Obstetrician & Gynecologist
2801 SE 1st Ave
Ste 101
Ocala, FL 34471
352-690-6300
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  EVERYTHING was great!  |  show details
by Kelly Hoggle on May 3rd, 2013

I had a wonderful experience from the time I made my appt. til I followed up with medical records a few weeks later. Office staff is so friendly and went above and beyond to help me verify different things with my insurance. Dr. Delcharco made my appt quick and painless. Gave me different options regarding my questions and concerns. I liked him alot and I was very comfortable. Getting my results and talking with a woman in medical records just a moment ago was my final step regarding my appt. She was awesome!! So friendly and accommodating laughing and generally HAPPY. Its just a pleasant experience. I never do reviews but I was not going to let this experience go unnoticed.

|  Pay for service just to have to pay again!  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2013

I used Dr. Delcharco for my first pregnancy. I met him ONE time in the entire 9 month period! His midwife took care of me mostly (Stephanie, CNM) She was GREAT. Then there are two ARNPs Donna is nice (I only met her once during my 37 week appointment) and Brittany is pretty rude (I met her for my 38 week appointment. I was really happy with this office until 37 weeks when Stephanie didn;t take care of me. I didn't like the fact that one person takes care of you the ENTIRE pregnancy then at the very end they switch all around. But putting that aside... I started fighting high BP around week 34. They sent me for labs and tests every week to be sure it wasn't pre-eclampsia. I paid for my Dr upfront (meaning all of my visits we paid for by my 5th month) THey scheduled me for "follow-up" appointments to go over my lab results and I had to pay for a dr visit!! I mean what was the point in paying up front if I still have to pay them to give me lab results! This office is SOO money hungry it's not even funny. WHy couldn't they just give me my results at that weeks regular appointment? When I called to cancel my lab result appointment (I already knew the results from the nurses at the hospital) the ARNP Brittany said that I HAD to go to this appointment. I am over this office. For my next pregnancy, I will NOT use this office, and I will find a mid-wife instead.

|  Incompetent  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2013

Delcharco and the ARNP Brittany are IDIOTS. They failed to diagnose my endometriosis for 3 years and now my husband and I can't have children. The doctor botched my LEEP procedure and put me in the hospital. I've heard 2 women have died in his office from botched simple procedures. He needs to lose his license. Do not go tho this office.

|  If there is any other option  |  show details
by Lynn on Jan 18th, 2013

If you don't mind feeling like a a number in a system. Seeing a different doctor/nurse pretty much every time. If you don't mind an unfriendly staff. If you don't mind actually never meeting Delcharco himself. If you don't mind having your baby delivered by someone else. If you don't mind never being able to speak with someone on the phone. If you don't mind waiting sometimes an hour of more. If you don't mind getting random bills in the mail months after paid for procedures. THIS is the place for you!

|  Forced C-Section Scheduled before His Vacation!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

Dr. DelCharco would not let me try for a V-Vac. He scheduled my c-setion around his vacation and couldn't even do my after care because he left after surgery. Very unprofessional women who work with him. None of them support women who want to try for V-Bac. I had private insurance and while on the surgery table about to be sliced open the anesthesiologist talked down on women on medicaid. I had it with my first child and I was very offended by his comments. He said, " all medicaid patients should all have one room to birth in and have to share equipment and be given poor medical treatment because that's what they pay for, nothing." I couldn't believe what I had heard. The entire surgery room started laughing.. not funny at all.

|  impressed  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2011

I was sent to Dr. Delcharco from Dr. Lemire whom I respect greatly. I was very impressed with the concise explanation of my problem and solution. Thank you.

|  Early Cancer Detected  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

Thanks to the quality care and persistent follow up in testing of Dr. Delcharco and his staff, I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in its earliest stage (Stage 1). Since I'm in my mid-50's I often am surrounded by expecting moms and wondered if the practice really was focused on older women's care. But after my early cancer detection, I was referred to Dr. Mitchell Hoffman in Tampa who specializes in female cancers. Through Delcharco's referral, I was seen immediately and had surgery within weeks. I think I owe my life to Delcharco and his wonderful staff. Can't say enough good things about all of them.

Jul 29th, 2011

I just had two different surgeries done by Dr. DelCharco. He was absolutely wonderful. He is caring and concerned and always answered all my questions. I don't think I could have received better care. His office staff is also friendly and caring. I can't say enough great things about this doctor!!

