Dr. Mandy Winfrey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 20th, 2015
thank you to those that gave reviews...
After reading the reviews you ladies have helped me and I will not step foot in that office nor see this female doctor..some of the reviews show how disgraceful this clinic it's nursing staff and doctors are!!!

December 5th, 2014
So Supportive!
You have to remember she is a doctor who does surgery and delivers babies!! Yes her appointments may fall behind and that is to be expected at any office. I was early along when I started bleeding and the office got me that day to check me. I did not even have my first OB appointment yet. They seen that I had a brighten ovum and I decided to go with surgery. She moved her schedule around to get me in early one morning. I was so thankful it could be done soon due to my sons birthday and holidays coming up. She showed up early for the surgery that morning and everything went great. I was so worried about it being misdiagnosed and there being a baby there and everyone made me feel at ease. At the follow up one of the first things that was said there was absolutely no fetal tissue there. Everyone from the nurses to the doctor gave me ease of mind with having a miscarriage. Leaving the situation they made me feel supported and if I need someone to talk to they would be there. We just found out we are pregnant again and I can not wait to go back!

December 13th, 2013
Mixed feelings
I have mixed feelings about Dr. Winfrey. During my pregnancy LOVED her. The staff wasn't the nicest, her nurse was rude until my last appointment, but maybe she just didn't like me. The girl at the front desk was usually nice, just depended on which girl you got that day. The sonogram tech was the nicest of all though, super thoughtful and talked about anything you were worried about. Throughout my whole pregnancy I only saw Dr. Winfrey once I hit my third trimester, otherwise I saw the NP whom of which I have never been fond of. Now after I had my daughter, I went back for my 6 weeks and scheduled to have my mirena put in. Dr. Winfrey advised me I needed to get on a diet regimine and begin to lose weight because should I get pregnant again the risk for gestational diabetes was higher (I had it with my daughter) as well as the risk for developing type 2 diabetes. She also told me my being overweight probably had something to do with almost miscarring early on, so I took her advice and Since sept, I've lost 30 lbs. When I went to have the mirena inserted, I saw Dr. Winfrey the five minutes it took to do the procedure, all she said was "when you start your period wait to see how heavy it will be to use a tampon, usually its a light period and tampons will make you dry." and then she walked out....Here's where it gets irritating. I missed my follow up appointment for my mirena. My apartment burned down the week before the appointment and in all honesty, I forgot I even had one. I recieved a letter in the mail last week saying the entire practice has chosen to drop me as a patient due to non compliance. When I called the administrator she told me Dr. Winfrey put in her notes that I had not complied with her recommendations and she could no longer care for me if I would not care for myself....How did she know I hadn't followed her recommendations if she hasn't even seen me? I explained what happened with the fire, told them I had infact lost weight and was continuing to do so and that I had an emergency I needed to be seen for, but they said there was nothing they could do and that I needed to find someone else to provide me with care. The way I see it, it's the end of the year, I've had a birth control implanted that will last five years, Dr. Winfrey's patient roster is full and since I will only be seeing her once a year for the next five years, I'm not making her any money so she dropped me. I'm highly upset. This is unprofessional in my opinion. Dr. Winfrey should have at least had the curtousy to tell me herself. I had this type of problem before when I used Dr. Horth with my son. I loved her before during and after the pregnancy, but when I became pregnant with my daughter and called to make an appointment I was informed she had moved to Africa. So overall, Dr. Winfrey is a competant dr and does seem to care about her patients when she see's them. She's not the most gentle when it comes to the exam or during labor. The clinic itself is in the money making business and is an in-and-out type of facility. If you have a problem in the middle of the night you're going to be treated rudely and like you're a complete idiot with no sense.

June 7th, 2011
Great Doctor
I went to Dr. Winfrey with my second pregnancy and I loved her my first doctor was a jerk and he didn't even deliver my daughter we ended up with her being born blue and me almost bleeding to death when he finally did the emergency c-section 22hours later. Dr. Winfrey listened to all my concerns and really cared about me and my baby she understood how rough it was on me. And unlike the first one, the c-section she did is perfectly healed and has never had a problem while my first has been 4 years ago and still pulls open at the edges and is painful. I will absolutly use her again.

July 16th, 2009
This truely is a clinic
I'm 5 months pregnant and have only see Dr. Winfrey once for 5 minutes. You get to the clinic and have to pee in a cup and hang onto it in the waiting room. Then you wait more and more until you finally see the RN instead of the doctor. Anytime I've had questions and called, they were good about calling back, but never really answered my question. I think they are trying to get as many patients in as possible in this place. I didn't feel at all like a patient, just another paying customer. I can't really rate Dr. Winfrey well since I've barely spoken to her, she seems nice, but the office sucks. Stay away!

April 24th, 2008
Great Docotr
I am very pleased with the referral I had to Dr. Winfrey. She is very thorough and cares 150% for her patients. I felt at eas and could ask her anything I wanted to! Thanks Dr. Winfrey you're the best!