Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Emergency surgery - out of state  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2012

Dr. Catalano and his medical assistant were the best! Helped me get through the surgery and back home to Atlanta.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Oct 16th, 2012

We never could figure out what was wrong with my husband. He saw 3 doctors and then this doctor. He is excellent and great at what he does. My husband is finally able to eat now!

Sep 13th, 2012

What a great doctor!! What a wonderful kind man! We have been to 3 major medical facilities as my husband struggled with what we were told was auto immune pancreatitis and also chronic pancreatitis. He had 6 previous ERCPs and Dr Catalano was the only one to properly diagnose the cancer that was there from the beginning! His kindness in presenting the diagnosis to us, his thorough explanation, and the care to be completely accurate is something we have seen in very few of the doctors we have dealt with through this illness.....and that's a lot of doctors! He is awesome!!

|  Excellent physician  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

It was a difficult procedure that other physicians didnt do. He explained everything, was kind, and would very much recommend him. I was in need of a doctor who was very smart. He is is very knowledgable

|  Thanks for the opinions, you probably saved my life!!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

So glad I was able to see that others see this guy as an arrogant person. I had a horrible experience with him and I didn't even see him. Had an appointment with him in April and had to reschedule because could not get off of work. I wrote down the new appointment in error and missed the appointment. When I called to apologize and reschule, I was told he rufused to see me because I missed 3 appointments. Hmmmm don't think he can count. Just missed the one and people are human and they make mistakes. Glad I am not seeing him. Saved me the trip to Milwaukee to just see another arrogant person. But, the 2 ladies I spoke in the office, were nice. They must be just regular, everyday people that know how to treat people with kindness.

|  Never Again!!!  |  show details
Dec 24th, 2011

I have undergone 2 separate treatments for Hepatitis C. Dr. Catalano was the treating physician for the second round. One year after treatment, I found out that he never even requested a copy of my records from the first treatment!!! Wasn't aware I had a liver biopsy and never ordered one for me. He's arrogant and unwilling to listen to me. He took such good care of me that I've now lost every tooth in my mouth, have a loss in cognitive functioning, over 50% loss of hearing in both ears and I am now on Social Security Disability. He is NOT a doctor who's hands I would place my life/health concerns.

Aug 9th, 2011

Dr. Catalano diagnosed and treatred a very complex problem that my long time other gastroenterologist had missed and dismissed. He gave me the confidence that the cause of my 40 lb. involuntary weight loss and 9 month illness would be determined and treated. He is a very caring, professional and brilliant physician. I am not overstating when I say he truly saved my life.

Jul 31st, 2011

Overall wicked man whom lacked any kind of human compassion. I'm sad to see that Medical Schools are letting people that clearly lack any service skills or heart in that matter pass their courses.

Jun 7th, 2011

very smart

|  Compassionate  |  show details
by Regginald Hayes on Oct 11th, 2010

Dr. Catalano was an extremely friendly man. He went about his buisiness very professionally as well. The procedure went great, he explained what he found and why he performed such an endoscopy.

Sep 17th, 2009

Lacks interpersonal skills. Is arrogant and aloof. Is not curious about patient history and makes mistakes out of haste.

|  Thank you Dr. Catalano  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2009

Best doctor I have ever been to in my whole life. His care for me as first a person and then as his patient, went beyond his call of duty. He treated me as if he really knew me. I will never forget his care and concern as he shared my diagnosis with me. If I could rate him 1,000 stars I would. Thank you, Dr. Catalano from the bottom of my heart.Sincerely,Blessed because you were my doctor.May the Lord watch over you and bless you all the days of your life.