inactive

Overall Review

• 23 reviews

March 1st, 2016
Difficult pregnancy, wonderful Doctor
Dr. Alvarez definitely doesn't sugar coat anything and he can come across a little harsh. That being said he is amazing. His harshness is because he wants what is best and safest for both mom and baby. I trusted him with my life and my baby's life. My pregnancy was difficult and I was on high doses of blood thinners. We both made it through the c-section fine and are wonderful.

February 24th, 2016
Miracle Doctor
Dr. Manny Alvarez is my miracle Doctor! About 3 years ago my husband and I lost our baby at 35 weeks pregnant to a placental abruption. A year later we had another miscarriage at 6 weeks. My heart couldn't take much more so I left NYC and began my search for a new Doctor & found my miracle team at Hackensack Hospital. Before I met Dr. Manny Alvarez I thought having a child just wasn't in the cards for me. After my 1st consult with him I knew he had the expertise and knowledge that we needed. He took the time to learn about my past losses and to advise exactly what I needed to have a healthy pregnancy with a happy ending. He & his team monitored me vey closely and provided me with the comfort and confidence I needed at every visit. He made our dreams come true when he delivered our beautiful happy and healthy baby girl last month. I highly recommend Dr. Manny Alvarez and have the highest respect and regard for him and his staff!

February 1st, 2016
My daughter is my greatest gift and it is because of Dr Manny Alvarez that our life is complete .. Best high risk ob in NJ, NY

December 21st, 2015
Happy Delivery
I am home from having my baby, thanks to Dr. Alvarez and his wonderful staff. Dr. Manny is a caring but strict OB, he sometimes comes across as a bit crass but that's because he cares about you and your final outcome. He sings while delivering your baby, which made me relax. My husband and I love the man, you can't find a bigger heart.

December 11th, 2015
The best of the best!!
Looking for a perinatologist was quite a task, most are consultants and no one wants to deliver your baby or they don't take my insurance. Dr. Manny was my savior! I have a beautiful baby boy thanks to his tender loving care.

March 29th, 2015
Dr Manny & staff.
I had my daughter 2 months ago, and it was the most amazing experience, my pregnancy Imean, every time I walked into the office I was so hopeful, and evert single time I left so happy. I guess I was lucky since I am 42, but more than anything I was lucky I was under his care, for every single visit he said and did just what I needed, and also anticipated every single thing that could happen. The day of my delivery I was so comfortable because I knew he was there, he was the first one to hold my baby, he was also the obsetrician of my best friend who had 2 daughters, I remember going to a visit with her and thinking to myself " if I ever have a baby I want him as my doctor" and I've got him, I want to thank him for making my journey so easy, and I know my husband shares with me every single word I am saying. The staff at the front desk, all the girls a re so amazing. Magda & Monique, not only they are gorgeous women, but also they are caring, and like him the best at what they do. I would go to him every single time, and I recommend him to every pregnant women today & always. Thank you.

March 9th, 2015
Patient
Dr. Banzon is one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. He always took the time to thoroughly answer my questions. There was no doubt that I was in the most capable hands, he is really a compassionate doctor. Many times he called me home to inform me about any changes in my health condition.

February 20th, 2015
Best obstetrician all of new jersey and perhaps New York City. He is perinatologist and Obgyn.. Great/experienced doctor who can handle any compex high risk pregnancy, he has an amazing experienced staff with real nurses and a nurse practicioner- his ultrasound techs have decades of experience in high risk pregnancy. when I was in his waiting room I met a woman who had names her prior child after one of the ultrasound tech as his office, b/c she was so grateful to them for her successful outcome. i was advanced age, gesatational diabetes, high blood pressure, very busy executive and had a healthy beautiful baby in my early 40's and I was not on any meds.. I thank & credit Dr. Alvarez and is office for my healthy baby., Dr. Alavrez was on top of me- watched me /checked me for everything , he has by far the best professional doctor office I have ever been to. Every doctor should take a lesson from Dr. Alvarez in how to treat and care for his patients and how to run a true great doctor office.. He is best of the best. cant say enough..

February 16th, 2015
Promises Kept
Dr. Manny is one of the most caring doctors I've ever had. His bedside manner is average, but you know he cares about you. After two miscarriages I was confused and didn't know why this was happening to me. He made me promise to follow all his instructions and reassured me that if I did, I would have a happy and healthy baby. HIs staff was wonderful and knowledgeable. Well, I kept my promise and he kept his. I have a happy and bouncy baby boy!

February 2nd, 2015
Excellent doctor
Dr. Manny is clinically the best. Don't get misled/ upset by his mannerisms- he's very straight-forward, to the point & dry, but he makes excellent clinical decisions. He (&Dr. Bozdegan) did my C-sec, and I healed amazingly well. At HUMC, he has amazing influence and authority. For a high-risk pregnancy, Dr. Manny is your Doc!

December 2nd, 2014
Good, Caring Doctor
It was my first time being pregnant and I had a lot of compilations. Fortunately, I had Dr. Alvarez as my Ob because he took such great care of me. I have several medical conditions that exhaust me and Dr. Alvarez made me and my husband feel very comfortable. My husband and my mother and I are very happy with his care. I certainly felt like I was his only patient although his office is always full. I had complications during birth and he saved my daughter's life. We appreciate his great work and hospitality. Thank you Dr. Alvarez

October 28th, 2014
I Waited Long Enough
: I am leaving my comments to hopefully help some of the women who have had difficulty in getting pregnant. Dr. Alvarez has been a godsend to my husband and me. We’ve been married for 6 years and at year 2 we started trying to have a baby; I had miscarried twice then lost my nerve altogether and started doing some research by way of which I found Dr. Alvarez. He consulted with my husband and me; the consultation was quite extensive and he asked all sorts of questions about everything from my past medical history, to my diet, exercise habits, what I do for fun, etc. He ran some bloodwork and told me that someone would contact me with results. PS to make a long story short, Dr. Alvarez found me viable for a pregnancy and reassured me that if I follow his instructions, I would be pregnant before year’s end; I am expecting my first child in May 2015. Just when I thought I was a cooked goose, Dr. Alvarez found my golden egg – thank you Dr. Manny!