Jul 16th, 2011

Dr. Delcharco providing excellent service and performed both of my C-sections(due to large babies). Highly recommend him!!

|  I would not go anywhere else  |  show details
by Jennifer K on Feb 8th, 2011

Thank you Doctor Delcharco. You have been so good to me and my family through the years.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
by Maria J on Feb 8th, 2011

This is a fantastic doctor's office. Everyone is always pleasant and helpful and the wait times have been good so far.

|  He is a great doctor with great midwives  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

Dr delcharco delivered my first child and will deliver this one two via c section and I see the midwives there also. It is the greatest doctor here in marion county for pregnancy as I am on my 5th child and have seen them all and they are by far the best and malpractice suits havent you people ever heard of greed everybody wants something for nothing.

|  Do Not Go To This Doctor  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

This doctor has had 4 malpractise lawsuits against him in Ocala along, check it out at the courthouse records just search records for Delcharco, he is also in Bankruptcy.

|  DISSAPPOINTED  |  show details
by DISAPPOINTED on Aug 10th, 2010

I am not a patientof this doctor but my wife was recommended to him recently and I was very disppointed at the level of service received. It seems that the focus is more on dollars and cents than the health and well being of patients. My wife has not helath insurance and also is unemployed. She was diagnosed recently as having fibroid tumors and also she is suffering from a condition which is preventing her from walking as she normally would. She had one appointment with Dr. Delcharco whom she never saw and a follow up was scheduled. Well at the end of the first visit it was told to her the price of the visit which she informed them she had no way of paying at the time. A person on the staff told her she would need to bring something. Well she was unable to and when the follow up appointment came up, my wife called the office and told the receptionist the situation and was told of she had no money that she need not bother coming in because she would not be seen. And my wife with whom I have 4 children has gotten depressed over this issue and it bothers me that in this day and age when people are in crisis of every king that persons are mnore concerned about their pockets being greased than the health and well being of people. As good as this doctor has been complimented on being, I think he needs to reconsider the reason he got into the medical field in the first place and he also needs to hire compassionate staff that will view a patient's health and well being as top priority rather than the almight dollar.

by Tulise on May 7th, 2010

I seen the doctor for both of my kids, except one was five years ago...the other was just 3 months ago. 5 years ago, he was an AWSOME doctor...but that was also before he got his big office with all these staff to do his job. I went back to this doctor cause i have been seeing him for so long for girl problems. Well this last pregnancy was a horrible experience with this dr. I did only see him maybe 2 or 3 times. The staff is really nice..but they have no communication on how to recieve information from the hospital. I didn't find out i had gestational diabetes til i was 38 weeks, because of them. To top is all off, when i had my baby NONE of the midwives or the doctor was avaliable to deliver my baby, i had to use the on call doctor...im not having any more kids, but i really wouldn't see him again. Though he is really nice the 3 times you do get to see him.

|  THE TRUTH  |  show details
by Kaycin Nickerson on Nov 9th, 2009

I would highly recommend this doctors office. Be sure you realize before hand that if you are well off(have connections in high places or you are in high places) you will be treated like royalty by Dr Delcharco himself. On the other hand if you are one of us less fortunate people the doctor has hired a wonderful array of staff that will be happy to assist you. The staff is very professional, caring, and smart. They will be there for you every step of the way and be glad because they are GREAT!!! P.S. I rated the doctors office staff not the doctor himself.

by be aware!! on Oct 15th, 2009

I would not recommend this Dr. as I saw him only one time during my entire pregnancy and that was the day I was sent directly to hosp to deliver due to a ongoing problem. I was in office with midwife many times due to problems with pregnancy and still never saw him. I was scheduled a few times to see him and when I arrived I was told he was out ill, he was on vacation and other things. I requested that the midwife deliver my child when I was sent to hospital directly from office visit as I felt she knew more about me and my unborn child than my Dr. My midwife Jackie was great and made me feel comfortable. After all was said and done my baby was delivered 1 month early and was healthy thanks to Jackie the midwife.. So I guess I can be thankful the Doc finally showed up for my apt to request immediate delivery.

Jun 28th, 2009

I will Never go to this Doctor again! I seen him only 3 times during my 9 months of pregnancy! he puts to much trust into his midwives. My baby was a preemie, I was full term but he was shocked when my baby was delivered only because he wasn't prepared for this or was I. He may be a good Doctor but, he has so many people in his office to do what a Doctor that your paying for should do. I live and work in Ocala, I have spoken to other moms about my experience to find I'm not the only one. When you are pregnant ask and talk to other moms about their Dr. and their experience.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2008

He delivered both of my children. He was very caring and answered any questions or concerns for me. I would highly recommend.