Overall Review

3.0

April 19th, 2013
ms
Dr Matei is such a pleasant and intelligent lady! She saved my life by diagnosing me early with a progressive renal disease. She referred me to a nephrologist who was so well impressed with the care Dr Matei gave me. She followed me closely until she made sure I was safe and well. Thank you Dr Matei!! I thank God for dedicated and smart physicians like you!!

June 20th, 2012
I completely disagree with the other reviews. I have been seeing this doctor for 5 years and she is excellent.

June 16th, 2012
patient
i almost died major asthma attach i asked there office for albutural i told them it is nessacar one lady told me you have symbacort i told here that does not save your life get me dr.matei forget it all i am leavinghavard comunity tells me sir do not raies your voice i am gonna leave

May 23rd, 2011
Just won't listen
I went to Dr. Matei (formerly my PCP but I've since changed, thankfully) because I had some weeping dots on my arm--3, evenly spaced, all in a perfect line. She looked at them for a moment and told me they were poison ivy. I informed her that A) I had never been allergic to poison ivy (despite growing up in the woods, summer camp, etc) and B) I had not been recently in the woods. She told me again that it was poison ivy and then left the room, not to return.At best, she was right and has appalling bedside manner and no interest in a patient's input. At worst, she was WRONG and has appalling bedside manner and no interest in a patient's input.Not a doctor worth seeing, in my opinion.

May 3rd, 2011
While I generally like the doctors at Vanguard, I would never see Dr. Matei again. I went in for a physical and wanted to discuss weight issues. The advice she provided (800-900 calories daily for an active lifestyle) basically would have qualified me for an eating disorder had I listened to her. Needless to say when I went for a second opinion they were horrified. She clearly does not have a good understanding of the human body!