Dr. Marc Davison MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 6th, 2016
I was recently diagnosed with Thymoma. After googling treatment, I was nervous to learn that standard treatment involved a sternotomy for complete tumor removal. I was put at ease during my very first visit with Dr Davison. His personality is upbeat, he tells it like it is but with compassion. He has an amazing ability of making you feel like you are his priority. He was patient with me, answered all of my questions two and three times over. I never felt rushed. We discussed the possibility of VATS procedure vs a Sternotomy (more invasive). I understood complete resection with clear margins was our goal regardless of which procedure would be used. Dr Davison was able to produce just that... complete (stage III) tumor removal with clear margins via VATS. I am confident that Dr Davison's skill and ability is the reason I am Cancer free. I continue to feel like I am a priority of his, even during my recovery stage. He is always available to answer any questions or concerns I have. I am so grateful to Dr Davison and his staff!

November 26th, 2016
Best Surgeon in town. awesome human being....

November 16th, 2016
Excellent surgeon

November 6th, 2016
I think this doctor is amazing. I had an easy recovery after surgery with little pain and none after just a couple days. I found him friendly and calming.

November 4th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon - Great Guy
Dr. Davidson has performed two lung surgeries on me in the past three years. My first surgery was in 2013, and Dr. Davidson removed a small tumor via a wedge resection. Dr. Davidson used interventional radiology to insert a guide wire into my lung to help him find the tumor. When it came time to perform the lung surgery, the guide wire fell out, so there was no guide to help find the tumor! It was like looking for a needle in a haystack. To be fair, Dr. Davidson did warn me the guide wire could fall out, but of course I didn't think much about that at the time. Good thing I was knocked out in the OR, as I'm sure I would have panicked. Dr. Davidson didn't panic, and somehow found the tumor and removed it with negative margins. My recent surgery was in July 2016. This time it was a lobectomy. I think your Doctor's skill and care always show themselves when something unexpected happens, and based on my first surgery I had 100% confidence in Dr. Davidson to handle any situation that might come up. This time I had a couple of issues, and Dr. Davidson handled them quickly and made sure they were taken care of. The day after my surgery I had some violent coughing which opened one of my wounds. Dr. Davidson scheduled me for the OR at 7:30am the next day to make sure he was in the proper setting to take care of my wound. Being a very busy surgeon, I'm sure he had to juggle some things to get me in the OR again, but he made it happen to ensure I was properly taken care of. Over my last two surgeries I've got to know Dr. Davidson a bit personally. We share a love of classic rock music, and I appreciate his dry sense of humor which can be very effective to help lighten a situation. What other surgeon will play Pink Floyd in the OR for you as you are going under for your operation!!? I've learned that surgery very rarely goes as expected, and you need a doctor that can handle all the situations that might come up. Dr. Davidson is just such a surgeon - excellent for the expected and excellent for the unexpected.

October 22nd, 2016
Excellent Surgeon - Great Guy

October 17th, 2016
Gave me what I always dreamed up.. Sweat-Free in my Hands
It was nice to hear that someone was actually going to give me what i really wanted for a change. He was very straight to the point and the surgery was minor. Recovery was quick, but there are side effects (like sweating in different areas). Overall, you get results right away. I will not forget this day when he gave me hope to this cure.

September 9th, 2016
I recently had surgery by Dr Davison on Sept 6th. He removed my bottom left lung which had a tumor and infection in it. He is a wonderful Doctor! His sense of humor and positive outlook on life had me wanting to stay at the hospital longer than my 3 night stay! He not only was extremely thorough in explaining what he was going to do/ did, he stopped by my room 2 to 3 times per day to check in on me. Even on his birthday! I highly recommend this amazing doctor to any one who needs to go in for lung surgery. I miss the staff already!

September 6th, 2016
A great surgeon!!
Dr. D is not only an excellent surgeon, but is also an amazing person who cares for his patients. Recently Dr. D and his team performed a Modified Heller Myotomy on me for my diagnosis for Achalasia. He presented the facts of the diagnosis to myself and my family during our pre-op and helped us understand the diagnosis as well as our options in a very clear and lament's terms manner. Dr. D's consultation regarding the diagnosis truly helped us make the right treatment decision. Dr. D's post-op visits confirmed his high level of care and commitment towards his patients. He along with his team did an excellent job taking care of not only me throughout my surgery, but also my family through this tough time. Thank you Dr. D for your service; you are truly gifted in your ability and we hope you continue to help others each day as you did for me.

September 1st, 2016
THANKS AND THANKS
We want to say thanks to his professional work and very nice person. no words can express our feeling. We love him.

August 25th, 2016
A profound thank you for improving greatly my quality of life .
Before commenting I read all the reviews on this site . All but two are 5 stars . The other two I wonder if they even know what planet they are on. However I digress. I have had the rare fortune of Dr. Davison performing not one but two surgical procedures on me less than 2 years apart. The first time Kaiser transported me from Irvine to Anaheim so this man could help me . I did not know how lucky I was at the time . Fast forward to my second encounter with Dr. Davison . I had been suffering from acute Achalasia for approximately 7 months which made my quality of life miserable . Now to qualify this I had a cancer episode in 1992 which was cured with radiation and my second encounter was diagnosed in 2005 which I underwent Chemo with 3 chemo drugs for a total of 288 hrs hospitalized. I also had 40 radiation treatments which was stretched out over a good part of that year. ( malignant Thymoma cancer) . In my experience Achalasia was worse . This surgeon CARES and takes care of business like no other that I have ever dealt with. ( I have had 3 other surgeons in my life experience . NONE compare . A professional and caring human being in every sense.

August 17th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon!
I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 2008. I have never been scared like this all my life, not to mention the fact that I never smoke. There were 2 surgeons recommended to me. I asked my peers about the credentials of the 2 surgeons, and the unanimous response was Dr. Davison was the right doctor for me. Before the surgery, I was informed that a part of my left lower lung will be removed, but to dismay my whole left lung was removed. He explained to me that it was the best thing to do at that time. True enough, I am cancer free. I'ts been eight (8) years, and I owe my life to Dr. Davison. He is the most compassionate doctor. He listens and takes time to attend to all my questions and concerns during the 1st five years of my treatments and follow-up appointments. Up to this writing, every time I see him, he is still the same kind- hearted Surgeon. I am forever grateful to Dr. Davison for saving my life!