Surgical Specialist, Cardiothoracic Surgeon

Dr. Davison was God's gift to us show details Dr. Davison was God's gift to us
by Patricia Truesdall on May 28th, 2016

We didn't exactly get off on the right foot and when I look back on it, I can't help but smile. He was a bit irritated with me and rightfully so as I was impatient, anxious and quite frankly a bit too emotional. On July 13, 2011 we found that my husband had lung cancer and that it was a very large mass. I immediately went into research mode and prepared myself with numerous typed pages of questions. I learned very quickly that he was very understanding, empathetic and more than willing to take his time to answer all my questions, explain everything very openly and honestly and make sure we understood what we would be facing. We both felt so much more at ease and knew we were in the right hands. During the 7 months leading up to the actual surgery to remove the tumor he was at all times the most professional, dedicated, informative and patient Surgeon we could have asked for. Even when it appeared the door had been slammed for surgery, he made it very clear that he wanted this as much as we did and that if the situation were to change, he would be there for us and would make sure we didn't miss the window of opportunity to get the procedure done. He feels very deeply about each and every one of patients and wants nothing but the optimum goal of giving them every chance at life as is possible. I could go on and on but suffice it to say that although he may seem a bit rough around the edges at times it is only because of his deep desire to save and improve the life before him. We consider ourselves very blessed that God gifted us with the best surgeon and because of Dr. Davison my husband is now Cancer free since February 12, 2012. It was on this day he performed a 5 1/2 hour surgery and saved his life as well as giving him hope. We consider him, not just a great surgeon but an amazing friend who always continues to make us feel important to him personally. Anyone who is put in this situation should seek out Dr. Davison as they will never find a better surgeon. His past, current and future patients as well as the entire Kaiser Permanente organization is very fortunate to have him.

by Judy Janesic on May 26th, 2016

At what was a very stressful time in our lives Dr. Davison put both myself and my husband at ease with his professional and warm bedside manner. He was very thorough explaining with confidence the procedures that I would be having and ordering all the necessary tests to be sure that the surgery would be a success. The surgery was a success and I was able to go home on the third day after surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Davison to anyone that asked.

by Bev on May 26th, 2016

I loved Dr Davison. He's straight forward and doesn't sugar coat the truth which is the way I like facts given. He's funny and gave me confidence that this procedure would give me a better quality of life.

One in a million and a great surgeon too! show details One in a million and a great surgeon too!
by Robert Thompson on May 12th, 2016

About a year ago I was diagnosed with lung cancer. My Pulmonary Specialist at Kaiser referred me to a Thoracic Surgeon for treatment. She advised me that Doctor Marc Davison was one of the best in the business and I had nothing to worry about. She said I would be in good hands with him. Needless to say, I was very apprehensive about being diagnosed with this deadly disease and in the prospect of having a lobe of my lung removed. However, after my per-surgery consultation with Dr. Davison I felt much at ease. He was very reassuring that my surgery would be successful and that I would soon recover and return back to a normal life. I trusted him and had faith he was the right doctor for me. I loved Dr. Davison's professionalism, wisdom, sense of humor and self-confidence, I really needed that at that point in my life as I was feeling rather hopeless. His willingness to spend as much time with me as I needed and to answer all my questions, no matter how trivial, was simply amazing. I never felt rushed or that he was becoming impatient with me. His post-op follow-up with me both in the hospital and post discharge has been outstanding. He does really care about his patients. My surgery was a huge success, no complications, and I'm cancer free at this point thanks to Dr. Davison. I feel I owe my life to him and for that I'll always be grateful. He's more than just my doctor, I consider him to be my friend. Dr. Davison even went the extra mile with me and recommended I pursue a claim with the VA for Agent Orange Exposure which occurred while I served with the Marines in Vietnam in 1968. The VA has since granted my claim because lung cancer is apparently considered by them as a presumptive disease of AO exposure. Thanks Doctor Davison!

