent me to him because she said I needed Emergency Surgery. My MRI showed a 8x10mm abnormality compressing my spinal cord. I also have 4 other bulging disk. The Dr that I seen at the Kirkland Clinic gave me 3 things that it could possibly be but that would not do surgery on me. He said he was pretty sure it wasn't a tumor it is more than likely a large bulge or a broken disk. He showed me a very thin flow of spinal fluid going around the mass. The flow of fluid could barely be seen by me my daughter, and my son. He said the surgery would be to dangerous to do. I asked him then what I needed to do now? He said you can get a second opinion. I then asked him about lifting and he said that I could lift anything go and be healthy. ( Thanks for all the help you didn't give me.) I was on the Charity Program, and after that visit the clinic dropped me from the program. I have no income because I am unable to work due to all the pain I am in. I applied for the charity program for this reason and I haven't had any income since October 2013. Trying to get disability after working 34 years. Praying that the mass on my spine isn't a tumor and that you let me walk out of your office without helping me. (Is it because I didn't have insurance?)

ur gr8 show details ur gr8
by anjola on Sep 3rd, 2014

God blss u.....

the best back surgeon in bham alabama show details the best back surgeon in bham alabama
by robert romano on Nov 29th, 2013

Doctor okor is a good doctor he will tell you the pro's. And con's. Of back surgeryhe can't. Promise you anything except he will do his best and he is the best in bham in my opinion. Thankyou. Robert romano

by Leslie Cathey on Sep 12th, 2013

I entered UAB hospital through the emergency room, where I was admitted to the NeuroICU late that evening. Dr. Okor was introduced to me the following morning. He explained that my conditions required surgery. The procedure was a very invasive surgery. My daughter was with me while he explained the procedure. The staff informed me I was in good hands. His repoire with staff says a lot. They respect him. I was inpatient for two weeks and two surgeries. I saw him minimal once a day, but normally twice. The surgeries were successful and I call him my hero. He has great bedside manners and he is compassionate. Forever grateful.

Exceptional Dr.and person. show details Exceptional Dr.and person.
by Kathleen R. on Aug 28th, 2013

Dr. Okor has operated on me 3 times. He is straight forward in what he can and cannot do. He takes his time when I have an appointment with him and is very thorough. Paula is a gem and a wonderful nurse who works with Dr. Okor. He has called my husband after hours to answer questions that he forgot to ask at the appointment. Dr. Okor is blessed and I am so glad that he is my Dr.

Wonderful Doc! show details Wonderful Doc!
by Lori on May 5th, 2013

I have hx of lumbar surgery (X3), done yrs ago by another UAB physician, and cervical radiculopathy. I saw Dr. Okor last week and I most definitely liked him. The staff was very professional, caring and supportive; from front desk, tech's, nurse to him. He was prompt, courteous, caring, and completely knowledgeable. I was given his full attention and time, as though I were his only pt! All of my options were covered and I was very pleased. Dr. Okor is my choice from now on and I am a former UAB OR nurse.

Excellent Doctor with Excellent bedside manner show details Excellent Doctor with Excellent bedside manner
Jul 10th, 2012

We didn't know Dr. Okor before my dad's first appt. with him. From his first appt. until after his surgery, Dr. Okor has been excellent. He listened to my dad and really checked him over in a very thorough way. He made sure of his diagnosis by consulting with his radiologist on his test results before deciding if surgery would be helpful. He was extremely compassionate and kind not only to my dad, but also to my family. He never made him or us feel like he was too busy to answer any questions. He made my dad feel like he had time for him to be sure that he had covered anything at all that may be in question. Weevil highly recommend him and have been pleased 100% with him and my dad's surgery has been a great success.

WAITING TIME AT DR'S OFFICE show details WAITING TIME AT DR'S OFFICE
by STELLA HARRIS on Apr 19th, 2010

my mother was kept waiting for three hours for a follo-up visit, with cracked vertibraes in her neck, in a brace and wheel chair.