Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

A profound thank you for improving greatly my quality of life . show details A profound thank you for improving greatly my quality of life .
by Carl S. on Aug 25th, 2016

Before commenting I read all the reviews on this site . All but two are 5 stars . The other two I wonder if they even know what planet they are on. However I digress. I have had the rare fortune of Dr. Davison performing not one but two surgical procedures on me less than 2 years apart. The first time Kaiser transported me from Irvine to Anaheim so this man could help me . I did not know how lucky I was at the time . Fast forward to my second encounter with Dr. Davison . I had been suffering from acute Achalasia for approximately 7 months which made my quality of life miserable . Now to qualify this I had a cancer episode in 1992 which was cured with radiation and my second encounter was diagnosed in 2005 which I underwent Chemo with 3 chemo drugs for a total of 288 hrs hospitalized. I also had 40 radiation treatments which was stretched out over a good part of that year. ( malignant Thymoma cancer) . In my experience Achalasia was worse . This surgeon CARES and takes care of business like no other that I have ever dealt with. ( I have had 3 other surgeons in my life experience . NONE compare . A professional and caring human being in every sense.

Excellent Surgeon! show details Excellent Surgeon!
by Zen M. on Aug 17th, 2016

I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 2008. I have never been scared like this all my life, not to mention the fact that I never smoke. There were 2 surgeons recommended to me. I asked my peers about the credentials of the 2 surgeons, and the unanimous response was Dr. Davison was the right doctor for me. Before the surgery, I was informed that a part of my left lower lung will be removed, but to dismay my whole left lung was removed. He explained to me that it was the best thing to do at that time. True enough, I am cancer free. I'ts been eight (8) years, and I owe my life to Dr. Davison. He is the most compassionate doctor. He listens and takes time to attend to all my questions and concerns during the 1st five years of my treatments and follow-up appointments. Up to this writing, every time I see him, he is still the same kind- hearted Surgeon. I am forever grateful to Dr. Davison for saving my life!

Excellent Surgeon - Great Guy show details Excellent Surgeon - Great Guy
by Gary Cattelino on Aug 12th, 2016

Dr. Davidson has performed two lung surgeries on me in the past three years. My first surgery was in 2013, and Dr. Davidson removed a small tumor via a wedge resection. Dr. Davidson used interventional radiology to insert a guide wire into my lung to help him find the tumor. When it came time to perform the lung surgery, the guide wire fell out, so there was no guide to help find the tumor! It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. To be fair, Dr. Davidson did warn me the guide wire could fall out, but of course I didn't think much about that at the time. Good thing I was knocked out in the OR, as I'm sure I would have panicked. Dr. Davidson didn't panic, and somehow found the tumor and removed it with negative margins. My recent surgery was in July 2016. This time it was a lobectomy. I think your Doctor's skill and care always show themselves when something unexpected happens, and based on my first surgery I had 100% confidence in Dr. Davidson to handle any situation that might come up. This time I had a couple of issues, and Dr. Davidson handled them quickly and made sure they were taken care of. The day after my surgery I had some violent coughing which opened one of my wounds. Dr. Davidson scheduled me for the OR at 7:30am the next day to make sure he was in the proper setting to take care of my wound. Being a very busy surgeon, I'm sure he had to juggle some things to get me in the OR again, but he made it happen to ensure I was properly taken care of. Over my last two surgeries I've got to know Dr. Davidson a bit personally. We share a love of classic rock music, and I appreciate his dry sense of humor which can be very effective to help lighten a situation. What other surgeon will play Pink Floyd in the OR for you as you are going under for your operation!!? I've learned that surgery very rarely goes as expected, and you need a doctor that can handle all the situations that might come up. Dr. Davidson is just such a surgeon - excellent for the expected and excellent for the unexpected.

The Epitome of Excellence show details The Epitome of Excellence
by Patricia Truesdall on Jul 21st, 2016

We may not have got off on the right foot however I quickly understood and could see Dr. Davison was the only choice for saving my husband's life. We were facing something far bigger than imaginable and felt our worst fears had come true when he was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. Although it felt as though we had hit a brick wall, it was then that God gave us the best Thoracic Surgeon and our Angel, Marc Davison. If we had questions and believe me, I did, he never hesitated to answer them. He has always been by our side and there was never a doubt that he wanted the best for my husband as much as I did. He made it abundantly clear that he wanted him to have a long life well after the surgery and this battle was won and that he would always be there. His sense of humor was perfectly matched to my husband, therefore keeping him positive and even going so far as to say my husband enjoyed the entire experience, all due to Dr. Davison. He didn't just stop by for a quick visit on his rounds, but came several times during the day and night, always giving us the information on tests and to just say hello, how are things going, etc. There may have been a couple of times when his bedside manner was a bit brisk but I quickly realized we aren't the only game in town, however he is truly a very warm, caring physician who only wants nothing but the best for his patients but also the family members. As we got to know him I can say he has a most engaging personality, to say the least and he continues to have our deepest appreciation and respect. In fact, I have often said, he absolutely walks on water in our book. So if you are looking for, not just the best Thoracic Surgeon, but a totally committed, invested and deep caring person overall to handle your situation, look no further than Marc Davison. To this day, we enjoy a friendship with Dr. Davison and we thank God for him every day. You only have to look to Kaiser Permanente in Anaheim, who is very fortunate to have him. Our deepest gratitude and admiration for Dr. Davison.

