Dr. Marc Abbate MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

December 13th, 2016
Excellent caring doctor! He saved my life! Found Melanoma on my back.

October 17th, 2016
Hungry for Money
Very dissatisfied. He came into the exam room, very late, after I waited in the main waiting room at least 45 min beyond my appointment time. He rushed thru the full body check and seemed interested in only getting to the next patient. Not the first time this occurred but it was the LAST! I now have a new Doctor whom I am very happy with closer to home!

July 6th, 2016
UNPROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
After a 65 minute wait time (for a 9:15 am appointment) in a packed waiting room with no communication, my senior mother finally gets to see Dr. Abbate - with my accompaniment. Although the doctor may be assumed competent and "personable", after being questioned by me about the unacceptable wait times so early in the day, he boldly exclaimed about the waiting patients "They don't care [about the wait]" [hidden meaning: HE doesn't care!]. When he noticed my displeasure after I advised him "I care!" - because I have a job to get to, he asks his associate out loud in front of the patient and myself "Are they angry?". A few times he would refer to us in the room to his associate as 'they' - as if we were not present....Then when asked by the patient what exactly forms the cyst he was removing, he unprofessionally replies, "Stuff." After a pause, he then finally adds...."Keratin". On the initial visit made for a cancer screening, he failed to check the entire body. He never checked the scalp or lower extremities. This doctor (and the office staff) needs a refresher course in basic patient courtesy and professionalism, not to mention his narcissistic conversation to his associate reflecting gloriously on how a prior patient commented on his "youthful appearance". Get over yourself, "Doc", and pay more attention to sticking to your schedule, spare the B.S., - and stop overbooking more patients than you can handle in a timely manner. "Come back in 6 months" he says... I don't think so, pal. You only get one chance. Moving on...Also, you will find extreme difficulty parking your car in the tiny lot. So, if you like waiting for hours in a waiting room for a doctor who doesn't appear to genuinely care about the patient experience - THIS is your doctor.

October 8th, 2015
The absolute BEST dermatologist! A wonderful professional who makes you feel completely comfortable. You can tell he loves his job and you always feel as though you are in good hands. Not only is he an excellent doctor, but a great person overall. I will never go to any other dermatologist until the day Dr. Abbate retires which will hopefully be in decades from now!! Thanks for everything, Dr. Abbate!

September 3rd, 2013
Good Dr. not worth wait
This is a practice with multiple doctors. Be prepared to wait 1 - 1.5 hours to see the Dr. He has great bedside manners and is easy to talk to, but making appointments are next to impossible. You get an automated system when you call. I've had to wait over 10 min. to try and leave a message for a nurse with a question. Didn't leave the message or get an answer because I waited so long. I called to make an appointment and have to wait just as long to try and schedule an appointment. Before you make an appointment please remember, your time is just as valuable as his, he has a degree but is not entitled to make you wait that long. Hours are limited to 7am - 12 pm daily. Seriously, with a practice this busy. No matter how much I like him or trust his opinion I'm not returning to this office.

January 23rd, 2013
Best Interaction With a Medical Professional in a Long Time!
I have been a long time patient of the Dermatology Group and they have all my records. So, I wanted to see someone in the Group. After reading all the reviews, I decided on Dr. Abbate, even though he was more than an hour away. So worth the drive! This is the best healthcare I have received in a long time. Dr. Abbate listened intently and answered all my questions. He treated me like a person and not patient number 173. I am a reasonable girl and do not expect physicians to be perfect and always accurate. Maybe we try a few different things before we find the right one. That's fine. But, if your doctor does not listen to you, you will never get good results. Anyhoo, I go to him for a serious chronic condition in which treatment options are experimental and limited. If he is good with that, think what he can do with the run of the mill things, i.e., facials, acne, etc.

October 1st, 2012
Went to see Dr Abbate for a rash in my groin area. After several visits and trying different creams which were for cancer patients and other non rash like symptoms he had me wear these 30 patches on my back for a week to see if I was allergic to anything which may have been causing my rash.All patches showed negative results. THEN...he goes and performs a biopsy on my groi. After lab testing he still has no idea of what my rash is. I spent a lot of time with all this and still had no ansewer. After all this I went to The Center for Dermatology and the Dr looked at my rash and in 2 minutes diagnosed me with a jock itch rash, told me use anti fungal powder( Zeazorb ) and my rash has been gone ever since. I was so angry with this Dr Abbate for what he put me through between patches and cutting and stitching me in my groin for no reason. I think they did all this to me to generate more money.