Condescending, no knowledge, cruel. show details Condescending, no knowledge, cruel.
Nov 10th, 2015

This absolute QUACK tried to cold turkey me off Xanax... then he wanted to put me on what he said was an anti seizure medication which turned out to be Klonopin... AFTER I had explained to him I want to be off ALL benzos completely! I also told him I'm allergic to SSRIs and have a bad reaction and he told me "it's all in your head" and prescribed me Prozac. I was sick for a week from the bad reaction to it. NEVER AGAIN. He talked down to me like I was a child and even had his nurse coming in to interrupt the visit THREE times, took a phone call during the visit, and then told me I had no sobriety date because I'm on xanax. I'm a recovering alcoholic and this man claims to treat addiction? LIES. I'd set my copay money on fire before I went and saw him again.

Best Dr Ever show details Best Dr Ever
Jun 9th, 2014

Dr. Charles totally gets me, diagnosed me correctly, really helped. He doesn't beat around the bush which I appreciate, he speaks honestly and candidly. I would recommend him.

My worst Dr. Experience ever show details My worst Dr. Experience ever
Aug 4th, 2012

I encountered Mr. Charles (I reserve the title "Dr." for caring professionals, which he most definitely is NOT) after an attempted suicide in the psych ER. I had a neck wound that was still bleeding when I came in. Mr. Charles was incredibly verbally abusive and planned to send me back to the trigger in a van that evening. He seemed to take a sadistic pleasure in this. When I pointed out that he didn't seem to have much sympathy for the patients, he commented that "it was just [me]." In other words, he blatantly admitted to being biased against me. Furthermore, I believe his bias may have been racial in nature. I filed a formal grievance with the hospital but this went nowhere, as he knew exactly how far he could push the envelope. STAY AWAY, especially if you're white, and definitely don't bring your children to him. He's incredibly unprofessional and lacking in basic human empathy.

Great psychiatrist show details Great psychiatrist
Nov 17th, 2011

Dr. Charles is a caring doctor and office staff is great too. Spends a lot of time with you, not just in and out. Will recommend.