A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mandes Kates:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mandes Kates is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kates
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Kates Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mandes Kates, FACS, MD, PHD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Laser Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Kates graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Kates has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Putnam Hospital Center
- Orange Regional Med. Center/Horton Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mandes R Kates FACS, MD, and PHD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mandes R. Kates practice?
- Dr. Mandes Kates has 8 office locations.
Dr. Mandes Kates practices Ophthalmology near Warwick, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Goshen, NY and Bronx, NY.
See Warwick Ophthalmologists.