Patent show details Patent
by Rchard Gorski on Jul 19th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Davison for approximately 2years now. I say a prayer nightly that he was initially assigned to handle my medical condition which ranged from a cancerous tumor to a bronchial infection of my lung.. God treated me with special attention when we were matched up. His care goes far beyond the clinical care I received. He made himself available on weekends to treat on at least 3 occasions thru the emergency department treatment I would not have normally had access to for several weeks into the future. He took the extra steps to ensure I was being treated. I felt he was treating me as he would have a member of his own family. I love this man. I would have no problem in recommending him to family and friends.

A Positive Experience with a Surgeon! Who woulda thought? show details A Positive Experience with a Surgeon! Who woulda thought?
by David Tubbs on Jun 27th, 2016

Dr. Davison was brought in by my Neurosurgeon when I was in crisis. He quickly and correctly diagnosed my problem, explained it all in patient, layman's English & treated me. A week later, I was back in the hands of my neurosurgeon, ready to pursue my other health issues, which are many. AND he has a sense of humor -- I can't explain a surgeon having a positive bedside manner, but there it is!

The best surgeon I have come across. show details The best surgeon I have come across.
by Redav D. on Jun 23rd, 2016

Wow. Just wow. Dr. Davison is hands down the best surgeon I have ever come across. Not only was he very attentive and compassionate, but he went above and beyond his call of duty. He would see me at times on days when he didn't even have clinic and would often call me himself with updates on my condition. I'm not normally one to exaggerate, but Dr. Davison is probably the best surgeon I have ever come across. Ever.

Who does that? Dr. Davison does! show details Who does that? Dr. Davison does!
by Deborah Boone on Jun 3rd, 2016

I had esophageal cancer. Dr. Davison was/is my surgeon. He was straight with me from the very first consultation. He explained in detail and answered all my questions about the surgery I was required to undergo. Preparing me for exactly what was to happen. He was compassionate in the weeks prior to surgery and the morning of surgery took the time to pray with me. Who does that? Dr. Davison does! After surgery, my hospital stay required was 11 days. Dr. Davison came to check on me personally 3 -4 times a day! Who does that? Dr. Davison does! The day he removed my NG tube - I told him I was ready for food - he ran to the cafeteria and brought me some gelatin and celebrated with me my ability to finally eat. Who does that? Dr. Davison does! After my release, Dr. Davison called to check up on me every day for the first week. During one of our calls, I was having a hard time not being able to stop coughing. He met me in the ER an hour later. Arranged a special test to make sure that I was ok. Who does that? Well, I'm sure that a lot of doctors do, but Dr. Davison surely made me feel like I was important. I can't say enough about this man. Not only did he treat me well, with compassion and care, his surgical skills are not to be surpassed. I have recovered well. I believe that positivity is most important with major life changing surgeries and Dr. Davison has kept me in that spirit with his laugh and positive attitude. In my many follow up visits with him, I am encouraged each and every visit. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Davison to my friends and family. I trust him with my life.

Achalasia - Heller Myotomy show details Achalasia - Heller Myotomy
by Mitch Wright on Jun 2nd, 2016

Dr Davison was the best! He saved my life. His staff was very helpful and everything went as he planned. I had been diagnosed with Achalasia and Dr Davison performed a Heller Myotomy on me. Cannot say enough. I had a great experience under difficult circumstances.

by Judy Janesic on May 26th, 2016

At what was a very stressful time in our lives Dr. Davison put both myself and my husband at ease with his professional and warm bedside manner. He was very thorough explaining with confidence the procedures that I would be having and ordering all the necessary tests to be sure that the surgery would be a success. The surgery was a success and I was able to go home on the third day after surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Davison to anyone that asked.

by Bev on May 26th, 2016

I loved Dr Davison. He's straight forward and doesn't sugar coat the truth which is the way I like facts given. He's funny and gave me confidence that this procedure would give me a better quality of life.

