Neurological Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
Five Points South
2000 6th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233
800-822-8816
Locations and availability (3)

|  the best back surgeon in bham alabama  |  show details
by robert romano on Nov 29th, 2013

Doctor okor is a good doctor he will tell you the pro's. And con's. Of back surgeryhe can't. Promise you anything except he will do his best and he is the best in bham in my opinion. Thankyou. Robert romano

|  show details
by Leslie Cathey on Sep 12th, 2013

I entered UAB hospital through the emergency room, where I was admitted to the NeuroICU late that evening. Dr. Okor was introduced to me the following morning. He explained that my conditions required surgery. The procedure was a very invasive surgery. My daughter was with me while he explained the procedure. The staff informed me I was in good hands. His repoire with staff says a lot. They respect him. I was inpatient for two weeks and two surgeries. I saw him minimal once a day, but normally twice. The surgeries were successful and I call him my hero. He has great bedside manners and he is compassionate. Forever grateful.

|  Exceptional Dr.and person.  |  show details
by Kathleen R. on Aug 28th, 2013

Dr. Okor has operated on me 3 times. He is straight forward in what he can and cannot do. He takes his time when I have an appointment with him and is very thorough. Paula is a gem and a wonderful nurse who works with Dr. Okor. He has called my husband after hours to answer questions that he forgot to ask at the appointment. Dr. Okor is blessed and I am so glad that he is my Dr.

|  Wonderful Doc!  |  show details
by Lori on May 5th, 2013

I have hx of lumbar surgery (X3), done yrs ago by another UAB physician, and cervical radiculopathy. I saw Dr. Okor last week and I most definitely liked him. The staff was very professional, caring and supportive; from front desk, tech's, nurse to him. He was prompt, courteous, caring, and completely knowledgeable. I was given his full attention and time, as though I were his only pt! All of my options were covered and I was very pleased. Dr. Okor is my choice from now on and I am a former UAB OR nurse.

|  Excellent Doctor with Excellent bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

We didn't know Dr. Okor before my dad's first appt. with him. From his first appt. until after his surgery, Dr. Okor has been excellent. He listened to my dad and really checked him over in a very thorough way. He made sure of his diagnosis by consulting with his radiologist on his test results before deciding if surgery would be helpful. He was extremely compassionate and kind not only to my dad, but also to my family. He never made him or us feel like he was too busy to answer any questions. He made my dad feel like he had time for him to be sure that he had covered anything at all that may be in question. Weevil highly recommend him and have been pleased 100% with him and my dad's surgery has been a great success.

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
by Patsy Vaca on Sep 14th, 2010

There is a wait to see Dr. Okor but he is worth the wait. He takes time with every parient. If you are seeing Dr. Okor you are usually in pain and facing a scary situation and you have questions. He never makes you feel rushed. When you are talking to Dr. Okor you feel as if you are the only patient he has. He explains all options and the pros and cons of every procedure. Once you are in his care you know that you have the full support of one of the best Doctors UAB has to offer.

|  WAITING TIME AT DR'S OFFICE  |  show details
by STELLA HARRIS on Apr 19th, 2010

my mother was kept waiting for three hours for a follo-up visit, with cracked vertibraes in her neck, in a brace and wheel chair.