Family Physicians

227 Rancheros Dr
Department of Transplant Surgery
San Marcos, CA 92069
Locations and availability (6)

|  Fantastic Doctor and Person  |  show details
by Chad Engelgau on Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Tanguma is a very knowledgable and friendly doctor. He has been my primary physician for over 5 years and has also taken care of my son and two daughters. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a highly qualified, caring, professional doctor.

|  Knowledgeable, trustworthy, compassionate  |  show details
by Katherine H. on Oct 31st, 2013

I see Dr. Tanguma at his San Marcos office. He has provided excellent care for me and my teenage daughters -- not always easy. The staff at the office is also top notch. The remember the patients and go out of their way to be helpful. Once when I had no appointment, and no doctor was immediately available they saw me, made an accurate diagnosis (shingles surrounding the eye), found a nurse practitioner to see me while the Office staff member took initiative to phone to find an ophthalmologist who could see me right away. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

|  Perfect  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2012

A very prompt and intelligent doctor. Hard working and a good sense of humor. I would recommend him to anyone. A

|  Kind, Caring Doctor  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr. Tanguma is an example of how doctors should care for their patients. He listens well and is never in a hurry to get through the appointment. He always takes the time to listen to all my issues, whether specific to what I'm being seen for or not. He seems to truly care about his patients, when other doctors seem to be just doing their job. I would recommend him but I don't want him to get so popular that I can't get my appointments quickly!

|  Never again!!!  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

How anybody would give Dr. Tanguma 4 stars is beyond me!! He is rude, arrogant and has a ZERO bedside manner. Like one poster said, he's weird. He comes off caring, but when you question anything, he's offended. So, if you like Doctors that control your care 100% and you never question anything, then he's great. If you like to participate in your care and appreciate your Dr. listening to your concerns. He's NOT the one. Serious "God" complex, this one. That's what it boils down to!

Oct 15th, 2011

its always easy and quick to be seen

|  A one-of-a-kind-doctor!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Tanguma to friends and relatives. Every visit I've had with him has been pleasant and productive. He seems very knowledgeable in diagnostic medicine and is also courteous, and attentive to his patient's needs. His staff is very good, and I have never had any problems at all obtaining a prompt appointment with him, nor have I ever had to wait a long time to see the doctor. The doctor has even followed up with me to answer questions and ensure that his treatments are working, which was a new and welcome experience for me. Seek out this doctor!

Jun 12th, 2011

Dr Tanguma was one of the first doctors in US that demonstrated empathy and an excellent listener.Normally the doctors in US are very cold and maintain distance from patience what that is one of the reasons i prefer to go always to south america to be taking care of any concerns i may have. I am very pleased with him and i have recommended him to many other friends of mine that have the same complains about doctors in the US.

May 14th, 2011

Dr. Tanguma is courteous, kind and thorough. The combination of his insight and knowledge with Graybill is a winner

|  Very caring, empathetic  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Having changed providers to Dr. Tanguma, he has proven to be very concerned with the welfare of his patients and their needs and concerns. Would recommend him highly to my family and friends.

Jun 29th, 2010

Dr. Tanguma is a great doctor. His clinical knowledge together with his kind heart makes him exceptional! Very Rare now a days.

|  TOTALLY USELESS DOCTOR  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2010

DR. MANUEL TANGUMA IS ''WEIRD''. HE LACKS PROFESSIONALISM AND DIAGNOSTIC ABILITIES. I HAD COLITIS WITH SEVERE ABDOMINAL PAIN. HE KEPT LAUGHING HILARIOUSLY. HE needs to learn bed side manners and must take care OF HIS ORAL HYGIENE. I COULDN'T TOLERATE IT.

Sep 21st, 2009

Excellent physician. Very kind.