Dr. Mara Okshteyn MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 20th, 2016
patient
I saw Dr Okshteyn and was under her care at Santa Fe Endocrinology before she she for AZ. She was one of he best doctor's I have seen in a long time and I highly refer her.

June 23rd, 2016
She is awesome!
I love her approach and warm and 'mom' type of attitude. She often tries natural approaches instead of going straight for the meds, and truly gets to know her patients. She will spend time with you and not rush you out the door. Highly recommend.

May 21st, 2016
Never called with lab results
At first, I thought Dr. Okshteyn was a godsend. Very smart and kind. Had great ideas. Thought I finally was going to be treated after my PCP blew me off. However, she sent me to get lab tests and I never heard from her again. She never called with the results. I waited and waited and finally got a bill from Sonora Quest where I learned I could get my results online. I had a severe vitamin deficiency and she never called! I had debilitating symptoms that almost cost me my job, but I had to research how to treat it myself. Not cool. I'm glad she knew what to test for, but it would be nice for her to have actually treated me afterward. What if it wasn't just vitamins? What if I needed a prescription? I'd still be waiting.

April 8th, 2016
This doctor helped me a lot. She was not in a hurry -- spent time listening. But I had trouble connecting with her again after my two appointments. The staff did not return calls or answer emails.

January 13th, 2015
good

September 28th, 2014
Don't hesitate to make an appt.
Dr. Okshteyn is the fifth endo I have tried in Tucson. I won't be trying anymore! She is head and shoulders above the rest. Truly an integrative physician. Orders the appropriate tests to get a thorough picture of your health and discusses results with you with the assumption that you are an intelligent human being - refreshing! Great bedside manner. Very comfortable atmosphere.

September 28th, 2012
This Dr. is the best Endo I have had. We are still working on balancing my thyroid. The last Dr. I had told me I had to live with my symptoms. Dr. Okshteyn uses both Western and Eastern (herbs)medicines which I think is great. She is for natural things when appropriate for the patient. If you have thyroid problems she is the Dr. to go to. Almost all Endos in Tucson will no longer treat thyroid or the decent ones will not take new patients. She is a great Dr. so make your appointment to show her that she is needed. I was a patient of her's when she practiced in Wilcox and followed her to Tucson. She is not afraid to order the necessary tests and will go to bat for her patients with the insurance companies. She will work with you until you feel good and then maintain. Make your appointment! She has a good sense of humor, very intelligent, pleasant personality. Will spend as much time with each patient as needed. I would like it if she would order bone density bone scans without having to ask for it, but oh well, not a big deal; if only every Dr. would practice like she does-give the patient one on one time and very thorough. Not arrogant at all. Sometimes she will talk about Russia which I find fascinating. She doesn't get tense or let anything ruffle her feathers. Truly a hidden jewel.

July 16th, 2012
One of a kind!!
Dr. Okshteyn was attentive, thorough and took the time to find the root cause. I went for a second opinion and within a year pre diabetes gone high blood pressure gone because she discovered a non functioning pituitary and balanced me out. Life is normal again and I feel better at 50 then I have in years. On way less meds now too. She listens and allows you to be a partner in your healing.

March 22nd, 2012
I wish she were still in Santa Fe! Endo-crinologists that are as opened minded and attentive as she is are rarer than hen's teeth! She got me thru Grave's Disease, a thyroidectomy, and was even willing to try natural thyroid with me.They don't make many endo's like her!