I wish every Dr. Treated me like family... show details I wish every Dr. Treated me like family...
by Jessica Gonzales on May 9th, 2016

I can't begin to express how thankful I am to have had Dr. Davison as my thoracic surgeon. During such a scary, up and down-roller-coaster experience Dr. Davison always kept me hopeful that everything out be alright. During my hospital stay after surgery, he was very tentative and treated me as if I were a member of his own family. He talked to me straight, yet brought me so much comfort. I genuinely wish I could have himade as my primary care doctor! He's just the best. He's extremely good at what he does...but just has a heart for what he does, and his patients.

by Patrick M Flanagan on May 8th, 2016

Dr Marc Davison is a no nonsense Thoracic Surgeon with an engaging personality. He performed an esophagogastrectomy (esophagus/stomach) on me and the results have been excellent to this point. He has been with me through the ups and downs associated with major surgery with my health and quality of life of major importance to him and something he continually emphasizes. In my humble opinion Dr Davison is at the top of his game in all aspects of this surgery and aftercare. I have a ways to go before I come through this to the other side but I am blessed to have him step in step with me through this journey. Thank you Dr. Davison...

Extraordinary Doctor show details Extraordinary Doctor
by Suzanne Wernicke on May 1st, 2016

Dr. Marc Davison covers all of the bases superbly: his excellent surgical skills are directed towards the best possible outcome; he is a good listener; he clearly and honestly answers questions; he is very attentive to post-operative follow-up care; and his kindness and humor help alleviate stress. My surgical procedure was uncommon and complicated which makes me all the more fortunate Dr. Davison was my doctor. My outcome was successful and I highly recommend him!

Great doctor: very focused and very professional show details Great doctor: very focused and very professional
by Carmen R. on Apr 25th, 2016

As a patient of Dr. Marc Jason Davison, I want to report the excellent care I have received. I was diagnosed with lung cancer more than a year ago and the recommended treatment was removing one of my lungs. Dr. Davison patiently explained the procedure to me and thoroughly answered all of my questions. After he answered all of my questions, I was still a little scared of the operation. He then introduced me to one of his patients who had gone through similar surgery, and I felt much better. I appreciated Dr. Davison taking that extra step. Before, during, and after the procedure, I felt very well cared for by Dr. Davison. I am glad he is my surgeon.

by Edward Cote on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison was very thorough in discussing my husband's lung biopsy procedure. He did not rush us through and answered all our questions. He put us at ease and has a compassionate bedside manner. He is highly respected among his peers, and we had constant reassurance when asked who my husband's surgeon would be.

Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend! show details Excellent Surgeon and Highly Recommend!
by Nicole Lucio on Apr 24th, 2016

Dr. Davison is an excellent surgeon that is caring and compassionate. Dr. Davison operated on my mother and one of the things that really stood out about him was the attention that he gave my mom before and after surgery. He answered several of my families’ questions and never seemed rushed or annoyed by the several questions. He took the time to make sure we all were at peace and that we were all comfortable leading up to the surgery. After the surgery, he continued to closely watch my mother and as well he watched that the entire family was comfortable. I will always be grateful to Dr. Davison for the care he gave my mother and for allowing her to still be here with us. Thank you Dr. Davison for just being you and for being such a delight to be around. I am thankful that you were the surgeon that operated on her. I would highly recommend Dr. Davison to others.

Successful surgery from a great doctor show details Successful surgery from a great doctor
by J. Chamberlin on Apr 18th, 2016

In February, my husband was hospitalized due to complications from pneumonia. He was discharged from the hospital, but after a few weeks he developed pleural effusion of the lung and returned to the hospital for diagnosis and treatment. We considered TPA or decortication surgery as options. Since my husband was so critical a month earlier, he was very concerned about undergoing surgery. We met with his surgeon, Dr. Davison, to discuss our concerns. Dr. Davison was straightforward and forthcoming in our discussion. He was frank, but a very good listener. He treated my husband as an equal in the conversation and addressed all of his questions. My husband and I felt that Dr. Davison provided a truthful explanation of the risks and benefits from the surgery. No smoke and mirrors, just honest answers. We elected to move forward with the decortication. After a successful surgery, Dr. Davison visited my husband three times in the hospital. Once discharged, Dr. Davison called us at home to check on the patient and our post-op visit was warm and encouraging. Dr. Davison is a fine surgeon and a fine man. My husband was in good hands.

