Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

1314 Park Ave
Plainfield, NJ 07060
908-754-0400
Locations and availability (3)

|  Incompetent  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Amjad for treatment of throat cancer. Dr. Amjad was unable to get a PET scan I needed authorized by my insurance company. Dr. Amjad claimed it was rejected on multiple occasions. My human resource representative was able to provide verification that Dr. Amjad was at fault for not responding to my insurance company request for additional information. It was recommended by my referring doctor that I receive both radiation and chemo. Dr. Amjad unilaterally decided to forgo chemo. After just a few months my cancer returned. I have since endured 4 surgeries and a complete laryngectomy. When I met with my surgeon to have the laryngectomy she told me that my records from Dr. Amjad indicated I had both radiation and chemo. Please choose another doctor for your treatment he incompetence has resulted in months of pain and suffering. My life will never be the same - had he followed the normal protocol of radiation and chemo, I may have still been cancer free today.

|  multiple myeloma  |  show details
by Patricia A. Lescota on Jun 11th, 2013

Dr. Amjad has taken care of my husband, John Lescota for just about 3-1/2 years. My husband was diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Dr. Amjad is an excellent doctor, always explaining my husbands situation and the course Dr. Amjad was going to take. My husband was given 6 months to live, however he lived close to 4 years after he was diagnosed. My husband was a fighter with this cancer and was thankful he had such a wonderful doctor and staff. Thank you Dr. Amjad for being there for John. Sincerely, Patricia Lescota

|  BEST Hematologist around!  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

Dr. Amjad is HONEST, caring, NEVER rushes an appointment, and will thoroughly diagnosis the situation/problem. He will go above and beyond to research information for his patients and ALWAYS returns call by the close of business day....but usually much before that! I wish he was a "family/MD" doctor so that I could see him...and I live in south Jersey!

|  Great Doc... =- )  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

This is my Mom's 2nd hematologist. I am so glad we now have Dr. Amjad. He is the most professional, HONEST, and caring doctor I have encountered.

|  show details
Jan 8th, 2011

Dr. Amjad is very competent, professional and compassionate physician with excellent bedside manners. His office staff is extremely friendly an courteous.If one has cancer this is the place to go.

|  Great Find  |  show details
by Allan P. on May 6th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Amjad's for 8 years and Dr. Amjad is an extremely competent, kind and sensitive Doctor. He is truly compassionate and cares about his patients. I would reccommend him as a Hematologist or Oncologist to anyone.

|  show details
Apr 9th, 2009

Very uncaring, impersonal. NEVER go to this doctor. There are far superior doctors in the New Brunswick area.