Dr. Marc Feldstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 13th, 2016
Best Gyne Ever
Dr. Feldstein is hands down the best doctor I've ever had. He has a very straightforward approach, which is something I really appreciate in a Doctor. He is willing to share his suspicions with you before getting them confirmed (Spoiler Alert: He's usually spot on). He takes the time to really listen to your concerns and tries to find a solution. In my 15 years of seeing gynecologists, not one of them ever noticed or discovered a fairly serious biological flaw that would lead to me having a very risky pregnancy or delivery, instead chalking up my concerns to lack of experience or assuming I was just being 'overly sensitive'. Dr. Feldstein listened to me and got out a medical textbook to show me exactly what was up! I could tell we were both relived to have discovered the the source of the problem and were able to discuss realistic expectations and next steps on the spot. I would (and do) recommend him to every lady looking for a good gynecologist. 10/10.

July 19th, 2013
Great Doc
Dr. Feldstein is top notch in his field! He is the best Obgyn in Illinois. I would highly recommend him to any woman.

June 18th, 2013
Most caring
Dr. Feldstein clearly cared deeply about my health and my having a good healthy pregnancy. He is very straightforward and honest, and doesn't sugar coat anything. He clearly cares about you having the best outcome possible, and for you and your baby being safe and healthy. He really knows perimenopausal and menopausal issues so well, too. He always takes the time to make sure I'm asking all of the questions I have. He is the best.

March 5th, 2013
Zero vocation
This "doctor" has not love for his career. He treated me with zero tolerance. I went in concern for my health and instead of him listening to me and help me feel better he made me leave his office feeling like an animal after he yelled at me for not laying on the right position ... He even told me I was wasting his time! WHAT?! Unbelievable !

October 4th, 2011
Favorite Patient
Dr. Feldstein has been my Dr. for over 10 years and no matter how far I move, I will NEVER see anyone else. He is a great Dr. with great bedside manner. Caring and helped refer me to a great Ferility Dr. when I had trouble conceiving. My baby is now 7yrs old and I am so happy that Dr. Feldstein delivered him. I had a great delivery and will continue to see him and recommend him to other women.

July 27th, 2011
Great Dr.
Dr Feldstien has been my Dr. for over 17years. He delivered both of my children with great bedside manners. I was in car accident and when we called he told us to immediately get to the hospital to get checked out. He has always been straight forward and tells you the way it is. I do not like to have a Dr. hold my hand I want the truth and that is what he has always given me. He puts his patients first all the time.

April 21st, 2011
I've been a patient of Dr. Feldstein's since 1996. He's seen me through a miscarriage and delivered my two children. I cannot say enough good things about him and his practice. I've never reviewed a doctor before, but I read some of the negative ratings and am absolutely baffled by them. I think his bedside manner is terrific. He always takes the time to talk to me, find out how I'm doing, and put me at ease. When I had my miscarriage during my 1st pregnancy, he could not have been more compassionate or helpful. Basically, I went in for my 12 week appt., and there was no heartbeat. I had no other signs that I had miscarried. For my next two pregnancies, I was completely paranoid that something would go wrong with no sign. He made sure to have me in for early ultrasounds to see the heartbeat just to put my mind at ease. When I was in labor with my son, he came in to examine me and saw that my labor/delivery nurse was one who had been on a delivery with him just 2 days before. He complimented her, told her how happy he was to be working with her again, and told me what good hands I was in. When he left the room, the nurse told me that she and the other nurses love working with him, because he's one of the few doctors who ever acknowledge them or give them appreciate or thanks. On another occasion, after my children were born, I called his office because I thought I had a bladder infection. They told me to come it for a urine test to check it out, but that I didn't need an appointment or exam. Dr. Feldstein happened to see me in the hallway and asked what was up. When I told him, he showed me into an empty exam room, went and got my file, and squeezed me in for an exam. I think extremely highly of Dr. Feldstein and recommend him without reservation.

