Dr. Maqbool Ahmed Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Maqbool Ahmed?

August 20th, 2016

Horrible horrible office. The staff is ignorant and rude, the doctor doesn't care about you as a patient and you are expected to wait for hours to see him for five minutes or less. I will never recommend or personally see this neurologist again!

May 25th, 2016

For your sanity: use anyone else!

The only good thing I have to say about this dr (if you even want to call him that) is the ease of scheduling an appointment. The front staff was very cold hearted and distant. Not even a hello when you first walk-in. I waited in the waiting room for over 30 minutes before calling me back to an exam room. It was a nursing student who called me back, which I have no issues with as everyone needs training before certified. The nursing student who took my vitals was unsupervised and then asked me about my medical history without even stating her name or asking a certified tech into the room. I waited another 30 minutes in the exam room which was poorly painted, barely decorated, and had used nebulizer tubing hanging out of the cabinets. When the nurse student finally came back to the room to check on me- she stated the dr is ready to see you now and I followed her into the Dr's office. I walked into his office and he refused to even stand to acknowledge my presence or even shake my hand. As for listening to any medical concerns I have on my own body: he stated "I'm the specialist, I went to school to learn about headaches". When explaining about my medical: he interjected stated saying "all headaches are migraines" and cut me off from stating anything else When discussing what medications I'm currently on he refused to listen and kept telling me " those good medications" When I finally had enough of him blowing smoke, I demanded to be referred to another neurologist immediately and he said " try this change in medication and keep a headache journal and I see you in two weeks. Have good day" I demanded he electronically send the prescription change to the pharmacy before I leave and I haven't heard from my pharmacy that they received it. If I could give fewer than one stars I would. Please for your sanity: find another neurologist before you waste over an hour of your time and every ounce of patience!

October 30th, 2015

Find another Neurologist ASAP

This was absolutely the WORST experience I have ever had at a doctor's office. I left the office in tears. Not because of a bad diagnosis but because of the terrible experience I had. When the waiting room full of patients saw I was a new patient and warned me to find another neurologist, I should've listened. Their staffs was so rude. As soon as I walked in they were talking terribly about a patient and discussing his personal information and condition. They were calling him crazy and said he may need psych because he didn't have anything wrong with him. When I gave my insurance card the worker stated, oh you work there? Then told me she didn't know how to enter the insurance information in the system so I would have to wait until I get a bill. Then, the almost 2 hours in the waiting room was full of listening to the personal conversations of the worker on speakerphone and the other complaining about people touching her window and slammed the door. When I finally left the waiting room that was another hour before I even met the doctor. All to spend less than 5 minutes with him. He talked to me like I was an idiot. He dismissed every one of my concerns and although I already had an MRI, he wanted me to have another. He then asked me what I wanted for my medication and told me if I wanted to know more about migraines I should read the Internet. Throughout he kept telling me he was giving his professional advice and he was the expert. He answered his cell phone 3 times and didn't even say excuse me or anything. Just picked it up and talked...discussing a patient's care. Disgusting visit and I will NOT be going back there again. For a neurologist to tell me facial numbness accompanied by strong headaches for months is not any concern and didn't even do any sort of exam is ridiculous!!

October 22nd, 2015

discourteous

His staff let's you run out of meds and does not read faxes sent from pharmacy

September 26th, 2015

Worst doctor ever

Very rude spent more time with his phone than helping me. Talked to me like if I were stupid. I just figure he thinks less of females and does not like helping us just wants the money.

June 25th, 2015

Unhappy patient

My son was having some issues and we were recommended to this office. First appointment and we check in to the front office and the receptionist was on her cell phone and very rude. We spent ten minutes with the doctor as a new patient was given labs and order for mri. At check out still rude even asked me if I was hiring because she saw I managed a office . A week goes by I call about mri and the wrong order was sent to the hospital after calling multiple times I got everything straight with the order. Very unprofessional.

May 5th, 2015

Unacceptable!

This doctor came to my mothers hospital room at 10pm (after family members had left/visitation was over) and upset my mom by his terrible bedside manner and diagnosis he gave her was completely different from what was on her chart and what the hospital test results indicated. I have reported this doctor to the Gateway Hospital administration. NO doctor should should do this to a patient! Unacceptable!

January 19th, 2015

RUN AWAY!

He really didn't do anything for my husband post stroke. All he did was tell my husband that he would most likely have another stroke. No test, no medication, no nothing. He recommended a CT scan but he already had one in the hospital a few days before so why have another? His office HAS HORRIBLE BOOKKEEPING PRACTICES! They held two money orders saying that their system couldn't process them (which I know is not true because I know that all you have to do is take them to the bank). They then lost two checks I sent directly from my bank. The doctor himself felt badly so he cancelled the remaining $90 debt and said that if they found the checks (that they/he lost), they would send them to me voided or destroy them. FOUR MONTHS LATER HE CASHED ONE AND IT BOUNCED COSTING ME $45! Horrible doctor; horrible business!

July 16th, 2012

Pretty Good Doctor

I dont what the guy labeled fraud has in his mind. Doctors dont take tax dollars, they pay huge amounts of taxes. Anyway, good thoughtfull doctor

March 1st, 2012

Most perfect doctor I have ever gone to!!

I got excelent care from this doctor. I had tremors in my hand and I first time got diagnosis of parkinsonism. it was correct diagnosis and I got excelent response from the treatment. I would reccomend this doctor to any body who wants a best neurologist.we are blessed that we have a doctor like Dr Ahmed in small town of clarksville. He listen and gives full time to his patients.I donot agree with the bad comments given on this website. these bad comments misguide people.

April 30th, 2011

BEWARE

I have worked as RN for 23y and NEVER have I seen such pure incompetence by a "Dr" and his staff. This Dr did nothing but bilk my insurance out of mega thousands of dollars. Ordered every test imagineable ridiculous labs, radiology i e MRA/MRI of everything... and then when my spouse questioned him for a diagnosis after about 2 months of all these ordered tests he started chanting "I am the dr you know nothing about these things I am the dr you know nothing" referred me to another neurologist. Set me back six months in true diagnosis of completely debilitating disease that warranted early interventions. Office staff incapable of ordering/scheduling/filing anything and unbelieveably rude. Needless to say this "dr" has been reported to ALL necessary.

June 5th, 2017