inactive

Manjari G Malkani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

June 28th, 2016
Switching doctors
Dr Malkani has no patient care or bedside manner whatsoever. Accusatory, unprofessional, does not take time to get to know patient history. Acts arrogant. Diagnosed me with Sjogren's & handed me a brochure at last appointment. No explanation. New tests done showed no Sjogren's. No explanation from her. Other tests weren't back. She said one marker of vasculitis, but didn't explain. Didn't conduct physical exam at any of my appointments. Doesn't listen to what 4 other doctors called vasculitis & repeatedly called it a rash without looking at files or examining me. Basically accused me of lying when I told her no dermatologist contacted me. Went back & forth, she pulled up her screen, asked if it was my number, and said again they left a message! She said I needed a biopsy - told her I went to urgent care last Friday & that doctor said nothing to biopsy. She was argumentative whole appointment today. I had my toddler who was a bit fussy - maybe she just doesn't like kids? She glared at me when he stood behind table! When he fussed, she snapped "is he ok"? We had been back there for 25 minutes before she came in. Of course a toddler would be fussy at nap time. She said she wanted to see me again in 6 weeks - no reason why. By the way, I was scheduled for the 29th but had to reschedule to today to fit her vacation schedule! At the end, she goes to me "I'll let you take care of him" & she walked out of the room. I spoke to clinic and they will thankfully switch me to a doctor who actually cares about their patients & profession.

May 26th, 2016
I would steer as far away from this doctor as possible. While she is polite and seems to care about your condition, it is not genuine. All she has on her mind is dollar signs. She orders tests that she knows insurance won't cover and sticks you with the bill. I had routine blood testing done and she added on genetic testing, unbeknownst to me, on to the order. Now I owe $900 for the genetic testing that was not covered. Appeals stick by the dr. KEEP LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT DR!

July 10th, 2012
A great Doctor.
I'm sad to see Dr. Malkani leave the Medical Specialists practice in NW Indiana. She has been my doctor since being diagnosed with Vasculatis in 2009. I'm now in remission and give all the credit to to Dr. Malkani.

May 7th, 2010
dr malkani
she is a nice dr...somewhat arrogant...does not treat pain which i think is rediculous..i had a complaint which she just blew off..i switched to another physician on the north side.thank you

December 28th, 2009
very nice caring physician
i liked her right off the bat.spent time with me.very thorough...i trust her and thats inportant