March 25th, 2011
Walking Lawsuit
This doctor insisted I start pitocin immediately upon getting to the hospital to have my baby. I told him I wanted to see what my body would do first. What followed were multiple phone calls to my labor room to pressure me into having pitocin and a couple visits to my room during which he pounded on my bed rail near my head while I was having a contraction, and with each pound of his fist said, "I NEED TO START PITOCIN NOW!" I could tell the rest of the hospital staff didn't like to work with him. I told my nurse I didn't want him touching my baby and she eagerly had him switched with another doctor. Later, another doctor told me "That guy is a jerk." Doctors never talk badly about each other to patients. But it's true, he's simply awful. I really don't understand how he could have a single good review. Run away as fast as you can from this one.

August 27th, 2010
Can't be better than Dr F
I noticed that Dr Feldstein had 3 stars so I had to write a review. I rarely do this. However, I have been a patient of Dr. F for 10 years and he has delivered my two boys and cannot say enough great things about him. Now I have not had any major health complications, but the one that I did have was a scare with my son's quad screenings. I had to have an CVS test and Dr Feldstein calmed my husband and my nerves and held our hands through the painful/scary process. I have referred three friends to Dr F and he has delivered all of their children. Both are thrilled with his service. Hopefully this helps you with your decision. Quite frankly, I don't think you can go wrong with anyone in the practice. But Dr. Feldstein is the best in my opinion.

May 12th, 2010
Bedside manner
He's great at being straight forward and telling you how it is, but sometimes it is not neccesary. For example, after almost 2 1/2 motnhs of bleeding in my first tri-mester, Dr. Feldstien told me the good news that I am finally in the clear and my chances of miscarriage are very miniscule, he then stated that I could always have a still birth. Not the best bedside manner when I am already emotional with my first child, and concerned that I may not carry. I could also get hit by bus but I don't go around worrying about it or mentioning it.

March 29th, 2010
Dr. Feldstein is a wonderful doctor. I have had the opportunity of being his patient for 3 years now. Explains things in an easy manner and friendly to talk to. Recently, I had to re-locate from Chicago but I still consult him as he's the doctor I can trust and count on. At the end of the day that's the kind of doctor you want.

December 28th, 2009
Great doctor but office is overflowing with pharmaceutical paraphernalia
Dr. Feldstein is great. He is a very caring man and knowledgeable doctor. I saw him for nearly 2 years after a cervical cancer scare and he was fabulous in treatment and aggressively followed up to ensure that I remained healthy. The staff are friendly and helpful. It is rare, however that he spends more than a few minutes with you. At every appointment I have felt that he was in a rush to get out to the next patient. In a larger complaint, I have felt that his office was often over run with pharmaceutical company freebies and I have on more than over occasion seen pharmaceutical reps coming in and out of the office. I understand that this is part and parcel of the medical industry now, but it should not affect the practice. And unfortunately had the experience of the doctor recommending a new birth control pill on the idea that was seemingly based on the coupons the representative had brought by (not based on medical concerns or my complaints of wanting to change pills). When I informed him that these were 2.5 times more expensive than my previous brand he said he hadn't known and understood my hesitation to switch (which I did not). However, at a later appointment he had forgotten that we'd had the previous conversation and suggested that I switch again (to which I politely declined). Additionally, I have seen boxes upon boxes from formula companies around the office (Did you know that it is in fact illegal for formula companies to directly contact expectant mothers or advertise?). This suggests to me that the doctors may not give adequate support breastfeeding mothers or have the knowledge to assist breastfeeding mothers and may be likely to suggest a mother switch to formula (instead of figuring out the problem and helping the mother breast-feed as long as possible which is always the healthiest option for both mother and baby). Overall, I would most certainly recommend Dr. Feldstein to anyone with an abnormal pap or cancer concerns. For anything else however I would say go elsewhere if you're seeking a more holistic or natural approach.