Dr. Mandana Shafai MD Patient Reviews

August 27th, 2013
Very helpful doctors
They are using holistic medicine for a more comprehensive approach !!!

April 11th, 2012
great practitioner
great office

December 27th, 2010
Often says "I don't know" and Poor Follow-up
Dr. Shafai is great at prescribing medication, sending you for standard tests, and she is responsive when making appointments. She never seems to identify other remedies for ailments other than medication (i.e., diet, etc.).She relocated offices and with a week's advance notice for an appointment, her staff did not secure my records from storage.When something peculiar occurs her response is "I don't know" which is nice because I wouldn't want her to operate outside her knowledge base; however, she stops there. She does not refer you to another specialist or make recommendations about what you could do to solve the problem.I am a diabetic and recently travel across country. I developed a severe soar throat and pink eye. I was quite concerned about the pink eye and thus contacted her about what to do. First time I contacted her office, it was her day off. I was told to call back the following day around her lunch hour. I did. They indicated she would take lunch 30 minutes later. I called again. They said she'd call me back. She did not. I called her back. They indicated she was busy with patients and could not get to me. Hmmm... So, she is only able to deal with patients with pre-existing conditions that could impact sight (or whatever else) only if the patient was in town with an appointment.I'm changing doctors.I would not recommend Dr. Shafai because she is only interested in your showing up for the visit so she can secure her payment. She's not interested in her patients.

May 26th, 2010
She did not appear to care all that much. I could tell she'd rather be elsewhere.