I am alive show details I am alive
by Tim Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

I do not typically engage with social media because of the lack of accountability most postings demonstrate. I deemed it necessary to engage on this site due to apparent missed focus by others' entries. The basic desired outcome of the medical situation we have been through is survival. Dr. Davison saved my life. I call that success. I don't get other survivors sniveling about communications with Dr. Davison. He communicates clearly, removing opportunities for misunderstanding. If one does not like the message, that does not equal poor bedside manner, but rather the seriousness of our medical predicament. Dr. Davison has deep concern for my well being, my quality of life, and my absolute understanding of my issue, my solution and what I should expect post surgery. Exactly what I needed to know to resolve my concerns for this journey to rejoin life. I also find him to be a warm and delightful person.

by Luke Simendinger on Apr 8th, 2016

Dr. Davison is efficient and very effective. He has been an outstanding surgeon performing my father's surgery and monitoring his post surgery treatment to ensure extended quality of life. Always takes the time to make sure my father understands his options and dagnosis thoroughly. In a world that is fast paced and filled with tough conversations about less than ideal news Dr. Davison has built a relationship with my father built on trust and personal facts. Dr. Davison always takes the time over the phone or passing in the hall to check in and make sure my father is getting the care he deserves.

by Linda Snodgrass on Mar 29th, 2016

I was diagnosed with lung cancer two and half years ago. Because of Dr. Davison, I am alive today. This doctor is one of the most caring, compassionate, straight-forward docs. He saw me each day I was in the hospital after surgery and followed up with me two days after being home. He just wanted to make sure I wasn't having any problems. I've never had a doctor call just to check on me. He and his staff really care about we patients. I feel so safe in his care. I felt so lucky that he was my surgeon. He explained everything to me about the surgery and my after-care at home. After being home for 3 days, I started back on my walking program and was surprised how quick I recovered. I continue to see Dr. Davision, he wants to make sure I'm always taken care of and moving forward. With this doctor, there is life after cancer. If you want a top-notch, caring and compassionate doctor, this is your guy. I am so grateful to him for all he has done and continues to do for me. He is direct, but don't make the mistake of thinking he doesn't care, he cares as if you were his family member. Come to think of it, he does make you feel like family and you can be assured of getting the highest degree of care being in his hands. I have met some of his other patients, and we all are grateful for Dr. Davison. Thank you for my life Dr. Davison.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by J.Martinez on Apr 18th, 2015

Dr. Davison is an EXCELLENT surgeon that saved my life! I couldn't of been so thankful to have Dr. Davison as my surgeon. He is a straight forward MD that is awesome in what he does. He is the only thoracic surgeon in OC for Kaiser, which says a lot.. I couldn't of had a better surgeon that I felt confident about. I had such a great experience from Dr. Davison., from my pre -op, surgery and post op appointments. He visited me daily in the hospital and always letting me know what the next step was going to be. My concern before surgery wasn't about how he was going to "talk" to me. It was about if he was going to do a good job and save my life! I came home in 3 days and recovered beautifully thanks to Dr. Davison. I would highly recommend this surgeon to family and friends.

Apr 13th, 2015

He has the worst bed side manner ever and kaiser should be ashamed that they let him speake to people this way! No compassion what do ever!! I could not imagine letting that man operate on a human being!! I am writing here and contacting Kaiser as well!

Feb 16th, 2015

Excellent lung surgeon.

Very poor bedside manner show details Very poor bedside manner
by Daughter of patient on May 17th, 2013

Unfortunately, this doctor was not compassionate, had a cold and callous attitude toward my father and displayed no tact whatsoever. When a doctor speaks about you as if you are not in the room, he makes you feel like you are just a number and not a person. He made us feel like an inconvenience. He showed no empathy. His skills as a surgeon may be excellent, but a doctor should care about the total well-being of his patient. My father left his office very discouraged about his illness and with a heavier burden than he already had. Doctors should never steal hope from a patient no matter what the prognosis is. Compassion and understanding go a long way in helping to ease your patients' fears. This doctor displayed neither.

butcher show details butcher