Dr. Manolito Fidel Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Manolito Fidel?

September 25th, 2016

Corrupt Doctor

It's a shame that this man works with Mental Health patients. Even if you enter his hospital (Delamo) voluntarily, you are almost guaranteed to be placed on hold, and hence, stay longer there. I went in for threatening somebody, but I ended up being given sedative medication which is used for people with schizophrenia. The medication made me feel horrible, and since I told them I felt worst under the medication, it was a mandatory extra 48 hour hold in order to "adjust" to the medicine. All this man wants is your money. He will give you dangerous medication you don't need, and keep you at his hospital involuntarily for longer so that he could suck more money from you. On top of all of that, the few moments where you get to see him, he doesn't even look at you in the eye, or have a natural conversation with you. All he does is ask scripted questions and write them down. I was very frustrated with him, so I asked him if he's actually gonna do his job and help me in any way, but all he said was that his job isn't to converse with me, but to prescribe me medicine. I wanted to get up and slap this pompous jerk in the face for that comment, but I'm an adult, and I was at a hospital so that was a no go. All in all, if you have a choice, DO NOT GO TO THIS JOKE OF A DOCTOR. HE IS CORRUPT, AND ALL HE WANTS IS YOUR MONEY FROM LONGER STAYS, AND UNNECESARY MEDICATION.

March 4th, 2015

Dr. Fidel is an excellent physician.

June 28th, 2014

Won't return calls

Dr. Fidel looked over my son for a few days at the hospital. He threatened to keep him involuntarily for two weeks if he did not agree to stay voluntarily for the weekend. He medicated him with powerful drugs for schizophrenia when my son was just depressed. Once my son was discharged, he had a bad reaction to the medication, and Dr. Fidel would not return my calls, nor the therapist's calls. We were told by another Dr. that the medication he prescribed was not appropriate for depression. Do not trust Dr. Fidel. I wish DelAmo hospital would hire a different dr. Who cares about people rather than money.

September 24th, 2013

Avoid at all cost

I have had some pretty bad doctors talk to me, but this man, makes them look like award winning doctors. Del amo Hospital must've been desperate for doctors when they chose Dr. Fidel. He barely talks to you. He only asks what he is required to ask. And if you say anything wrong, he will put you on a hold. I remember he was the only doctor on staff for the weekend and I walked in his office after he evaluated (I use the term evaluated very loosely) about ten kids and I saw a stack of holding papers. Fidel was putting all of them on a hold. With the exception of maybe two. He was filling out the hold papers while he was talking to me, too. He was hearing me, but definitely not listening. He would wait until I paused and just say, "mhm." He didn't make eye contact with me until I called him out about it. I asked in a very angry tone, "Why do you barely talk to anyone of your patients?" He said, "I'm a medical doctor; not a therapist. I'm supposed to give you medication; not talk to you." I had to calm myself down when he said this to me. He said he'd tell a staff member to talk to me, which he never did. Only reason he didn't put me on a hold that time was because my Mom was getting heated on phone calls with him and the hospital. One thing I can tell you from all this, is to NEVER say anything about hurting yourself or others or thoughts of it and comply with what he says, because he will put you on a hold. Believe me. It's pretty blatant that he does it so he can get tax money. He could care less if you get better. And last but not least, he tried to give me a medication that he knew I took already and that he knew made me extremely sick. My Mother had to yell at him to get him to not do it. Avoid Del amo hospital and avoid Dr. Fidel even more. If I could give him negative stars, I for sure would.

August 15th, 2012

Terrible experience. Completely useless human being. He does not care anything about the patient -- he only cares that the patient has insurance that can be billed.

July 25th, 2012

Appalling

It is a shame that a person like Manolito Fidel is given the responsibility of caring for the mental health of others. He is unprofessional, a terrible listener, inept communicator, and an outright hostile person. I was lucky enough to switch to a more qualified doctor who was able to provide the medical and mental care I needed. Worst experience I've had with a medical professional.

October 17th, 2016