Overall Review

October 1st, 2016
The worst OB ever
Dr. Disarm treats her on-call patients awful. I am currently 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing cramping in my abdominal with light spotting. I called the on-call Doctor of Contemporary OBGYN to ensure everything is okay because I had a miscarriage at 5 months in 2015. Dr. Risarm was the on-call Doctor for them and she was so rude to me and my husband during the call. She did not address our concerns. She yelled during the entire call. I could not express myself clearly during the call because she wouldn't let me speak and to top it off when I was trying to tell her about my previous miscarriage she shouted "Go to the emergency room because I don't have time for this". After Dr. Risarm shouted the above statement she hung up the phone on us. My husband and I were in shock thus our reason for writing this review and filing a complaint. I don't understand why a person would become an OB if they don't care for babies and women. We are so disappointed in Dr. Risarm.

August 11th, 2016
Excellent Doctor
Dr Risam has been my doctor for over 21 years and delivered both my children. She is very knowledgeable and professional. Having two difficult pregnancies, she was extremely attentive and thorough in my care. She will fit patients in for emergencies without hesitation so sometimes there is an extended wait in the waiting room. I understand though because I have been seen last minute and greatly appreciate that she cares for everyone and not just "keeping her schedule flowing". I have never felt rushed when I see her and she answers all my questions. Even though I moved out of the county 16 years ago, I still travel to keep her as my doctor.

August 5th, 2016
Not the same office
I went to Dr Risam for over 20 yrs and was very comfortable with her- she was and is knowledgeable, professional, and caring. However, over the years, the quality of the office has gone down considerably. They are unprofessional and abrupt with patients. At one of my last visits, after waiting for about 30", I asked if the wait would be much longer as I had another appointment afterward. The receptionist helpfully pointed out that I arrived 15" past my scheduled time. I explained to her that I quit trying to arrive on time as I would typically wait 45". Her response: "Oh? That's surprising!" (Really? At that point it was already 30"past my appointment time, and I was still waiting.) During that same visit, I heard the receptionist call another patient on the phone and tell her that that she had missed her appointment and that she would be charged a cancellation fee. Up to that point, the rude staff and long waits had been tolerable when balanced with my opinion of Dr Risam as a doctor. Unfortunately, she seems to value her own time more than her patients' time. I have also heard that the employees are not well payed in comparison with other similar offices. That would explain caliber of the staff. Even so, I was sad to change doctors after all those years. Dr. Risam is a great doctor. Too bad her office is run so poorly.

June 4th, 2015
Buyer Beware
Dr. Risam delivered my first child who is now 20 years old. I was 19 years old when I had my daughter and Dr. Risam was very kind, gentle, caring and knowledgeable. It was because of her I didn't have another child until I was older, had a career and some schooling under my belt. She said, " no more babies until you finish school" and that's what I did and then some. Dr. Risam also delivered my cousin and was my grandmother 's GYN and she also saw Mr. Risam for her internal medicine needs, so the entire staff knew my family! Some years later I moved away and had my son while I was living in GA, I moved back to MD in 2009 and became pregnant with my youngest daughter. I made my appointment with Dr. Risam and I must say I was soooooo disappointed! The staff wasn't friendly like the old staff and Dr. Risam rushed through EVERY appointment I had with her even saying at one appointment, "I gotta get out of here I have an appointment to get to". She didn't even delivery my daughter, some OB that was on staff at Holy Cross delivered her and she was just as rude as Dr. Risam( that's a whole different story). I'm not sure why I stayed with her for my entire pregnancy, I guess I just didn't feel like changing mid pregnancy. My oldest daughter went to Dr. Risam for her yearly, my daughter tried to explain to her an issue she was having and Dr. Risam ignored her and told her nothing was wrong with her. My daughter continued to have issues and scheduled another appointment with another Dr. In Dr. Risam's office. This Dr. Found the problem, took his time with my daughter and got her the medication she needed. My daughter suffered unnecessarily because Dr. Risam didn't want to take the time she should have with her. Dr. Risam has been doing this for 30 plus years and I think she needs to retire because she is not the same Dr. she was 20 years ago . None of my family members go to her or her husband (he's worse than she is) anymore because of their unsatisfactory medical treatment . I don't plan on having anymore children but if I do she will NOT be my OB/GYN!!!!!

May 6th, 2013
Didn't have problems with Dr. Risam during my appointments. She's nice and caring. The only problem I had was dealing with the staff. They were very unprofessional in dealing with the patients. They were rude, nasty and didn't know how to respond to patients respectfully. Dr. Risam should hire other staff if she wants patients to stay with her.

February 17th, 2013
Very professional and kind
I have selected Dr. Risam as my OBGYN after being to several doctors and have found her to be extremely professional, kind, and gentle. She takes the time to speak to her patients privately in her office after every clinical check up. She provides patient comfort at the physical and emotional level. She makes you feel cared for as a patient and follows up with all urgent matters. I would recommend her to anyone.

April 2nd, 2012
SP
I WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEND DR RASIM. THE OFFICE STAFF AND DR RASIM ARE SO CARING. DR RASIM HAD CALLED ME AFTERHOURS JUST TO ASK TO SEE HOW I WAS DOING AFTER MY HOSPITAL STAY...I NEVER HAD A DOCTOR DO THAT AND I WAS SURPRISED TO HEAR FROM DR RASIM. I FELT GREAT ABOUT IT.

August 15th, 2011
Wonderful Caring OB
I would recommend Dr Risam. She is determined to help her patients. I was having trouble getting PG and thanks to her knowledge and referrals I have two beautiful children and didn't have to go through a fertility clinic. She has been my doctor for 7 years now. She and her staff are excellent.

February 16th, 2011
I love Dr. Risam& her staff!!!
I would definitely recommend Dr.M Risam to any women!! I have never had a negative experience @ her office or with her in the Hospital. She has seen me through 3 pregnancies resulting in the birth of my 3 wonderful children & even through 1 miscarriage. I couldn't have asked for a better more caring DR.!! & her office staff is great too. Especially her office Manager. I love her & I am very sad that I have to go through a pregnancy without her!!

July 24th, 2009
Didn't feel that i was important
This Dr. rushes so much while with pt. I felt like she was rushing me so she can go to other patient, but she does that to all patients. I understand about getting paid per patient, but i didn't feel like i was even important for her.(going after each patient for money ONLY).Also, the office has no reminder calls make to patients as other doctor and the surprising part was they have a sign in the office talking about late fee and no show fees. For the future, i would suggest for this doctor to pay more attention to her patients that the money that comes from insurances.

December 10th, 2008
Dr. M. Risam
I felt like I was being rushed, Dr. did not seem very interested in what I was saying. They rushed me in and rushed me out. Did not fine the atmosphere to be comforting.