Dr. Marc Colton MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Mine Hill, NJ

3.9

May 21st, 2016
Lobulization on Kidney dismissed as "inflammation"
It's funny how two doctors can dramatically interpret the findings of a CT scan so differently. I went to Dr. Colten with the results of a CT scan from the Morristown Medical Center ER department. On the scan it said there was a "lobulization" on the right kidney. Dr. Colten dismissed it as "inflammation" and scheduled me for a lithotripsy to take care of the kidney stone that had sent me to the ER in the first place. I had a stent in place and was in bad shape. Leading up to the visit with Colton, I had been seeing many specialists because I kept getting worse and had learned to get copies of my records for me to read. I knew a "lobulization" wasn't a normal finding and was glad to finally have something to go on. So I was hesitant to write it off as inflammation. I also have bleeding issues in my family where treatment is needed for something like a lithotripsy. When I brought this up to Dr. Colton, he threw his arms up in the air, waved my chart around and said "now you're telling me you have bleeding issues? I don't believe you!" I left the office in tears not knowing what to do, with a painful stent in place, a report that said I had a lobulization on my kidney and a doctor who didn't believe me! I sat in my car and looked up another urologist who was able to see me the very next day. She read the SAME report and ordered a cat scan with contrast saying, "this is very important. We need to follow up on this." To make a long story short - the "lobulization" was kidney cancer! A plum sized tumor that was "at the point where these things cause trouble." I ended up having a partial nephrectomy in Philadelphia by a world leading urologist three months after I saw Dr. Colton. I shudder to think what could've happened had I had a lithotripsy done on a kidney with a cancerous tumor! There was no excuse for the way I was treated by Dr. Colton. I was a very sick and COMPLIANT patient since all I wanted was to feel better and I knew something was terribly wrong. I had lots of symptoms and was failing fast. I've had doctors who don't have the best bedside manners but are still excellent diagnosticians. And I would recommend them highly. But to have someone right off a report with certifiable results AND treat the patient as I was treated is inexcusable and dangerous. Thanks to the urologist who lead me to her mentor at the Hospital of the Univeristy of Pennsylvania I am cancer free today and very, very lucky.

March 12th, 2016
Excellent
Dr. Colton deserves every positive accolade an d more!! Very difficult to find such excellence in all areas!!!

January 23rd, 2012
Dr Mark
Dr. Marc is an amazing man. He gave me a second chance at life.

December 6th, 2010
Dr Rushed through the appointment, Staff is RUDE
I went for an appointment at Dr. Colton's Denville location, the wait time was minimal but the staff was not pleasant. I had to call my Dr's office to send test results over a few days prior, and I figured they would do so. Dr. Colton's staff did not contact me prior to the appointment to let me know they had not received the paperwork so when I showed up for my appointment, I received attitude from the staff for the paperwork not being in. Then the Dr prescribed a CT scan at a local hospital, I showed up for my appointment only to find out Dr. Colton's office did not verify the appointment with my insurance. When I called Dr. Colton's office to find out why, they informed me that they didnt know I made the appointment ... MAJOR attitude for that as well (I was never told by the staff that I had to contact them once I made the appointment for the CT scan). Overall, Dr. Colton is OK but his staff made the experience horrendous.

March 17th, 2010
CINDY ALLEN
HE IS SAVING MY LIFE, WHAT MORE IS THERE TO SAY. HE IS A KIND DOCTOR AND CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. THE DAY I FOUND OUT I HAD A TUMOR I FELL APART, BUT WITH IS REASSURING WORDS, WITHIN A FEW MINUTES HE PICKED UP SEVERAL PIECES. GOD BLESS DR. COLTON, FOREVER MY DOCTOR AND FRIEND