Dr. Marat Reyzelman, MD
Neurologist

Question show details Question
by Yelena on Dec 25th, 2014

I am trying to find the cause of my son's tendency for wrong choices. Since young age he had problems (ADD, etc) I would like to do his brain scan (pic) and see if there are some deviations from the norm. Do you do that? Spasibo.

Doctor's Response

Hi, We are able to do MRI scans in our practice. If your son has never had one, it may be helpful to rule out a structural brain problem (such as tumor, stroke, infection, etc). However, most of the time conditions such as ADD, personality disorders, etc., are not due to a structural brain condition, and MRIs are not very helpful. You may want to consider seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist to do some further testing as well as a neurologist to do an MRI. Hope this helps. Dr. R

A doctor who truly cares show details A doctor who truly cares
by Marian L. on Sep 23rd, 2013

Dr. Reyzelman remembers me each time I come in to see him (which is not too often). That is a big deal to me. He listens and doesn't rush. He is up to date on all the treatments and even knows about the goofy ones that I hear about. He never makes me feel silly no matter what question I may have. He is concerned about the "whole" me; I not just a "speciailzed' part. His staff is wonderful too.

Parkinson's Disease show details Parkinson's Disease
by Joan Goodemote on Sep 10th, 2013

My husband, Neil, was being seen by Dr. Kukaswadia for PD. He left permanently to return to his home country. Do you treat PD? He needs to find a new neurologist. Thank you

Doctor's Response

Yes we do. Please give our office a call at 770-422-3602 and we would be happy to set up an appt.

Oops, forgot to write prescription show details Oops, forgot to write prescription
by Human Being on Apr 2nd, 2013

Oh, and those hospital reports we said we sent for, no show on those either. So blank slate, some patronage, little interest. No sense that they expect to be held accountable for services provided. However, patient will certainly pay up, $35 - $100 for no-show! And if you have complaint abt dr in this group - too bad!! No changing. You'll see who we tell you to. Sorry, don't need to pay for this "treatment". Feel bad enough already.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you've had a frustrating experience with us. I hope you will come back again and give us a chance to improve. Unfortunately, we request records multiple times for many patients, and still don't receive them from other doctor's offices. I routinely tell my patients to hand carry records if you want to ensure that they are available at the time of your appointment. We are strict about our no-show policies because many of our patients wait for weeks to be seen, and we want to give them an option of being seen sooner if someone cancels. If you don't take a moment to cancel your appointment, someone else who is ill and waiting may miss on an opportunity to be seen. This policy is standard in most physician practices. Again, our apologies for your poor experience with us. I am always happy to discuss any concerns you may have, and improve anything I can for you. Our practice manager is also always available. Best Regards, Dr. R

Caring show details Caring
by Marian on Mar 7th, 2013

I am very grateful to be under the care of Dr. Reyzelman. I needed to see him this week for what I thought was an MS flare-up. He took the time to listen, really listen to what was going on and even to what I thought was happening. After examining me, he explained that it wasn't necessarily a flare up but what I should have been experiencing all along. I gave me options and treated me like I was part of the decision making solution. With his expertise we were able to agree on a best plan of action for me. He really took the time to talk with me (not at me) and my husband. He explained new drugs that are will be coming available soon to help manage this disease. He is professional yet caring. I've had four Neurologists over the course of this journey, each were excellent, however, I would rate him the highest.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Sep 20th, 2012

Dr. Reyzelman saved my father's life - literally. My dad was taken to the hospital after having a stroke. He was admitted and saw the doctor (neurologist) on duty who ran some tests but seemed completely disinterested in my father's well-being. Completely unimpressed and consumed with genuine concern for my dad, I asked if he could be seen by Dr. Reyzelman. Dr. R examined my dad, ordered another test and discovered his carotid artery had 65% blockage, so he scheduled surgery. The first neurologist not only did NOT order that test, he was ready to release my dad. Thanks to Dr. R my dad (89 years old) is doing quite well now and I will forever be in his debt.

Doctor's Response

Thank you very much for the kind review -- glad things worked out for your dad!

Good stroke care show details Good stroke care
Aug 4th, 2012

I was admitted to the hospital after Dr. Reyzelman diagnosed me with a stroke. He recognized there was a problem right away, and I received care quickly. I have not had any difficulty making follow up appts, although there's an automated phone system that can make things difficult. I use the online portal which is faster.

Apr 19th, 2012

I think Dr. Reyzelman is thorough and caring. He diagnosed me with neuropathy. I had undiagnosed diabetes, which was also picked up with bloodwork. I am doing better now.

Jun 14th, 2011

I love this doctor but the difficulty presented in getting an appointment is unbelievable. You call some service and you never get the office. Then someone has to call you back which they almost never do. This I do not understand unless they just have so many patients they don't want anymore.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you had such a difficult time in setting up your visit! If I may suggest using our patient portal. This is a new, easy and convenient way to access our practice. Appointments may be set up electronically without having to call the office or be stuck on the line. Also, you may use the portal to view your personal information such as lab results. You can use it to communicate any needs you may have to our nurses. Please ask for your personalized ID and password next time you visit. Thank you.

review show details review
Jul 27th, 2009

very knowledgeable, genuinely caring, felt out of place at marietta neurology, however - didn't appear he knew the layout on how things worked from an administrative stand point. Overall, very good doctor.

Doctor's Response

This reviewer is correct -- I didn't know the administrative details because I had only started in this practice 3 weeks prior to this review. It does take some time to learn the layout of a large medical practice. Thank you for leaving a review and the overall positive feedback.