Dr. Marc Brand Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Marc Brand?

September 24th, 2013

Skilled and Caring!

Not sure what happened to some of the others on here, but Dr. Brand was able to complete a colon resection on me laparoscopically despite a former appendectomy, gallbladder removal, and being overweight. Add to this a wound healing complication that he and his nurse practitioner stuck with me on for about three months. I always felt that he genuinely cared and wanted the best possible outcome for me. I met other patients who had come in from out of state in order to have him for the same surgery. He's very busy, especially since he's training so many students and residents, but he does advocate for his patients.

June 18th, 2013

Incompetent

He did a hemorrhoid banding procedure on me and botched the job. First, he required two enemas, then he proceeded to insert his fingers into my rectum, stretching my tissues, further irritating all external and internal hemmorhoids, before banding. Then, using a machine tightener, he tightened the band way too much. Within two days, all my hemmorhoids were swelled and thrombosis, requiring about 50 hours of baths, two weeks recovery, and 10 enemas to enable me to move my bowels. My rectum was totally swelled and blocked. I was very close to going to the emergencey room. I should have walked immediately when I learned he requires two enemas before banding and when he said I would need 6 banding procedures. I switched to Loyola University and had all banding done without such trauma and only 3 banding procedures. In my view, this man is an incompetent.

August 17th, 2012

Technical skills outstanding

I chose this surgeon because I wanted the procedure to be done laproscopically. It was a technically complicated procedure, I know because I am a physician. He did a great job. A special bonus is that he is a decent guy with good bedside manner.

June 4th, 2012

In good hands

Dr. Brand is up to date on the latest surgical procedures, gives options with pros/cons for patient to decide, he genuinely cares, and he does whatever he can to help people. He's very straightforward too. The wait at his office is long but he's worth it. I will be recommending him to others, as he was recommended to me.

June 26th, 2011

dr brand is an awesome doctor!!

March 27th, 2017