One in a million and a great surgeon too! show details One in a million and a great surgeon too!
by Robert Thompson on May 12th, 2016

About a year ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. My Pulmonary Specialist at Kaiser referred me to a Thoracic Surgeon for treatment. She advised me that Doctor Marc Davison was one of the best in the business and I had nothing to worry about. She said I would be in good hands with him. Needless to say, I was very apprehensive about being diagnosed with this deadly disease and in the prospect of having a lobe of my lung removed. However, after my per-surgery consultation with Dr. Davison I felt much at ease. He was very reassuring that my surgery would be successful and that I would soon recover and return back to a normal life. I trusted him and had faith he was the right doctor for me. I loved Dr. Davison's professionalism, wisdom, sense of humor and self-confidence, I really needed that at that point in my life as I was feeling rather hopeless. His willingness to spend as much time with me as I needed and to answer all my questions, no matter how trivial, was simply amazing. I never felt rushed or that he was becoming impatient with me. His post-op follow-up with me both in the hospital and post discharge has been outstanding. He does really care about his patients. My surgery was a huge success, no complications, and I'm cancer free at this point thanks to Dr. Davison. I feel I owe my life to him and for that I'll always be grateful. He's more than just my doctor, I consider him to be my friend. Dr. Davison even went the extra mile with me and recommended I pursue a claim with the VA for Agent Orange Exposure which occurred while I served with the Marines in Vietnam in 1968. The VA has since granted my claim because lung cancer is apparently considered by them as a presumptive disease of AO exposure. Thanks Doctor Davison!

I wish every Dr. Treated me like family... show details I wish every Dr. Treated me like family...
by Jessica Gonzales on May 9th, 2016

I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have had Dr. Davison as my thoracic surgeon. During such a scary, up and down-roller-coaster experience Dr. Davison always kept me hopeful that everything out be alright. During my hospital stay after surgery, he was very tentative and treated me as if I were a member of his own family. He talked to me straight, yet brought me so much comfort. I genuinely wish I could have himade as my primary care doctor! He's just the best. He's extremely good at what he does...but just has a heart for what he does, and his patients.

by Patrick M Flanagan on May 8th, 2016

Dr Marc Davison is a no nonsense Thoracic Surgeon with an engaging personality. He performed an esophagogastrectomy (esophagus/stomach) on me and the results have been excellent to this point. He has been with me through the ups and downs associated with major surgery with my health and quality of life of major importance to him and something he continually emphasizes. In my humble opinion Dr Davison is at the top of his game in all aspects of this surgery and aftercare. I have a ways to go before I come through this to the other side but I am blessed to have him step in step with me through this journey. Thank you Dr. Davison...

Extraordinary Doctor show details Extraordinary Doctor
by Suzanne Wernicke on May 1st, 2016

Dr. Marc Davison covers all of the bases superbly: his excellent surgical skills are directed towards the best possible outcome; he is a good listener; he clearly and honestly answers questions; he is very attentive to post-operative follow-up care; and his kindness and humor help alleviate stress. My surgical procedure was uncommon and complicated which makes me all the more fortunate Dr. Davison was my doctor. My outcome was successful and I highly recommend him!

Great doctor: very focused and very professional show details Great doctor: very focused and very professional
by Carmen R. on Apr 25th, 2016

As a patient of Dr. Marc Jason Davison, I want to report the excellent care I have received. I was diagnosed with lung cancer more than a year ago and the recommended treatment was removing one of my lungs. Dr. Davison patiently explained the procedure to me and thoroughly answered all of my questions. After he answered all of my questions, I was still a little scared of the operation. He then introduced me to one of his patients who had gone through similar surgery, and I felt much better. I appreciated Dr. Davison taking that extra step. Before, during, and after the procedure, I felt very well cared for by Dr. Davison. I am glad he is my surgeon.

by Edward Cote on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison was very thorough in discussing my husband's lung biopsy procedure. He did not rush us through and answered all our questions. He put us at ease and has a compassionate bedside manner. He is highly respected among his peers, and we had constant reassurance when asked who my husband's surgeon would be.

Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend! show details Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend!
by Nicole Lucio on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison is an excellent surgeon that is caring and compassionate. Dr. Davison operated on my mother and one of the things that really stood out about him was the attention that he gave my mom before and after surgery. He answered several of my families’ questions and never seemed rushed or annoyed by the several questions. He took the time to make sure we all were at peace and that we were all comfortable leading up to the surgery. After the surgery, he continued to closely watch my mother and as well he watched that the entire family was comfortable. I will always be grateful to Dr. Davison for the care he gave my mother and for allowing her to still be here with us. Thank you Dr. Davison for just being you and for being such a delight to be around. I am thankful that you were the surgeon that operated on her. I would highly recommend Dr. Davison to others.

