Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
Buyer Beware show details Buyer Beware
Jun 4th, 2015

Dr. Risam delivered my first child who is now 20 years old. I was 19 years old when I had my daughter and Dr. Risam was very kind, gentle, caring and knowledgeable. It was because of her I didn't have another child until I was older, had a career and some schooling under my belt. She said, " no more babies until you finish school" and that's what I did and then some. Dr. Risam also delivered my cousin and was my grandmother 's GYN and she also saw Mr. Risam for her internal medicine needs, so the entire staff knew my family! Some years later I moved away and had my son while I was living in GA, I moved back to MD in 2009 and became pregnant with my youngest daughter. I made my appointment with Dr. Risam and I must say I was soooooo disappointed! The staff wasn't friendly like the old staff and Dr. Risam rushed through EVERY appointment I had with her even saying at one appointment, "I gotta get out of here I have an appointment to get to". She didn't even delivery my daughter, some OB that was on staff at Holy Cross delivered her and she was just as rude as Dr. Risam( that's a whole different story). I'm not sure why I stayed with her for my entire pregnancy, I guess I just didn't feel like changing mid pregnancy. My oldest daughter went to Dr. Risam for her yearly, my daughter tried to explain to her an issue she was having and Dr. Risam ignored her and told her nothing was wrong with her. My daughter continued to have issues and scheduled another appointment with another Dr. In Dr. Risam's office. This Dr. Found the problem, took his time with my daughter and got her the medication she needed. My daughter suffered unnecessarily because Dr. Risam didn't want to take the time she should have with her. Dr. Risam has been doing this for 30 plus years and I think she needs to retire because she is not the same Dr. she was 20 years ago . None of my family members go to her or her husband (he's worse than she is) anymore because of their unsatisfactory medical treatment . I don't plan on having anymore children but if I do she will NOT be my OB/GYN!!!!!

by Anna on May 6th, 2013

Didn't have problems with Dr. Risam during my appointments. She's nice and caring. The only problem I had was dealing with the staff. They were very unprofessional in dealing with the patients. They were rude, nasty and didn't know how to respond to patients respectfully. Dr. Risam should hire other staff if she wants patients to stay with her.

Very professional and kind show details Very professional and kind
by Sirah Cheema on Feb 17th, 2013

I have selected Dr. Risam as my OBGYN after being to several doctors and have found her to be extremely professional, kind, and gentle. She takes the time to speak to her patients privately in her office after every clinical check up. She provides patient comfort at the physical and emotional level. She makes you feel cared for as a patient and follows up with all urgent matters. I would recommend her to anyone.

SP show details SP
Apr 2nd, 2012

I WOULD DEFINATLY RECOMMEND DR RASIM. THE OFFICE STAFF AND DR RASIM ARE SO CARING. DR RASIM HAD CALLED ME AFTERHOURS JUST TO ASK TO SEE HOW I WAS DOING AFTER MY HOSPITAL STAY...I NEVER HAD A DOCTOR DO THAT AND I WAS SURPRISED TO HEAR FROM DR RASIM. I FELT GREAT ABOUT IT.

Wonderful Caring OB show details Wonderful Caring OB
Aug 15th, 2011

I would recommend Dr Risam. She is determined to help her patients. I was having trouble getting PG and thanks to her knowledge and referrals I have two beautiful children and didn't have to go through a fertility clinic. She has been my doctor for 7 years now. She and her staff are excellent.

I love Dr. Risam& her staff!!! show details I love Dr. Risam& her staff!!!
Feb 16th, 2011

I would definitely recommend Dr.M Risam to any women!! I have never had a negative experience @ her office or with her in the Hospital. She has seen me through 3 pregnancies resulting in the birth of my 3 wonderful children & even through 1 miscarriage. I couldn't have asked for a better more caring DR.!! & her office staff is great too. Especially her office Manager. I love her & I am very sad that I have to go through a pregnancy without her!!

Didn't feel that i was important show details Didn't feel that i was important
Jul 24th, 2009

This Dr. rushes so much while with pt. I felt like she was rushing me so she can go to other patient, but she does that to all patients. I understand about getting paid per patient, but i didn't feel like i was even important for her.(going after each patient for money ONLY).Also, the office has no reminder calls make to patients as other doctor and the surprising part was they have a sign in the office talking about late fee and no show fees. For the future, i would suggest for this doctor to pay more attention to her patients that the money that comes from insurances.

Dr. M. Risam show details Dr. M. Risam
Dec 10th, 2008

I felt like I was being rushed, Dr. did not seem very interested in what I was saying. They rushed me in and rushed me out. Did not fine the atmosphere to be comforting.

May 9th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr Risam is truely God's sent, an angel that understands the need of her patients. i have been going to her since 2000 and she realy never changes. i will recomend her to all. thank God for her patience and experience in her proffession. her staffs also a

Feb 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Risam is the best. I've been going to her for many years. She is thorough and very up to date with her practice. I have recommended her many times to my friends. I've never had much of a wait in her office. Any wait, however, is worth it to see her. I

Jun 26th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Kind, patient doctor: Dr. Risam is a femal OB-GYN, I won't see a male GYN after a bad experience in the early 80's. I had to have an office procedure, and she totally respected my aniexty and patiently, and nearly painlessly got me through it. I can't rec