Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Great doctor: very focused and very professional show details Great doctor: very focused and very professional
by Carmen R. on Apr 25th, 2016

As a patient of Dr. Marc Jason Davison, I want to report the excellent care I have received. I was diagnosed with lung cancer more than a year ago and the recommended treatment was removing one of my lungs. Dr. Davison patiently explained the procedure to me and thoroughly answered all of my questions. After he answered all of my questions, I was still a little scared of the operation. He then introduced me to one of his patients who had gone through similar surgery, and I felt much better. I appreciated Dr. Davison taking that extra step. Before, during, and after the procedure, I felt very well cared for by Dr. Davison. I am glad he is my surgeon.

by Edward Cote on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison was very thorough in discussing my husband's lung biopsy procedure. He did not rush us through and answered all our questions. He put us at ease and has a compassionate bedside manner. He is highly respected among his peers, and we had constant reassurance when asked who my husband's surgeon would be.

Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend! show details Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend!
by Nicole Lucio on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison is an excellent surgeon that is caring and compassionate. Dr. Davison operated on my mother and one of the things that really stood out about him was the attention that he gave my mom before and after surgery. He answered several of my families’ questions and never seemed rushed or annoyed by the several questions. He took the time to make sure we all were at peace and that we were all comfortable leading up to the surgery. After the surgery, he continued to closely watch my mother and as well he watched that the entire family was comfortable. I will always be grateful to Dr. Davison for the care he gave my mother and for allowing her to still be here with us. Thank you Dr. Davison for just being you and for being such a delight to be around. I am thankful that you were the surgeon that operated on her. I would highly recommend Dr. Davison to others.

Successful surgery from a great doctor show details Successful surgery from a great doctor
by J. Chamberlin on Apr 18th, 2016

In February, my husband was hospitalized due to complications from pneumonia. He was discharged from the hospital, but after a few weeks he developed pleural effusion of the lung and returned to the hospital for diagnosis and treatment. We considered TPA or decortication surgery as options. Since my husband was so critical a month earlier, he was very concerned about undergoing surgery. We met with his surgeon, Dr. Davison, to discuss our concerns. Dr. Davison was straightforward and forthcoming in our discussion. He was frank, but a very good listener. He treated my husband as an equal in the conversation and addressed all of his questions. My husband and I felt that Dr. Davison provided a truthful explanation of the risks and benefits from the surgery. No smoke and mirrors, just honest answers. We elected to move forward with the decortication. After a successful surgery, Dr. Davison visited my husband three times in the hospital. Once discharged, Dr. Davison called us at home to check on the patient and our post-op visit was warm and encouraging. Dr. Davison is a fine surgeon and a fine man. My husband was in good hands.

I am alive show details I am alive
by Tim Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

I do not typically engage with social media because of the lack of accountability most postings demonstrate. I deemed it necessary to engage on this site due to apparent missed focus by others' entries. The basic desired outcome of the medical situation we have been through is survival. Dr. Davison saved my life. I call that success. I don't get other survivors sniveling about communications with Dr. Davison. He communicates clearly, removing opportunities for misunderstanding. If one does not like the message, that does not equal poor bedside manner, but rather the seriousness of our medical predicament. Dr. Davison has deep concern for my well being, my quality of life, and my absolute understanding of my issue, my solution and what I should expect post surgery. Exactly what I needed to know to resolve my concerns for this journey to rejoin life. I also find him to be a warm and delightful person.

by Luke Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

Dr. Davison is efficient and very effective. He has been an outstanding surgeon performing my father's surgery and monitoring his post surgery treatment to ensure extended quality of life. Always takes the time to make sure my father understands his options and dagnosis thoroughly. In a world that is fast paced and filled with tough conversations about less than ideal news Dr. Davison has built a relationship with my father built on trust and personal facts. Dr. Davison always takes the time over the phone or passing in the hall to check in and make sure my father is getting the care he deserves.

by Linda Snodgrass on Mar 29th, 2016

I was diagnosed with lung cancer two and half years ago. Because of Dr. Davison, I am alive today. This doctor is one of the most caring, compassionate, straight-forward docs. He saw me each day I was in the hospital after surgery and followed up with me two days after being home. He just wanted to make sure I wasn't having any problems. I've never had a doctor call just to check on me. He and his staff really care about we patients. I feel so safe in his care. I felt so lucky that he was my surgeon. He explained everything to me about the surgery and my after-care at home. After being home for 3 days, I started back on my walking program and was surprised how quick I recovered. I continue to see Dr. Davision, he wants to make sure I'm always taken care of and moving forward. With this doctor, there is life after cancer. If you want a top-notch, caring and compassionate doctor, this is your guy. I am so grateful to him for all he has done and continues to do for me. He is direct, but don't make the mistake of thinking he doesn't care, he cares as if you were his family member. Come to think of it, he does make you feel like family and you can be assured of getting the highest degree of care being in his hands. I have met some of his other patients, and we all are grateful for Dr. Davison. Thank you for my life Dr. Davison.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by J.Martinez on Apr 18th, 2015

Dr. Davison is an EXCELLENT surgeon that saved my life! I couldn't of been so thankful to have Dr. Davison as my surgeon. He is a straight forward MD that is awesome in what he does. He is the only thoracic surgeon in OC for Kaiser, which says a lot.. I couldn't of had a better surgeon that I felt confident about. I had such a great experience from Dr. Davison., from my pre -op, surgery and post op appointments. He visited me daily in the hospital and always letting me know what the next step was going to be. My concern before surgery wasn't about how he was going to "talk" to me. It was about if he was going to do a good job and save my life! I came home in 3 days and recovered beautifully thanks to Dr. Davison. I would highly recommend this surgeon to family and friends.

Apr 13th, 2015

He has the worst bed side manner ever and kaiser should be ashamed that they let him speake to people this way! No compassion what do ever!! I could not imagine letting that man operate on a human being!! I am writing here and contacting Kaiser as well!

Feb 16th, 2015

Excellent lung surgeon.

Very poor bedside manner show details Very poor bedside manner
by Daughter of patient on May 17th, 2013

Unfortunately, this doctor was not compassionate, had a cold and callous attitude toward my father and displayed no tact whatsoever. When a doctor speaks about you as if you are not in the room, he makes you feel like you are just a number and not a person. He made us feel like an inconvenience. He showed no empathy. His skills as a surgeon may be excellent, but a doctor should care about the total well-being of his patient. My father left his office very discouraged about his illness and with a heavier burden than he already had. Doctors should never steal hope from a patient no matter what the prognosis is. Compassion and understanding go a long way in helping to ease your patients' fears. This doctor displayed neither.

butcher show details butcher