Dermatologists, Internist, Critical Care Specialist

8401 Connecticut Ave
Ste 210
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
240-482-2555
Locations and availability (1)

|  Support Specialist  |  show details
by Ricardo Holder on Aug 3rd, 2013

I spent about five minutes with Dr. Ogholikhan for a recurring problem that I am having with in which part of the skin on my face and behind my ears become dry and flaky. It was my first visit and at the time the condition was not visible. After I described it to her, she said that it sounded like ringworm or a fungus and prescribed a cream. She said that when it became visible again to come to the office and she would have a look at it. I told her that it took three weeks for this appointment and if I made another appointment, it might not be visible when the date came around. She said that it would not be a problem and that she usually makes allowances to see people if they have a condition that flares up. The next week my wife had an appointment to see Dr. Ogholikhan to have surgery and fortunately for me, my skin condition had flared up. I decided to accompany my wife for surgery so that Dr. Ogholikhan could have a look at it. However, when I arrived, even though it would have taken only a few seconds to look at my condition in order to diagnose it, she refused to see me. The nursing assistant lied and told me that after setting my wife up for surgery, she would come back and take me to a room so that Dr. Ogholikhan could look at me but she never did. After my wife's surgery, which she said lasted about 10 minutes, she told Dr. Ogholikhan that I was outside and that the condition had flared up, The Dr, told my wife that that day was for surgery only and that I should come back in 2 weeks with her when she was to have the stitches taken out which was ridiculous since the reason that I was there in the first place was because the condition appears sporadically and that would have been the opportune time for her to look at and properly diagnose the condition. Also, let's not forget that she is the one who told me that she would have made an allowance to see me if the condition had flared up. After I got home with my wife, I called the office and left a message for her to call me but she didn't. As a new patient of hers, I was very disappointed with the way that I was treated and I believe that her age and limited years experience prevented her from recognizing that first impressions are very important when dealing with new patients. Her actions left a very sour taste in my mouth and that was my first and last visit with Dr. Ogholikhan.

May 26th, 2011

Dr. Ogholikhan or "Dr. O" is amazing and really does care about her patients. She is an excellent choice for a derm doctor.

Mar 31st, 2011

Highly intelligent, professional and yet personable, that's why I drive 40 miles to their office even after we have moved to Baltimore.

Oct 18th, 2010

This was the best experience I have had at a doctor's visit.