Psychiatrist

6 Dickinson Dr
Ste 107
Chadds Ford, PA 19317
610-361-9500
Locations and availability (2)

by Maureen on May 11th, 2013

I found Dr. Kamat to be a God send...very caring and willing to explain meds. Willing to answer any and all questions and concerns. I would recommend her to anyone in need. Thank you Dr. Kamat, I will always be thankful I found you. Maureen

Sep 17th, 2012

I typically do not leave reviews. This is probably my first review Ive ever written, but I am compelled to share my experience with others. Dr. Kamat is hands down the best psychiatrists I have ever seen. I would recommend her to family members, friends, co-workers and have already done so. If you are looking for help, she will be your answer. She has perfected the craft of helping others and is a true five star Doctor.

May 15th, 2012

I had a life-long profound fear of flying. Dr. Kamat was extremely influential in helping me identify the root causes stemming back to childhood and then gave me the tools to reprogram these incidents to disassociate the fear of flying. I have flown 5 times in the last 3 months and the experience was wonderful. No more white knuckles. Thank you for all you did!

Feb 29th, 2012

I have got my son back, since he has started seeing Dr. kamat.He was struggling for last few months and now he is back to himself.

Feb 24th, 2012

I don't know what I would have done had I not found Dr. Kamat. She put me on the right path for my medication and it has changed my life. She gives me all the time I need and I never feel rushed or that I'm an inconvenience to her.

|  Retired History teacher, Ridley School District  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

I arrived at Dr Kamat's office a bundle of nerves and subject to tears at a moments notice. I was horribly depressed and in great need of psychiatric help. AND, help I did get. I now see her every 2 months and she is slowly decreasing my medication. I find Dr Kamat to be an excellent Doctor and person. I thank her for her keen interest in helping me. She is an excellent psychiatrist. Find out yourself.

Jan 17th, 2012

Helps understand my condition.helped me get out of a very dark spot in life.

Sep 14th, 2011

Good doctor and very easy to talk to

Sep 7th, 2011

Good doctor,compassionate, very easy to talk to,I will highly recommend her

|  Dr. Kamat is a waste of time  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Dr. Kamat is a waste of time and money. Dr. Kamat does make numerous errors in diagnosing mental health conditions and prescribing medication. Dr. Kamat diagnoses her clients based upon any previous diagnosis that the client had. She does not make her own assessment when she completes a psychiatric evaluation. Also, an individuals mental health status does change with environment and age. Also, other doctors do make mistakes. Furthermore, Dr. Kamat does not know how to prescribe medication. Dr. Kamat took me off Klonopin twice. The first time I went off Klonopin, I became suicidal and homicidal. I went back on the Klonopin without following doctors orders. I still had a refill left on my prescription. Also, I spoke to a friend of mine/co-worker who is psychiatrist who has 35 years of experience agreed with my decision to go back on the Klonopin by getting a refill on my medication. He also agreed with my decision to not follow my doctors orders. Also, my friend told me to talk my psychiatrist about my Adderall abuse and to see if I could go on Vyvanse. I cant get high off of Vyvanse by snorting it. Dr. Kamat did prescribe me Vyvanse because I needed a long acting stimulate for ADD. The next month Dr. Kamat takes me off of Vyvanse because I was depressed due to environmental problems. My sleep has been normal. I have not been paying attention to things due to the Vyvanse being at only 40mg. This is understandable however she yanks me off of the medication. She does not slowly take me off of the medication. I have withdrawal symptoms from going off the Vyvanse so quickly. Then she changes my Celexa to Wellbutrin. The Welbutrin is good for depression but not for ADHD. Then I see Dr. Kamat during the next medcheck, I tell her that my depression is better. I ask Dr. Kamat to put me on Geodon for my hypomania. I tell Dr. Kamat that I use to abuse my Adderall. Dr. Kamat said that she will never prescribe any ADHD medication including Vyvanse to me. Dr. Kamat takes me off of Klonopin again. Dr. Kamat said she will not prescribe me anything that can be addicting. I tell her that I have never abused Klonopin. I also informed her that Vyvanse has a low potential for abuse and I cant get high off of it by snorting it. I remind Dr. Kamat that the last time I went off Klonopin I had suicidal and homicidal ideation. Dr. Kamat said that I am an addict. I ask Dr. Kamat if she will prescribe Vistaril for my anxiety since it is non addicting. When Dr. Kamat was away at India, I had severe panic attacks while going off Klonopin. I call Exton Behavioral Health and another psychiatrist prescribes my Klonopin until she gets back. I am going to see someone else. I am a mental health professional and I would not recommend her.