Dr. Manoj Singh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 5th, 2013
VERY disappointed
It took about 2 weeks to get an appointment. I was in severe pain but about 2 years earlier I had dealt with this before and was put on medication. So I decided not to go to the emergency room bc I didn't think it was life-threatening even though at times it feels like it. I originally intended to see Dr. Ghastine (who I had seen 2 years earlier and loved) but Dr Singh had an earlier appointment and I was hurting so bad I decided to get in early. I wish I would have waited for Dr Ghastine. I waited over an hour to see the Doctor. Since he was running late, I felt rushed in discussing my condition with him. He was literally sitting on the edge of the chair holding the papers inching his way up as I was trying to ask him questions and get clarification on my situation. I feel like I deserved his time and attention in helping me get some clarification on my situation. I did not get that. I felt like he didn't care at all. I told him that I couldn't afford expensive medication bc I have a high deductible plan that won't pay for medication until I meet my deductible. He says "no problem, I'll give you samples". He leaves and the nurse comes back with the samples. I was upset at that point bc I had intended to ask the Dr more questions about the medication. Is this long term? How will this interact with my current medications? Will I always need to take medicine for this condition? I asked the nurse all my questions and she was clueless. She just shrugged her shoulders! She was not helpful, not friendly and completely not compassionate! After being in nearly tears bc the pain was unbearable, I come home to research the new medication he put me on, Dexilant... it's over $160 a month and doesn't have a generic. So he didn't even listen to me when I said I need an affordable option!!!! Longer story short, I finally got an answer from him later in the week, yes, he expects this to be a long-term solution. He wants me to stay on it, if it works. I told him I can't afford to stay on this medication long term so he prescribes Protonix instead. I then continue to research my current medication, Omeprozole. Turns out the 2 (including this new one, Protonix) medications are in the same family. Even the pharmacist is completely dumbfounded why a Dr would proscribe both medications to be taken at the same time. I know this is a very long review, but I know what it's like to be in constant pain and to be searching for answers. If you are reading this you are probably at the same point as me. You want answers, you want help. I just wanted people to know, I didn't get that from Dr. Singh. He threw medication at me without discussing long-term options. He didn't show me any compassion, he didn't give me options. I personally would not recommend Dr Singh. I'm making a follow-up appointment with a new Gastro bc the medicine he prescribed is not giving me relief.

April 6th, 2012
Dr. Singh is very concerned with his patients. He knows very much about my diabetes and other problems. I couldn't ask for a more caring doctor.

December 30th, 2011
Dr. Singh
Very thorough, Offered great advice and recommendations.

December 29th, 2008
wonderful doctor, he treats my grandmother who refused for many years to see a doctor "as they are pushy and make you do what you don't want to" Doctor Singh works with you to form a plan of treatment that will work for you one you are willing to participate in while tring to keep your best interests in mind when you don't want to do something you need to. Gentle, kind, caring man. Only doctor My grandmother sees on a regular basis and she has a heart Dr. and a ect.