Dr. Manish Gupta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Manish Gupta?

August 25th, 2017

Busy Doctor But Still Takes Time to Listen

Oncology is not a fun business and I was lucky that from the start I knew that my cancer was one I would beat and move on from to have a full life. Dr. Gupta was always helpful and caring but never let me forget that as pain the rear these things were going to be, I was one of the lucky ones. Years out of treatment, he is still my go-to on any questions I have so I know I continue to the right things. When things first started, I wasn't sure if I liked Jennifer or not. She can come off a little harsh at first. But let's face it, again, oncology is not fun and it is probably WAY too much to expect someone to get a job like hers done AND handle every word and action with the extreme sensitivity to the raw emotions of folks going through the scariness of cancer treatment. During treatment and after, I am so thankful for Jennifer. She returns your calls promptly and she finds solutions. She is always polite but it is very obvious she is busy but never too busy to take care of the important things. She has been with Dr. Gupta so long that she has even handled things that she detected as possible oversights. Don't believe some of the reviews, Jennifer will be your strongest ally. All, and I mean all, of the other folks in the office at the Texas Oncology office at the Baylor medical offices in Plano, have ALWAYS been awesome to me and to my family. If you find yourself in the scary position of needing an oncologist office, I highly recommend Dr. Gupta and his caring, attentive staff.

January 13th, 2017

Great, Caring Doctor

Doctor Gupta is a very knowledgeable medical oncologist. He stays up to date on treatments and includes the patient in the decision process. His nurse, Jennifer is very nice and responsive. She has helped arrange additional care with other providers when necessary and helped me manage the side affects of treatment. I am currently seeing him in his Plano office.

January 21st, 2013

My husband was a patient of Dr. Gupta. The whole experience at his office was beyond nightmare. His and his nurse's mistakes sent my husband back to the hospital twice before started treatments. His nurse, Jennifer, had the worse personality to be an Oncology Nurse. She managed to yell at the patient over the phone for her and her boss's mistakes. I am going to be honest here. If I have her full name, I would have reported her to the State Board of Nursing by now. Patients, please watch out for her. Needless to say, my husband is not his patient anymore. This review is to warn all patients to be more of your own advocate if you decide to get treated by him.

May 23rd, 2011

This doctor is good, but his staff are not so good. Well, some of his staff and really great and helpful, but the infusion room is the slowest process ever. You have to wait for like an hour after your appointment time before anyone even notices you!

May 12th, 2010

Would not recommend

Dr. Gupta appears to have taken on way too many patients and takes a lot of time off from work. He's a nice enough man but I would not recommend him for an oncologist. If admitted to the hospital, he will not be your dr. while in the hospital but rather have the hospital MD treat you. Coordination of care is non existent. My experience was that he was more reactive than proactive. His nurse was impossible to work with.

October 2nd, 2017