Successful surgery from a great doctor show details Successful surgery from a great doctor
by J. Chamberlin on Apr 18th, 2016

In February, my husband was hospitalized due to complications from pneumonia. He was discharged from the hospital, but after a few weeks he developed pleural effusion of the lung and returned to the hospital for diagnosis and treatment. We considered TPA or decortication surgery as options. Since my husband was so critical a month earlier, he was very concerned about undergoing surgery. We met with his surgeon, Dr. Davison, to discuss our concerns. Dr. Davison was straightforward and forthcoming in our discussion. He was frank, but a very good listener. He treated my husband as an equal in the conversation and addressed all of his questions. My husband and I felt that Dr. Davison provided a truthful explanation of the risks and benefits from the surgery. No smoke and mirrors, just honest answers. We elected to move forward with the decortication. After a successful surgery, Dr. Davison visited my husband three times in the hospital. Once discharged, Dr. Davison called us at home to check on the patient and our post-op visit was warm and encouraging. Dr. Davison is a fine surgeon and a fine man. My husband was in good hands.

I am alive show details I am alive
by Tim Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

I do not typically engage with social media because of the lack of accountability most postings demonstrate. I deemed it necessary to engage on this site due to apparent missed focus by others' entries. The basic desired outcome of the medical situation we have been through is survival. Dr. Davison saved my life. I call that success. I don't get other survivors sniveling about communications with Dr. Davison. He communicates clearly, removing opportunities for misunderstanding. If one does not like the message, that does not equal poor bedside manner, but rather the seriousness of our medical predicament. Dr. Davison has deep concern for my well being, my quality of life, and my absolute understanding of my issue, my solution and what I should expect post surgery. Exactly what I needed to know to resolve my concerns for this journey to rejoin life. I also find him to be a warm and delightful person.

by Luke Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

Dr. Davison is efficient and very effective. He has been an outstanding surgeon performing my father's surgery and monitoring his post surgery treatment to ensure extended quality of life. Always takes the time to make sure my father understands his options and dagnosis thoroughly. In a world that is fast paced and filled with tough conversations about less than ideal news Dr. Davison has built a relationship with my father built on trust and personal facts. Dr. Davison always takes the time over the phone or passing in the hall to check in and make sure my father is getting the care he deserves.

by Linda Snodgrass on Mar 29th, 2016

I was diagnosed with lung cancer two and half years ago. Because of Dr. Davison, I am alive today. This doctor is one of the most caring, compassionate, straight-forward docs. He saw me each day I was in the hospital after surgery and followed up with me two days after being home. He just wanted to make sure I wasn't having any problems. I've never had a doctor call just to check on me. He and his staff really care about we patients. I feel so safe in his care. I felt so lucky that he was my surgeon. He explained everything to me about the surgery and my after-care at home. After being home for 3 days, I started back on my walking program and was surprised how quick I recovered. I continue to see Dr. Davision, he wants to make sure I'm always taken care of and moving forward. With this doctor, there is life after cancer. If you want a top-notch, caring and compassionate doctor, this is your guy. I am so grateful to him for all he has done and continues to do for me. He is direct, but don't make the mistake of thinking he doesn't care, he cares as if you were his family member. Come to think of it, he does make you feel like family and you can be assured of getting the highest degree of care being in his hands. I have met some of his other patients, and we all are grateful for Dr. Davison. Thank you for my life Dr. Davison.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by J.Martinez on Apr 18th, 2015

Dr. Davison is an EXCELLENT surgeon that saved my life! I couldn't of been so thankful to have Dr. Davison as my surgeon. He is a straight forward MD that is awesome in what he does. He is the only thoracic surgeon in OC for Kaiser, which says a lot.. I couldn't of had a better surgeon that I felt confident about. I had such a great experience from Dr. Davison., from my pre -op, surgery and post op appointments. He visited me daily in the hospital and always letting me know what the next step was going to be. My concern before surgery wasn't about how he was going to "talk" to me. It was about if he was going to do a good job and save my life! I came home in 3 days and recovered beautifully thanks to Dr. Davison. I would highly recommend this surgeon to family and friends.

Apr 13th, 2015

He has the worst bed side manner ever and kaiser should be ashamed that they let him speake to people this way! No compassion what do ever!! I could not imagine letting that man operate on a human being!! I am writing here and contacting Kaiser as well!

Feb 16th, 2015

Excellent lung surgeon.

Very poor bedside manner show details Very poor bedside manner
by Daughter of patient on May 17th, 2013

Unfortunately, this doctor was not compassionate, had a cold and callous attitude toward my father and displayed no tact whatsoever. When a doctor speaks about you as if you are not in the room, he makes you feel like you are just a number and not a person. He made us feel like an inconvenience. He showed no empathy. His skills as a surgeon may be excellent, but a doctor should care about the total well-being of his patient. My father left his office very discouraged about his illness and with a heavier burden than he already had. Doctors should never steal hope from a patient no matter what the prognosis is. Compassion and understanding go a long way in helping to ease your patients' fears. This doctor displayed neither.

butcher show details butcher