Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Caring and wonderful doctor  |  show details
by N.W. on Apr 4th, 2013

I went to see Dr. Citron after lumpectomy and radiation treatments for my early stage breast cancer to consult about medication. After reviewing all my records, he told me that if I agree, he will send my biopsy from lumpectomy to re-do the testing to get another opinion. The hospital where I had my lumpectomy concluded that there are cancer cells in one of my two sentinel lymph nodes. Dr. Citron did not think those are cancer cells and he cared enough to insist on re-testing by another lab. Well, it turned out he is correct, those were not cancer cells and thus spared me the necessity of taking cancer medication. I am extremely grateful to Dr. Citron for his knowledge and experience, and most of all his caring attitude.

by Gail Perri on May 3rd, 2012

I am currenty under Dr. Citron's care for recurrence of breast cancer. I am receiving chemotherapy. I can truly say from the bottom of my heart that Dr. Citron is the most amazing doctor. Not only do I trust him completely because he is top notch, but he is caring and kind and extremely knowledgeable. This is going to sound strange but sometime feel like I am on vacation when I go for chemo, the staff is amazing, the atmosphere is happy and either Dr. Citron or Dr. Jain takes the time bring lunch to the patients. I adore Dr. Citron and his staff. I also have to say the Desiree Grogan, the PA is also amazing. She is extremely intelligent and has always taken the time to speak to me and my husband, and to answer any questions we have. She is also sweet and beautiful. I feel truly blessed and grateful to have found such an amazing team. The front desk staff are also amazing and my sincerest thanks to the nurses Marlin, Terri, Lisa and Suzanne.

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr Marc Citron, is one of the most caring doctors that my wife and I have even been to. He took care of my wife for her breast cancer and was so compassionate and caring it was almost too good to be true. He is a real gentleman with a great bed side mannor not to mention tops in his field. All doctors should treat their patients as Dr Citron does!

|  Very caring at a very difficult time  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2011

Dr. Citron treated my wife after her mastectomy. We were both badly spoiled by the wonderful care that at she received at Columbia University Medical Center and her doctor there had recommended Dr. Citron. He was very patient and empathetic to our circumstances and his prescribed course of chemotherapy matched what she had been told by another recommended oncologist.His staff was just as nice and while nobody goes for chemotherapy by choice, the staff made the visits as pleasant as they could possibly be under these circumstances. Dr. Citron and his associate even took turns serving lunch to patients who were there at the lunch hour. He is one of kind and truly a keeper.

|  Jill Levy, CEO JS Levy Associates, LLC  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Dr. Citron was nominated by me and was accepted as a "GOLD DOC" by the Arnold P. Gold Foundation. Exphasizing humanism and caring by doctors, Dr. Citron exemplified their mission.I have been his patient since 1987 when we didn;t know as much. I entered a clinical trial under his watch and can only say that he was an extraordinary human being and professional. He us my "go to" doc for advice for my family and myself.

by lisa on May 20th, 2011

You could not aqsk for a better doctor when you have been diagnosed with breast cancer. All I can say is he saved my life and I am grateful. There are no words to express how happy I am that I found him. Compassionate, caring doctor with tremendous kindness and his expertise in beating breast cancer make him a great doctor.

Nov 23rd, 2009

Dr. Citron and his entire staff were absolutely wonderful. Cannot say enough nice things about each and everyone of them. Going through cancer and chemo is devastating but Dr. Citron and his staff made it bearable. So much kindness and compassion, I don't know if I could have made it through without them.

|  Citron Marc Md is a great oncologist.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 11th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Not only is Marc Citron an outstanding oncologist, but he is a very caring and attentive doctor. To those patients whose very lives are in ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Wonderful doctor...wonderful person  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2008

Dr. Citron is my oncologist. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2007 and underwent chemotherapy in Dr. Citron's care. I cannot say enough good words about this extremely knowledgeable and caring man. He saved my life...I am eternally grateful.

|  Outstanding  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2008

There are few Doctors as caring as Dr. Citron. I always felt Dr. Citron had no one else to see but me. He answered every question I had in his soft-spoken, caring manner.

Oct 1st, 2008

very caring and highly intelligent doctor

by K. Masi on Sep 22nd, 2008

Great doctor. Soft spoke, extremely responsive to concerns - excellent with family members. Never too busy to talk - always returnss phone calls with the day.

Jun 13th, 2008

Dr. Citron was very caring, very concerned about how I was feeling while undergoing chemo and was always available for questions when needed. He is a very intelligent, soft-spoken, caring oncologist who I would recommend.