A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Manickam Sankaran:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Manickam Sankaran is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Sankaran graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai.
Dr. Sankaran has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Altoona Hospital
- Altoona Regional Health System Altoona Hospital Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sankaran accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 10 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Manickam M. Sankaran practice?
Dr. Manickam Sankaran practices General Practice, Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Hematology & Oncology, and Geriatric Medicine near Altoona, PA.
See Altoona General Practitioners, Altoona Internists, Altoona Geriatric Doctors, Altoona Cardiologists, Altoona Oncologists, and Altoona Family Physicians.