Dr. Marc Greenstein, DO

Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  One great Doctor  |  show details
by Michele Ferguson on Oct 21st, 2013

Dr Greenstein is a very caring, considerate and knowledgable Dr. He will go to the ends to find a cure for what is bothering you. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is funny which helps. He is also very helpful by way of insurances etc. He even offers holistic ideas if the patient would like to try them. I highly recommend him to anyone that needs a Urologist/Surgeon. I'm sending my parents there that's how much I trust him. His office staff is also fabulous anything you need they are right on top of it.

|  Caring Professional  |  show details
by Christine Carnavale on Sep 23rd, 2013

I first met Dr. Greenstein in hospital. and later at his office. He was very professional and had a caring attitude. Never rushed his visits and always wanted to be sure I or family members had no questions and understood what we had discussed. He works with my primary and my other doctors sharing test results and treatemt plans, He has a very reassurring smile and I feel very confident in his being my doctor. The office staff...receptionst is very cold and distant. indifferent attitude when i phoned the main office to make appt in Summit NO ONE there could give me directions to the office or where it was near. (next to Summit post office across from train station) NO ONE advised that there is parking in the rear so i rode around 25 mins looking for a metered parking space. Other patieny's family memebers had to leave to pay meter so they didnt know either about the parking. Dr Greenstein is so personable upbeat the staff just seemed to be dragging through a job they obviously dont like.Sad

|  Terrible Office Experience  |  show details
by A. Tapia on Aug 15th, 2013

I went to the Urology Group of NJ (UGNJ) office for an appointment with Dr. Greenstein, and never got to see the Doctor. We had a terrible experience with the office admin. After failing to validate our insurance because its effective date was a day before the visit, and as a result agreeing to pay for the visit out of pocket. As part of the registration process, she asked for a credit card, which we provided. A few minutes later she hands back the card, and a charge for $385. We asked how could she validate what to charge, if we had not even seen the doctor... and whether she ever went to a restaurant and got handed the bill, prior to even seeing the menu. Instead of explaining, the office admin proceeded to tell me that I was "getting into her space", and we needed to go the waiting area and speak to her supervisor... to which I responded by saying... Thank You, but we won't be seeing this doctor. Please refund my card! ... Just horrible office atmosphere!

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you had this experience. I have discussed this with my staff and corrections are being addressed. Dr. G

|  show details
Apr 4th, 2013

wrong diagnosis.did not like the idea when i suggested i would like another opinion. he was upset that i called in great pain on a saturday morning even though he was the covering dr. and was on vacation that morning. i was correctly diagnosed and needed surgery to correct the problem.

|  Great doctor!!!!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2013

I love his bedside matters. It doesn't matter how many patients he has he will dedicate each and everyone time... He explains everything until you understand and makes sure you do. I do recommend him to anyone who needs his help... His a GREAT doctor.... Hard one to find this days!!!

|  show details
Jan 24th, 2013

I go to this doctor for treatment of an overactive bladder. I visit his office in downtown Summit for most appointments. The building and waiting room are lovely and clean, though sometimes parking is an issue (just like in any downtown). Re: waiting times, sometimes things are prompt, and sometimes there are lengthy delays (over an hour), even with few people in the waiting room. His office staff, including the nurse/tech, are usually very nice. Dr. Greenstein himself seems very caring and genuinely interested in helping people. When I had trouble making my co-pays, he worked out payment method. Also, he really wanted to find root cause of the problem, and not just medicate it away. He also communicates with patients by e-mail, if they wish. A few things to keep in mind . . . he did NOT explain how long the pain might last after my cystoscopy, which turned out to be over 2 weeks (longer than any cystoscopy I’ve had). Also, he did not go over how painful a urinalysis would be. Preparing patients for these types of things would likely increase their comfort and confidence level in the physician.

|  Caring, capable, and extremely knowledgeable doctor.  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

Dr Greenstein impressed me immediately with his approach to patient evaluation and care. He takes more time than any doctor I know to do a thorough intake and obtain pertinent medical history. In addition he is current regarding new and cutting edge medical technology in his field as well as augmenting with more holistic approaches. Finally he is clearly committed to making a difference and truly cares about his patients medical care and wellbeing. I would recommend him unequivocally and am happy to have found him myself.Sincerely,Doug S.

|  Surgery experience..  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2012

Dr. Greenstein was extremely prompt and attentive when it came to my surgery. He followed up within 24 hours and thoroughly answered all questions I had. I would absolutely recommend his services.

|  Excellent  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Greenstein was friendly, prompt and thorough. He accomodated my special needs and followed up when necessary.

|  Dr. Greenstein was amazing :)  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2012

All I can say is Dr. Greenstein was extremely professional and took the time to go over scans that I brought to him and talk over what was going on. He spent the time I needed to make me understand and feel comfortable. He went the extra mile and asked if he could answer any of my questions which he took time to answer in a "complete" way. I think he is wonderful, highly recommend him! The girl Amanda in his office was just as nice and very helpful. Thanks to a wonderful practice Dr. Greenstein has :)