Dr. Manuel Ybarra MD Patient Reviews

December 5th, 2016
DONT BOTHER TO SEE DR IF ONLY WORKMAN COMP

October 8th, 2016
A Nightmare!!
I consulted Dr. Ibarra for back pain and numbness to my legs and feet. His staff was pompous, not medically-trained -- but have been given the latitude to take medical histories and diagnose. The clerical staff are scary with piercings and tattoos, aggressive, pushy and rude. For some reason, his clerical staff are given uniforms to wear which makes them think that they are entitled to take medical histories and diagnose!! During my consult with Dr. Ibarra, he never examined me, he never once touched my body, I was never even asked to take my shoes off!!! Dr. Ibarra informed me that I needed an injection in my back, which I agreed to. Two weeks after Dr. Ibarra provided me with the injection - my symptoms were made worse and I was having trouble walking When I returned to his office in follow up, he and his uneducated staff were nasty and aloof and treated me like I was a piece of meat. Dr. Ibarra then informed me that since the injection didn't work, he couldn't help me. There were no recommendations for physical therapy or any other method of dealing with my intractable pain. I appealed to him that I needed help, that my pain was intolerable. He just looked at me and then walked out of the examination room. He obviously is focused on making money - sending me for physical therapy wouldn't benefit him, now would it? What a nightmare the "medical" community now is!!! It's all about the money.

July 21st, 2015
Established patient
Dr. Ybarra is a very compassionate doctor. I trust him! I have been a patient of his for 2 years and he has managed my pain in a way we both decided on together.... He actually gave me a say in what worked best for me. You usually never have a say with doctors, not true with him. I am going to move to Houston and he has offered me a schedule that accommodates me so I do not have to see him as often. But it is definitely worth the drive to see him. His staff has always been nice with only a few exceptions. I highly recommend Dr. Ybarra

July 15th, 2015
transferred from Chicago and had to find a doctor from scratch. Been with him for 3 years now. He is excellent and caring.

June 9th, 2015
not happy
Run from this office, wow, clueless. I am worse than when I started treatment here, doc cannot make up his mind on treatment plan. Beware

April 21st, 2015
Great experience
I have had back problems for a while and Dr. Ybarra has been very helpful with providing me solutions to get my life back. I am not there yet but I am confident with his help I will have a better quality of life real soon. The staff is also awesome I have spoken with a lady named Ruby several times and she is always so helpful and kind . The rest of the staff is also remarkable I am not used to people in the front being as great as the doctor. I would recommend this provider to anyone who values the doctor patient relationship

April 16th, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Very nice doctor. And staff was very informative and helpful. Would highly recommend.

January 26th, 2015
Wonderful Bedside Manner
I highly recommend Dr. Ybarra for pain management. He has a wonderful bedside manner. He listened to my concerns regarding getting injections in my spine and assured me of the risks involved. He made me feel very comfortable going forward. I am now pain free and have my quality of life back. And on a side note his staff were so courteous and medically informative of my condition. Thank you doctor.

December 12th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
Very compassionate doctor. Very nice staff.

June 13th, 2014
He is great
He really helped by lower back and leg...And seems to be a very caring and knowledgeable doctor.

December 30th, 2013
Couldn't be better
I had just fired the Pain Specialist I had seen in the past and needed a new one right away. Even though I was a new patient, his office accommodated me in every way I needed. I had my first visit with Dr Ybarra the day after Christmas and it could not have gone any better. I was very impressed with him. It quickly became obvious that he is very caring and puts his patients needs first. He explained everything to me, completed the procedure in a timely manner and now my back pain is gone. I will not hesitate to go back to him if I need to again and can recommend him.

March 27th, 2013
Patient of Dr Ybarra
I have had lower back pain for nearly 20 years. While in the military I sustained an injury causing me to have back surgery. Dr Ybarra has seen me the past year and the technique he uses provides me the best management relief and the least amount of discomfort to me. I would strongly recommend Dr Ybarra.