Dr. Manana Elia MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Lees Summit, MO

December 6th, 2015
I've been with Dr. Elia through breast cancer and then 8 years later with anal cancer. I don't think I would have survived either if not for her kind reassurance and always letting me know the truth about what was going on and what I could expect. She is a very special lady and doctor. I feel very fortunate that she came into my life!

May 27th, 2015
She is very caring and reassuring. I never doubted I was in good hands. My surgeon sent me to her because her focus is breast cancer.

March 21st, 2014
Dr. Elia is an amazing doctor, person and has true compassion for patients.
I suddenly found myself in a serious health condition caused from a reaction to an antibiotic. I was diagnosed with ITP and had virtually no blood platelets to clot blood and could have bled out or had sudden internal bleeding at any time. Dr. Elia tried various treatments but my body either didn't respond, rejected or I had a type of bad reaction to. After a few months of trying treatments it came down to possibly losing my spleen, yet she remained proactive about many possibilities and scenarios. At the same time, she understood that I had so much anxiety that Dr. Elia went back to research and tried one more thing, and that one more thing has had me in remission for 3-4 years. She made sure I knew to call her with any questions along the way, made me feel comfortable, spent time with me, made sure if she were going to be out of the office that everyone knew my case, what to do, when and where to contact her and more. She represents what all doctors should be and I wish she were my doctor for everything. Just because I was in remission didn't mean my ITP was gone and just in case anything happened, she did not want me to be without a doctor and has kept me on as a patient and sees me 1-2 times a year to make sure everything is still on track. She doesn't just care about her job, she cares about the person and their family members. She is an amazing person and doctor, and she is truly an angel. The world needs more doctors like Dr. Elia who care about the end result while caring as well for the patient personally. Her bedside manner is unbelievable and I don't think I have ever had a doctor with her work ethic, bedside manner, caring and compassion in my 50 years.

June 3rd, 2013
She is truly an angel on earth. Best doctor I have ever experience. She is kind but extremely knowlegable. I had breast cancer and now seven years free. Thanks to Dr. Elia.

September 20th, 2010
Dr Elia is wonderful! She has a perfect "bedside manner." She takes time and explains the answers to all questions. A+!