Dr. Mamerhi Okor MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Birmingham, AL

April 26th, 2017
TOP SHELF --WONDERFUL
Dr OKOR , is as good as it gets .Great bedside manner and really cares about his patient . I have been unlucky enough to need his services 2 times . Both times were perfect with perfect results . I could not be more pleased or impressed with him as a man and a doctor. No one else will ever be allowed to get inside my head . Thanks Doc.

December 21st, 2016
At the age of 33 & to be told that I would have to go underneath surgery....YES!!! I was nervous & worried😫...To only meet Dr. Okor & discussed the procedure of what was going on... he sured me that I would be just find👍 & then not to mention I had walking pneumonia when I was introduce to him, I thank God for Dr.Okor cause the shape I was in it could've been the other way...Dr.Okor may GOD bless you tremendously

November 8th, 2016
This doctor is fantastic! He has gotten me walking straight up again. I would highly,recommend him.

October 27th, 2016
Best doctor ever! Great bed side manners.. I was transported from another hospital due to complications during surgery and Dr. Okor saved me from being paralyzed... I will forever be grateful to him

July 24th, 2016
I am 45 years old and have had back pain since I was young at 17 they told me I had arthritis. Dr okor immediately knew my problem when he looked at my mri. I always said I would never have back surgery they always wanted to do it on l4 and l5 my dad and husband had had several surgeries like that and I refused. I'm very glad I did, it would of paralyzed me. Dr okor said I was born with my spine tethered and my spinal cord was split and had gotten worse over the years. I trusted him and the time he spent explaining and he did my surgery. I'm still healing but feeling better already. Thank God for him and Paula and Paula, nurse practitioner!

April 15th, 2016
Very knowledgeable and personable.

February 4th, 2016
When Dr Okor did my surgery that was my first experience at UAB. The surgery was great and all the staff associated with my care there was excellent. I could not have asked for better care.

September 3rd, 2014
ur gr8
God blss u.....

September 12th, 2013
I entered UAB hospital through the emergency room, where I was admitted to the NeuroICU late that evening. Dr. Okor was introduced to me the following morning. He explained that my conditions required surgery. The procedure was a very invasive surgery. My daughter was with me while he explained the procedure. The staff informed me I was in good hands. His repoire with staff says a lot. They respect him. I was inpatient for two weeks and two surgeries. I saw him minimal once a day, but normally twice. The surgeries were successful and I call him my hero. He has great bedside manners and he is compassionate. Forever grateful.

August 28th, 2013
Exceptional Dr.and person.
Dr. Okor has operated on me 3 times. He is straight forward in what he can and cannot do. He takes his time when I have an appointment with him and is very thorough. Paula is a gem and a wonderful nurse who works with Dr. Okor. He has called my husband after hours to answer questions that he forgot to ask at the appointment. Dr. Okor is blessed and I am so glad that he is my Dr.

May 5th, 2013
Wonderful Doc!
I have hx of lumbar surgery (X3), done yrs ago by another UAB physician, and cervical radiculopathy. I saw Dr. Okor last week and I most definitely liked him. The staff was very professional, caring and supportive; from front desk, tech's, nurse to him. He was prompt, courteous, caring, and completely knowledgeable. I was given his full attention and time, as though I were his only pt! All of my options were covered and I was very pleased. Dr. Okor is my choice from now on and I am a former UAB OR nurse.

July 10th, 2012
Excellent Doctor with Excellent bedside manner
We didn't know Dr. Okor before my dad's first appt. with him. From his first appt. until after his surgery, Dr. Okor has been excellent. He listened to my dad and really checked him over in a very thorough way. He made sure of his diagnosis by consulting with his radiologist on his test results before deciding if surgery would be helpful. He was extremely compassionate and kind not only to my dad, but also to my family. He never made him or us feel like he was too busy to answer any questions. He made my dad feel like he had time for him to be sure that he had covered anything at all that may be in question. Weevil highly recommend him and have been pleased 100% with him and my dad's surgery has been a great success.