Dr. Manuel Montemayor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

May 27th, 2015
Lack of Care and Attention to Details
I'm hypertensive and was prescribed hydrochlorothiazide to bring blood pressure down. I had told Dr. Montemayor that I had chronic pain and took ibuprofen and stronger pain medications regularly. He never mentioned that these drugs have negative reactions with the hydro. He also knew that I've taken protein pump inhibitors that are also contraindicated while taking hydro. He never mentioned any side effects I should watch out for with the hydro. Also, I had asked for referrals to both an orthopedic surgeon and an ENT (for long-term GERD) and I didn't get those until after the third apt., reminding him each time. My overall impression is that he's not terribly engaged or interested in my well-being. I don't want to feel that way with a doctor. Looking for a new primary care dr. now.

February 11th, 2015
never again
I broke my hand on a Sunday and was able to get an appointment on Wednesday. dr. Montemayor was 40 minutes late, when he came in he looked at my hand he asked me how I broke it. I was attacked and had to defend myself and was quite embarrassed so I told him I punched someone, the doctor was amused and continued to try to get more details about 'the fight', I was uncomfortable so I brushed it off and said I just wanted to get my hand taken care of. He leaves comes back again and again tries to gossip about 'the fight' then just tosses a paper with my xrays referral to me. He never asked about any pain or any real questions about my injury. A nurse comes in puts an ace bandage on my very broken hand and that's it. No pain killers no follow up appointment nothing! I ended up going to the er on the following Saturday night. The doctor was in shock, he prescribed pain medication and put me in a real splint. It's now Wednesday and still no referral to the orthopedic from Dr Montemayor. Now I'm questioning if I will have full function of my right hand when this is over thanks to Dr Montemayor's negligence.